Have you thought about the Speed Racer movie lately?

Spawned by the randomness of the general board, here are the threads where you can do fun, pointless things. You may test the forum's features and make signature or avatar requests. Posts made here do not go towards your post count.

Have you thought about the Speed Racer movie lately?

Postby Davidizer13 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:43 pm

Because I have, I say as my head spins around and the next scene of the movie pours from my mouth.

Davidizer13

Re: Have you thought about the Speed Racer movie lately?

Postby shooraijin » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:43 am

I don't think it's the greatest thing the Wackowskis have ever done, but it's probably unfairly underrated.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Davidizer13 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:59 pm

shooraijin wrote:I don't think it's the greatest thing the Wackowskis have ever done,

Found the Jupiter Ascending fan.

Sure, it's tonally inconsistent (is it a goofy cartoony kids movie or an edgier take on an old classic? Why not both! No problem here!) but darned if it ain't pretty and it's a ton of fun. If you gotta fill a room with bright colors for a couple hours, you can't do any better. You could make a case for Redline or End of Eva (for a certain segment of the population) serving the same purpose - gorgeous visuals without much plot, something to overwhelm the senses.
Davidizer13

Postby shooraijin » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:21 am

Found the Jupiter Ascending fan.

Ha! No, it would be probably Cloud Atlas or the original Matrix.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Return to Goof Off and Testing