What Game Are You Playing Right Now?

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Re: What Game Are You Playing Right Now?

Postby Fantasia » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:49 pm

Splatoon got a big update today that includes lots of new gear to wear, including a Squid Girl (Ika Musume) costume!

That is just plain awesome.
Fantasia

Postby Shroopy » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:22 pm

Has anyone seen/read that anime/manga? It now sounds interesting to me.
HERE BEGINS THE QUOTE SECTION

"Click click click. Still defective." -Defective Turret

"Hands off my bread!"-Falco

"NYEHEHEH!" -Papyrus

THIS IS WHERE THE QUOTE SECTION ENDS

DO NOT READ THIS SENTENCE!

Where did you come from? Yes/No

ImageImageImage
http://img.memecdn.com/i-dare-here-to-do-that-with-a-piggy-bank_o_6395283.jpg
Shroopy

Postby Mullet Death » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:54 pm

Shroopy wrote:Has anyone seen/read that anime/manga? It now sounds interesting to me.

If you're talking about Squid Girl, then it's wonderful. A bright ray of sunshine that brings genuine joy and laughter into my life. It's too bad I don't have a Wii U and my friend who does doesn't own Splatoon.

Anyway, I've been playing Shadow of Mordor lately since Linux users recently acquired it. Its gameplay is a lot like the Assassin's Creed franchise, which is both good and bad. Overall an awesome game so far either way. Gotta love a good Lord of the Rings game.

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:16 am

Xeno wrote:
ClaecElric4God wrote:I've been playing Final Fantasy XIV obsessively of late. A friend from work got me into it, and I enjoy it a lot. I'm in the free trial stage, so whether me and my cheapskateness will stick with it is still in question. But it's definitely a fun game, love the BGM, and there is so much detail. I've never seen an MMO with so many NPCs.

Serious question, isn't FFXIV a game you have to purchase for like $60 and then pay a monthly subscription for on top of that?

The game itself is $20, unless you get the new content version which, yes, is like $60. And the monthly subscription is $15. Whether that's worth it to someone pretty much depends on one's financial situation and how much they really like the game, because I do think it has the potential to be worth the price.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Xeno » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:46 pm

ClaecElric4God wrote:The game itself is $20, unless you get the new content version which, yes, is like $60. And the monthly subscription is $15. Whether that's worth it to someone pretty much depends on one's financial situation and how much they really like the game, because I do think it has the potential to be worth the price.

Ah, cool. I get confused as to which MMOs are just one time fees, just monthly, neither, or both.

Anyway, I've been playing Final Fantasy X HD Remaster on the Vita. Haven't played FFX since the PS2 days, and I've completely forgotten the story and everything to this game. Which means it was either really unmemorable or 12 years is a long enough time to forget it. Spent about 23 hours in it so far, just got to the airship.
Xeno

Postby Banana Lobster » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:10 pm

I've been playing a lot of Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution 3 with my younger siblings lately. And yeah, I probably misspelled the game name somehow, haha.
Banana Lobster

Postby Zeldafan2 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:13 pm

Fire Emblem Awakening. 'Pretty solid so far, but I might prefer the characters from the first Fire Emblem game in the U.S. Also, adjusting to the 3d environments has been a bit of a challenge.
Zeldafan2

Postby Shroopy » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:59 pm

Oh! I'm playing Fire Emblem Awakening too!

"NYEHEHEH!" -Papyrus

ImageImageImage
Shroopy

Postby Fantasia » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:45 pm

Well, I would be playing Super Mario Maker, but I have to wait until a new charger arrives for my GamePad. I was able to play for a few hours, and it seems like a worthwhile game. It's a great concept to be able to create and play your own Mario levels, and you can play tons of levels created by other users.

In the meantime, I'll be playing Disney Infinity 3.0.
Fantasia

Postby Shroopy » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:13 pm

I actually have been playing a good deal of mario maker. So has Midiori.

"NYEHEHEH!" -Papyrus

ImageImageImage
Shroopy

Postby Mullet Death » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:01 pm

There aren't enough hours in the day to play all these games bruh. That's when you know it's time to stop wasting your money.

My most recently played game is SOMA. Haven't gotten very far but it's looking to be a pretty amazing game.

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby artisticDreamer » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:37 pm

I've been playing LoZ: Ocarina of Time. I just beat the water temple (which I though was going to be hard...), and have entered the shadow temple. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Though I think I should go back and find the Mask of Truth or something. I've also been trudging through Hyrule Warrior's Termina map.
artisticDreamer

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:40 pm

I visited a friend who has a PS3, so I got a chance to play Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus. A solid, fun little game that has everything you could want from an R&C game - even a gun that turns enemies into snowmen while playing "Jingle Bells" :lol:
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Sundown » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:34 pm

I'm juggling Fire Emblem: Awakening, New Leaf, and the original Zelda right now.
"Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in. Aim at earth and you will get neither." C.S. Lewis
Sundown

Postby Bobtheduck » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:33 am

Mass Effect, since my MGS5 fervor wore out. I don't even have my PS4 hooked up ATM because I've used that HDMI cable for my phone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:13 pm

Got back into playing The World Ends with You, and am also playing Ocarina of Time every now and then because come on. It's Ocarina of Time.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Sundown » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:00 pm

Had to restart LoZ because I somehow wiped out my data.

Also, I'm watching playthroughs of Undertale.
"Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in. Aim at earth and you will get neither." C.S. Lewis
Sundown

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:11 pm

Picked up FFVIII again. I'm a long-time FF fan, and man, is this game all over the place XD A lot funnier than they make it out to be...and also so unbearably confusing and complicated that I feel dumb as bricks playing it. I may have to resort to cheats eventually.... :waah!:

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Cat96 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:31 pm

Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon. I got my copy Friday evening, and just recently beat it (and the epilogue) a few minutes ago. As for my opinion, it wasn't a bad game. I liked the travel between continents thing. I also liked getting to see more characters from previous games. I had way too much time on my hands this weekend.
"While I live, I want to shine" -Grovyle (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky)
Cat96

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:29 am

I played Transistor. Great, great game. Very unique storytelling, and quite fun gameplay too. It just sort of drops you in without explaining anything to you, so it's a bit of a steep learning curve at first, but once you get the hang of it it's actually pretty easy.

I also started The Longest Journey. Honestly, I'm not sure what everyone sees in it so far. Yes, it's an old game, so I have to give it a bit more grace, but...it's just so boring :bang: The characters and setting are intricately fleshed out, sure, but every dialogue takes forever to get through, and they wait till you're several hours in to even begin the real plot DX And it also suffers from the main problem of adventure stories: obtuse puzzles that you'd never be able to figure out without walkthroughs. I'm going to soldier through this in the hopes that Dreamfall is better, but I think I'm going to have to take it in bite-sized chunks or I'll go nuts.

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Sheenar » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:20 am

I've been playing through Rune Factory 4 and Animal Crossing New Leaf lately. Both have been really enjoyable --I wound up marathoning RF4 yesterday because man, the story --I just had to find out what happened and finish that first arc.

Have several other games in progress that I will get to at some point. I have the issue of starting many things and then it taking ages to finish because I have so many in progress.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Rusty Claymore » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:15 pm

"Finished" MGSV. Not 100%, but just missing development items, and a few extra missions.
Rusty Claymore

Postby Shroopy » Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:28 pm

Just started Animal Crossing New Leaf. If you want to see my town or me to see yours, PM me.

"NYEHEHEH!" -Papyrus

ImageImageImage
Shroopy

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:18 pm

Sheenar wrote:Have several other games in progress that I will get to at some point. I have the issue of starting many things and then it taking ages to finish because I have so many in progress.

XD I have this exact same problem. Case in point: I started Metro 2033, when I really don't need to be starting any more games. I suck at shooters, but this one looks like it has a promising story, so I'll give it a go.

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Penter » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:59 pm

Recently Began Xenoblade Chronicles. It's interesting, but feels like there is too much grinding. I'm still going through it, though. The world is *massive*
Penter

Postby Sheenar » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:23 am

Still playing Rune Factory 4. I can't for the life of me get that 3rd story arc to trigger. Blah. Still trying. Following the tips given on the GameFAQs board, but still nothing. XP

That's my only real complaint with the game --the event triggers are so random --and sometimes difficult to trigger.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:35 am

Over Christmas break, I played Magicka with my brother. What a hilarious game! It was a bit buggy, but so much fun. I got pretty good at whipping out my favorite spells - QFFQFFQF and RASA were my favorites (sorry, I don't know what they're called, if they technically have a name XD). We got through all of the Adventure mode. Definitely want to play some more.

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Sheenar » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:18 pm

I finally got the 3rd story arc to trigger completely by accident the week of Christmas. I had decided to just play through normally and, one day in the game, the event finally triggered.

Only now I can't get very far in the dungeon for this part and have to do a lot of grinding as the difficulty has jumped substantially in this part of the game. XP

Sheenar

Postby Xeno » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:08 am

Oh boy, current games I'm working on in various bursts of interest:
Grand Theft Auto V for PC
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky First Chapter for PC
Batman: Arkham Knight Nightmare Mode + new DLC for Xbox One
Fallout 4 for Xbox One
IA/VT for PS Vita
Hatsune Miku Project Diva F2nd for PS Vita
Hatsune MIku Project Mirai DX for 3DS
Kirby Triple Deluxe for 3DS
Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (replay) for 3DS
Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (replay) for 3DS Virtual Console
Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD for Wii U
Final Fantasy X HD Remaster for PS Vita
Steins;Gate for PS Vita
fault milestone one for PC
The Fruit of Grisaia for PC
Xeno

Postby Rusty Claymore » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:40 pm

My Dad and I are playing Demon's Souls again. We're going to beat it this time! We're doing pretty good so far, just about where we left off last time, and now we've made new characters... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
...we might not make it this time, either...
Rusty Claymore

Previous Next

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews