[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
Forum security? - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

Forum security?

The geek forum. PHP, Perl, HTML, hardware questions etc.. it's all in here. Got a techie question? We'll sort you out. Ask your questions or post a link to your own site here!

Forum security?

Postby LecktheTech » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:07 pm

I was wondering how secure this whole site is. I just went looking on the internet and found some details about it, but it's still so small that there's not much at all. So far, there doesn't seem to be any encrytion anywhere(not that I know about.)
On another note, I've found that [url]eirewolfcreations.com[/url] is also owned by the owner of CAA.
♪The sword is sharp, the spear is long.

The arrow swift, the gate is strong

The heart is bold, that looks on gold

The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.♪
LecktheTech

Re: Forum security?

Postby Xeno » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:36 pm

This forum is practically the deep web, no need for encryption or secrets here.
Xeno

Postby Rusty Claymore » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:43 am

Nice answer, Xeno. For a second, I was worried they'd find out.
Rusty Claymore

Postby shooraijin » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:26 pm

LecktheTech wrote:I was wondering how secure this whole site is. I just went looking on the internet and found some details about it, but it's still so small that there's not much at all. So far, there doesn't seem to be any encrytion anywhere(not that I know about.)
On another note, I've found that [url]eirewolfcreations.com[/url] is also owned by the owner of CAA.

There isn't anything for the forum generally, no. So, naturally, don't use a password here that you want to be secure elsewhere, which is just good practice anyway.

Yes, that site is operated by EireWolf, who is married to Mithrandir.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby IPv4 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:30 am

LecktheTech wrote:I was wondering how secure this whole site is. I just went looking on the internet and found some details about it, but it's still so small that there's not much at all. So far, there doesn't seem to be any encrytion anywhere(not that I know about.)

are you some kind of script kiddie?
IPv4

Postby LecktheTech » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:37 am

script kiddie?

LecktheTech

Postby IPv4 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:00 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Script_kiddie

your name is lechtheTECH right?

script kiddie is someone with little or no knowledge that looks up youtube tutorials on how to hack a system and downloads alredy existing tools that does very advanced stuff on a button click. A script kiddie is one of those people who when they finally manage to hack a system wipes out the hard drive because they dont know what to do = very dangerous.
IPv4

Postby LecktheTech » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:43 pm

I could be one, but I don't hack systems. I am somewhat tech savvy and I enjoy messing with them. I was just looking around and was curious.

LecktheTech

Postby Warrior4Christ » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:08 am

This site is not encrypted, and thus not secure (as in fairly trivially accessible by any Eves, Oscars, etc in some situations, such as over an open wireless network or a machine on one of the routing points between your computer and this site's server).

Not sure what you mean by you found "some details about the site", and not sure what kinds of details you were after.

We do send passwords for this site, so it's a step more concerning than this question, but it gives you an idea of the vulnerability of unsecured sites.
http://security.stackexchange.com/quest ... g-any-sen/
Warrior4Christ

Location: Carefully place an additional prawn on the barbecue

Postby LecktheTech » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:38 pm

Warrior4Christ wrote:Not sure what you mean by you found "some details about the site", and not sure what kinds of details you were after.

I was more interested in what you can find out about sites in general, not that I'm fishing for anything in specific. That and that I had an idea to make an app for CAA.

LecktheTech

Return to Computing and Links