The Walking Dead (TV series)

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

The Walking Dead (TV series)

Postby Sammy Boy » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:00 am

Does anyone watch this series?

I find the story as a whole somewhat depressing, but at the same time I want to find out what happens to the characters...
Sammy Boy

Re: The Walking Dead (TV series)

Postby Rewin » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:46 pm

I watched the first season but didn't really like any of the characters and didn't care what happened to them enough to keep watching. I know a lot of people who really like it, though.
Rewin

Postby PandaPop » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:21 pm

Yessss!!! I LOVE it, I agree about it being a bit depressing, and I find some of the characters and scenarios occasionally annoying, but all the action gore awesomeness makes up for it, keeping it one of my favorite (quite possibly favorite) shows at the moment. I haven't watched the season premiere yet, but I have it recorded!
PandaPop

Postby Firo » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:45 pm

I love it! But I keep asking my self why I watch it when I get so sad! lol! It is super good though!
"No man is a fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." -Jim Elliot

https://www.facebook.com/mcrilly3
Firo

Postby Sammy Boy » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:12 am

PandaPop wrote:Yessss!!! I LOVE it, I agree about it being a bit depressing, and I find some of the characters and scenarios occasionally annoying, but all the action gore awesomeness makes up for it, keeping it one of my favorite (quite possibly favorite) shows at the moment. I haven't watched the season premiere yet, but I have it recorded!

Oh I see, the gore is actually the one part that I like the least about the show. :)

Firo wrote:I love it! But I keep asking my self why I watch it when I get so sad! lol! It is super good though!

Perhaps because you wanted to see the characters survive?
Sammy Boy

Postby PandaPop » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:53 pm

I can definitely understand how the gore could be a bother (my mom practically closes her eyes through half the show lol), also has anyone tried eating while watching it! There is no way I can haha, everything gets like ten times worse when you try to eat!
Omgosh SPOILER: Highlight text to read: when Rick cut off Hershels foot :wow!: that was one of the craziest things I have ever seen in a show! My whole family was screaming!

I love how it keeps you on the edge of your seat the entire time though, I am constantly anxious to see what is going to happen next!
PandaPop

Postby Sammy Boy » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:02 am

I think what he did was crazy but necessary, so it wasn't crazy. :)

It was just the sounds of what he was doing that was revolting, more so than the action itself...

But thankfully, once I've seen gory scenes, they don't really stay in my mind.
Sammy Boy

Postby bigsleepj » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:21 am

Overall an excellent series, but my only beef with it is that there are times when the characters do stupid things simply in order to create crises and conflict.
bigsleepj

Postby marro1 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:16 am

I don't. People are getting desensitized with zombies. My cousins and my brother think that the apocalypse could be zombies. It's insane, but it's because they watch stuff like that, and they explain it in a "scientific way" that makes them believe it.
Now I see. You’re Jealous. You’re jealous of humans aren’t you? According to you, humans are supposed to be a lot weaker than homunculi. And yet, even if they get discouraged after being beaten, and even if they get close to falling down after losing their paths, they continue to get up and fight. Everyone around them helps them get back up. And you’re envious of that.
Edward

I'm a worthless piece of garbage that can't even write a straight looking K!
Death the Kid.

marro1

Postby Roy Mustang » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:19 am

Waiting for season 4 to come to Netflix. Really, there was only one reason that I started following the show from the start and that was, because it was film in my state as well as the towns next to me.
Roy Mustang

Postby Thunderscream872 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:43 pm

I used to be really into this show. About a year ago I kinda lost interest though. Its weird cause I got a few of my friends into it (I used to talk about it all the time), and almost as soon as they started watching it, I lost interest.

Idk, I kinda feel like there's no point to it. When I'm watching it, it just always feels like all my favorite characters are gonna meet their inevitable death eventually, and "shock value" is used too much as a gimmick to keep people watching. I realized that its a "who's gonna die next week" kind of show, and then I slowly just lost interest. I'll still watch it when AMC is playing a marathon, though.

Idk, anyone else feel this way about it?
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby IPv4 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:40 pm

I have watched like 2-3 seasons but felt that it just became more and more boring. Also im not very into the gore part. However there is a GREAT walking-dead videogame for ps3/xbox/pc.
IPv4

Postby Thunderscream872 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:41 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4GAs9TJVjM

Trailer for season 5, looks pretty good.
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Return to General Entertainment