Sammy Boy's art

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

Sammy Boy's art

Postby Sammy Boy » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:33 am

Hi everyone, I spent the past couple of nights making a nebula.

I had a lot of fun and feel I've learned a fair bit about making space art in the process.

If interested, you can check it out here: http://wildspark.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d5pbblt

Cheers! :)
Last edited by Sammy Boy on Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sammy Boy

Re: Nebula

Postby FreddyCast » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:58 pm

I love nebulas, my youtube channel has a nebula as it's background.
ImageHebrews 13:2 Do not forget/neglect to entertain (show hospitality to) strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it.
My Manga Story "The Fallen Rise"
GOD'S CREATION, THE FALL OF LUCIFER, & THE RISE OF THE MESSIAH Enter my Channel if you dare
ROMAN CATHOLIC MARIOLATRY Series
MY BLOG
FreddyCast

Location: Under Kris-tina's bed or hiding in Wolfsong's tree (you can't find me)

Re: Sammy Boy's art

Postby Sammy Boy » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:09 am

Nebulae give me a feeling of peace when I look at them. :)

Here is my attempt at doing manga fan art:
http://wildspark.deviantart.com/art/Tal ... -375177421
Sammy Boy

Postby Koneko-chan » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:24 pm

That's really good! :D

I like details in her hair. Like.. A lot! >w<
"I believe...I want to live my life, carrying my memories with me. Even if those memories are painful, even if those memories do nothing but hurt me...Even those memories I wish I could forget...As long as I keep carrying them with me and don't run away from them. Someday...Someday, I believe I will get to the point where I'm not oppressed by those memories. That's what I want to believe. I'd like to think that there's not a single memory that I have which would be okay to forget." -Momiji Sohma - Fruits Basket

You are forgiven. Always and completely forgiven. - The 11th Doctor
No matter how small the problem is, how small the thing is, it will always effect the people around you. - Yuko Ichihara - XXXHolic
Total Grell fangirl. :3 <3
Koneko-chan

Postby Sammy Boy » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:17 am

Thank you! I still haven't learnt shading properly. I mean to do that someday.

Here is my first attempt at doing actual blending: http://wildspark.deviantart.com/art/Sta ... -417092101
Sammy Boy

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:49 pm

It's absolutely lovely~ Seriously, I am in complete awe of your space artwork, and last one, and the other one XD;;
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby Sammy Boy » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:25 am

Thank you Panda4christ! I really appreciate the comment - there are still lots of techniques (both painting and composition) that I need to learn to make the images really great, your encouragement helps a lot. :)
Sammy Boy

Postby Sammy Boy » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:56 am

Here is my attempt to draw Totoro:

http://wildspark.deviantart.com/art/My- ... -462895357

I would like to gradually draw something from all of the Studio Ghibli films that I have watched, but time and elite skills are both still lacking. :lol:
Sammy Boy

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:32 pm

Wow. That's really good Sammy! :D
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."
"God expects spiritual fruit not religious nuts."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:19 pm

Eee, Totoro <3
I love it~ The shading looks really nice :)
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby Sammy Boy » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:43 am

In trying to draw Laputa, I found that my understanding of clouds and how they reflect / absorb light was superficial, at best. Hopefully some day I will do a better version.

http://wildspark.deviantart.com/art/Lap ... -464541017

Sammy Boy

Postby Sammy Boy » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:52 am

Tried to draw an eye after watching one of those online videos. I think the reflections need more work. :)

http://wildspark.deviantart.com/art/Mel ... -473784869
Sammy Boy

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:12 pm

Your drawings are so good! Especially that eye. I mean just...wow. ^-^
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby nillapoet » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:33 pm

That's a really nice looking eye. I always have trouble with eyes.
nillapoet

Postby Sammy Boy » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:20 am

Thanks for your comments. I now see that the eyelashes and pupil need more work as well!

Sometimes, when I leave a drawing for a while and come back to it, I see all sorts of mistakes.... :0
Sammy Boy

Postby Sammy Boy » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:12 am

My attempt at doing a Gundam RX-78-2 head: http://wildspark.deviantart.com/art/Gun ... -480578293

If anyone can point me to some tutorials or principles of better quality digital colour / shading / highlighting and/or with "special effects", I am all ears (and many thanks in advance). :)

Sammy Boy

Postby Sammy Boy » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:50 am

I recently drew some characters that a friend created some years ago, I haven't coloured it in yet, but thought I'd share it for now (because I tend to be lazy and colouring may be months away)

It's called "Guardians of Justice - International Jurisdiction" - http://wildspark.deviantart.com/art/Gua ... -492522842
Sammy Boy

Postby ClaecElric4God » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:43 pm

Wow, that's really well done! Nice work!
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:30 am

Wow, cool! Very nice! Keep up the good work!

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby Hitomi » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:23 pm

Sammy Boy wrote:Here is my attempt to draw Totoro:

http://wildspark.deviantart.com/art/My- ... -462895357

I would like to gradually draw something from all of the Studio Ghibli films that I have watched, but time and elite skills are both still lacking. :lol:

* starts singing the totoro song* so adorable! * jumps on totoro and nuzzles into his fluffy fur!* you also have a interest art style! I like it!
Hitomi

Postby Sammy Boy » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:12 am

Thanks for the comments folks!

After several nights, I've finally finished my first digital painting (okay, so I also used my own photo stock as textures, but the under-painting is entirely digital ). I've really enjoyed doing this piece, I felt like I learnt a fair bit in the process.

Link: http://wildspark.deviantart.com/art/Gat ... -509717019
Sammy Boy

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:51 am

Wow, this is absolutely gorgeous! I love the detail, especially on the path. Keep up the good work!
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Postby TheAlbinoMoose » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:43 pm

I love your stuff.
Do you see this gorgeous creature?
That graceful profile. Those striking eyes. Behold the albino moose.
A wise man once said, "you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friend's nose."
TheAlbinoMoose

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:10 am

So pretty! I agree with Claec about the path! Keep it up! :)

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby Sammy Boy » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:39 am

Thanks everyone! I've been busy at work learning stuff at a training course, so haven't had any brain cells left during this week to do any art.... :0
Sammy Boy

Postby Sammy Boy » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:21 pm

A quick sketch to get me into the "mood" for drawing again....

Sammy Boy

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:52 pm

Oh, that's pretty cool. Keep it up! Now that you're in the mood you have to draw tons more for us.

ClaecElric4God

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:45 am

Sammy Boy wrote:A quick sketch to get me into the "mood" for drawing again....

Triple thumbs up! :D

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby Sammy Boy » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:57 am

Hello everyone, I decided to try give myself 30 minutes each night (or less) to draw something ... anything ... in order to keep practising.

Here is my attempt at Kenshiro

http://wildspark.deviantart.com/art/Kenshiro-528289016
Sammy Boy

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:22 am

Oh, nice! I really like your style of shading. This picture is really cool. This means you're gonna post a lot more, right? ;)

ClaecElric4God

Next

Return to Art Corner