Help! Fake accounts.

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

Help! Fake accounts.

Postby TheChocolateGamer » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:17 pm

Most of the new members (f.e SarafovoGox today) are fake accounts for advertising (some of them are obscene too :/). There are mostly from Bulgaria and Russia. I'm just informing you this, dear moderators. Please treat their accounts as it is right :thumbsup:
Galatians 3:13 NIV: Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.”

Luke 6:31 NIV (The Golden Rule): Do to others as you would have them do to you.

“Too much of anything is dangerous, unless it's God's Love.”
― Reign

You seem happy from the bottom of your heart. That also makes me me just as happy.
-Sala Shane (Charlotte)

Statement of faith: http://www.filedropper.com/statementoffaith @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~
TheChocolateGamer

Re: Help! Fake accounts.

Postby IPv4 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:40 pm

Are they only advertising to you?
IPv4

Postby TheChocolateGamer » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:02 pm

IPv4 wrote:Are they only advertising to you?

No, they don't advertise to me, but they have advertisements in their signature, occupation and/or interests. Also on one account, their interests were SPOILER: Highlight text to read: prostitutes/prostitution :/
Galatians 3:13 NIV: Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.”

― Reign

You seem happy from the bottom of your heart. That also makes me me just as happy.
-Sala Shane (Charlotte)

Statement of faith: http://www.filedropper.com/statementoffaith @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~
TheChocolateGamer

Postby K. Ayato » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:41 am

At the far upper right corner of every post is the report button. Click it, indicate the reason (in this case, bots), and it goes straight to all the moderators.
K. Ayato

Postby TheChocolateGamer » Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:55 am

K. Ayato wrote:At the far upper right corner of every post is the report button. Click it, indicate the reason (in this case, bots), and it goes straight to all the moderators.

They don't post anything. How can I report their accounts?

― Reign

-Sala Shane (Charlotte)

TheChocolateGamer

Postby IPv4 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:04 am

I suggest that all accounts with any russian letters gets banned, and thats probably even more effective than building a wall around mexico.
IPv4

Postby K. Ayato » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:25 am

Send a PM to the moderators with the user names. If you're not sure who the moderators are, they're the ones with blue names.

And don't panic. This isn't the first time CAA had a slew of either bots or trolls. Just take a deep breath and send a private message to someone in charge (instead of making a thread, which gives the offenders the attention they want).
K. Ayato

Postby TheChocolateGamer » Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:09 pm

K. Ayato wrote:Send a PM to the moderators with the user names. If you're not sure who the moderators are, they're the ones with blue names.

And don't panic. This isn't the first time CAA had a slew of either bots or trolls. Just take a deep breath and send a private message to someone in charge (instead of making a thread, which gives the offenders the attention they want).

Thanks, will do :thumbsup: . I'm not worried, I just want to keep things clean and tidy. :P

― Reign

-Sala Shane (Charlotte)

TheChocolateGamer

Postby shooraijin » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:22 pm

We do eliminate these accounts as we find them. However, they may still appear on recent user registration lists and so on. In general, no need to give us a heads up unless they're actually posting and causing trouble on the board; we will find them as they turn up.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Return to Announcements and Feedback