Any semi-fluent Japanese speakers here?

Talk about anything in here.

Any semi-fluent Japanese speakers here?

Postby rocklee24 » Wed May 04, 2016 8:29 pm

Hello, everyone!

I am in a lookout for anyone who have been at least intermediate or fluent in the Japanese language. I don't know where else to post my topic, so i'd figure I start here if it's not any trouble.

The reason why I ask is because I am in need of several line translations for a script me and my fan-dubbers are currently working on. It's based off of Capcom and SNK and we want it to have a bit of an international feel to it.

The main characters that I will be portraying are Japanese, but I want the lines to sound true to their national origins as possible.

So if you, or if you know anyone, who is interested, please reply here as soon as possible! You will be credited for your help!

Thank you!
rocklee24

Re: Any semi-fluent Japanese speakers here?

Postby IPv4 » Thu May 05, 2016 8:47 am

is it a game or a video or what is it? (im not able to speak japanese).
IPv4

Postby rocklee24 » Thu May 05, 2016 2:22 pm

It's a fan-based project with an original story that's inspired by previous Capcom and SNK story, such as Street Fighter, King of Fighters, so it's technically a video, using sprites and drawings as main mediums.

And do you know anyone who can translate in Japanese?
rocklee24

Postby ClaecElric4God » Fri May 06, 2016 5:24 am

There are a handful of people who I know are pretty capable in Japanese here, so if you wait a bit I'm sure they'll pop out of the woodwork. I'd offer, but while I'm currently studying I'm fairly certain my fluency is not at the level you're looking for.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby rocklee24 » Fri May 06, 2016 4:09 pm

Thanks for your consideration! It's just several handful of sentences and phrases here and there, some I already know and others I don't know. Usually I write down certain sentences that's familiar to me, but I don't want to sound too generic, I just wanted to add flair, sass and personality to each individual characters.

Anyways, it doesn't have to be TOO fluent, but just enough to be recognizable and to make sense. Do you know anyone, though?
rocklee24

Postby ClaecElric4God » Fri May 06, 2016 10:20 pm

I know a couple people, though whether they would have time for it or not is a completely different question. You might ask Kaori, who I've seen active around here recently.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Postby rocklee24 » Fri May 06, 2016 11:44 pm

Okay! I will reach out to her, then. Thanks a lot!
rocklee24

Postby rocklee24 » Sat May 07, 2016 11:00 am

My search continues...
Last edited by rocklee24 on Sat May 07, 2016 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
rocklee24

Postby rocklee24 » Sat May 07, 2016 11:02 am

ClaecElric4God wrote: You might ask Kaori, who I've seen active around here recently.

Hey, Elric, I reached out to her and, unfortunately, it's a no-go. So my search continues...
rocklee24

Postby ClaecElric4God » Tue May 17, 2016 2:13 am

Hmm... I know a few people who have the skill you need, but likely not the time required to invest in something like this. You could ask goldenspines, one of the mods here, but I know she has quite a full plate herself. Gah, sorry, I'm running a blank!

ClaecElric4God

Postby rocklee24 » Tue May 17, 2016 5:28 pm

ClaecElric4God wrote:Hmm... I know a few people who have the skill you need, but likely not the time required to invest in something like this. You could ask goldenspines, one of the mods here, but I know she has quite a full plate herself. Gah, sorry, I'm running a blank!

Please be on the lookout for potential candidates! Thank you so much for your suggestions! I'll try her out!

If you know a few, please let me know here!
rocklee24

Return to General