What are you listening to now?

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Re: What are you listening to now?

Postby SupraKahn » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:51 pm

The Immersion album by Pendulum LOT of Infected Mushroom's stuff. Their songs have been used to make some pretty beast AMV's.
SupraKahn

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:21 pm

Basically everything Vivaldi ever wrote <3
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Thunderscream872 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:35 pm

Recently, I've been listening to allot of Atreyu, specifically their songs "The Crimson", "Gallows", "Storm to Pass", and "You Were the King, Now You're Unconscious". Those songs are really awesome, some of their other stuff isn't so great though. They seem like a very "hit or miss" band, at least to me.
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:36 pm

"Going in Blind" by P.O.D.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Thunderscream872 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:27 am

I've recently listened to the following albums:

The Amity Affliction - Let the Ocean Take Me (Pretty good)
Taking Back Sunday - Tell All Your Friend (Pretty good)
I See Stars - 3-D (It was okay)
I See Stars - End of the World Party (This was definitely the best out of all these albums)
Hey Monday - Hold on Tight (Really liked it)
Our Last Night - Age of Ignorance (not so good)
My Chemical Romance - Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys (I've now fully listened to every MCR album. This album was decent. Every song felt unique)

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

Thunderscream872

Postby mdmrn » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:42 am

Nothing. My iPod dock stopped working...

Sigh.

But, about to start listening to some Shope from his free mix-tape.
MDMRN
Christian -- Dad -- Husband -- Engineer -- Conservative -- Beard Aficionado -- General Dork
mdmrn

Postby artisticDreamer » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:57 pm

Gangnam Style cuz why not.
artisticDreamer

Postby mdmrn » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:29 am

Listening to remixed Gameboy music from OC Remix. They did a collection for the 25th Anniversary of the Gameboy which you can download for free here
MDMRN
Christian -- Dad -- Husband -- Engineer -- Conservative -- Beard Aficionado -- General Dork
mdmrn

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:40 pm

"Clash of Empires" by Two Steps from Hell

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Sheenar » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:22 am

My friend Andrew Sullivan's new CD "Lost Again"
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:24 pm

"The Lovegoods" from the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 Soundtrack by Alexandre Desplat

...and now "Low" by Coldplay

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby artisticDreamer » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:38 pm

Bad End Night
wheee
artisticDreamer

Postby Thunderscream872 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:52 pm

Albums I've listened to lately:

Greeley Estates - Far From the Lies
-It was okay. "Life Is a Garden" was really good, but the rest of the songs were pretty forgettable.

A Skylit Drive - Rise
-Pretty solid. "Rise" is definitely the best song on the album, but the whole thing was pretty good, they just need to add a little more variety--it got kinda repetitive.

I See Stars - Digital Renegade
-Pretty good, not as good as "End of the World Party", but better than their first album.

Taking Back Sunday - Louder Now
-"Spin" was a really cool song, the rest of the album was kind of hit or miss.

Taking Back Sunday - New Again
-Horrible.

August Burns Red - Rescue and Restore
-Pretty epic. I think that "Spirit Breaker" or "Provision" were the best songs.

We Are the Ocean - Cutting Our Teeth
-Pretty solid album overall.

Thunderscream872

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:30 am

"My Head Is Spinning" by SoLaRiS

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby anlptgtsg » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:42 pm

光の方へ(Toward the Light) by Kokia
anlptgtsg

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:55 pm

"Siuil A Run" by Celtic Woman

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:41 pm

anlptgtsg wrote:光の方へ(Toward the Light) by Kokia

I looked this up when you mentioned it (am a fan of Kokia) and ended up listening to this on repeat all night. Very nice.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby jlfranklin » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:55 pm

As of right now?? I'm listening to Jump Around! -- Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. After my college buddy told me to check out "Parasyte the Maxim" (You Should Be Watching!), I fell in love with the opening theme! I like how they cross electronica, pop, punk and post-hardcore! They're very different from what we hear over here in the U.S.! But that's Japan for you!
Any such individual reality can be perceived by others as nothing more than being imagination. This changes when said imagination, opens to embrace a certain degree of widespread awareness. At that stage, it has the potential to be perceived by anyone, as reality. — Oshii Mamoru (Assault Girls)

What may seem like an unworthy cause to you, is more than enough reason for me. -- Yasutora Sado (BLEACH)

A bond is a deep connection that can never be broken. Even if apart, heart and heart are still connected. -- Tendou Souji (Kamen Rider Kabuto)
jlfranklin

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:24 pm

"Stricken" by Disturbed

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Xeno » Mon May 04, 2015 2:35 pm

Tchaikovsky's Concerto No. 1 in B-Flat Minor for Piano and Orchestra, Opus 23
Xeno

Postby Thunderscream872 » Mon May 11, 2015 6:14 am

A few albums that I've listened to recently (in no particular order):

Attack of the Wolf King - Haste the Day
Guilty Pleasure - Ashley Tisdale
Reincarnate - Motionless In White
New Demons - I See Stars
Portraits - Bury Tomorrow
The Golden Ratio - Shadows Chasing Ghosts
Under the Gun - Modern Day Escape
F.E.A.R - Papa Roach
Lemon Parade - Tonic
Truth or Dare - Automatic Loveletter
Sigh No More - Mumford and Sons
Epsilon - Blood Stain Child
Lies to Light the Way - Myka, Relocate

Can't think of any others off the top of my head...

Thunderscream872

Postby MomentOfInertia » Tue May 19, 2015 5:31 pm

Walk don't run: The best of the Ventures
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu May 21, 2015 3:18 pm

"You're Not Alone" by Saosin

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Thunderscream872 » Sat May 23, 2015 5:20 am

Albums I've listened to lately:

Damage - Emphatic (Didn't really care for it)
A New Day - Four Letter Lie (It wasn't bad)
Captives - The Hype Theory (Really liked it)

Thunderscream872

Postby ClaecElric4God » Fri May 29, 2015 10:27 am

Tatta Hitotsu no Omoi - Kokia
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sun May 31, 2015 8:25 am

"The Blue Traveler" from the Xenogears Soundtrack by Yasunori Mitsuda

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby SincerelyAnomymous » Sun May 31, 2015 11:59 am

"Unicorn" from the Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn ost by Hiroyuki Sawano
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”-Oscar Wilde

“Books change us. Books save us. I know this because it happened to me.”Elif Shafak

"Don't stop unbelieving, never give into your unfeelings"-Mabel Pines, Gravity Falls
SincerelyAnomymous

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:11 am

"No One Else Knows" by Building429

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Banana Lobster » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:06 pm

How to Train Your Dragon soundtrack.
Banana Lobster

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:41 am

"Blue Caravan" by Vienna Teng

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Previous Next

Return to Jam Session