Introducing my new blog! :)

The geek forum. PHP, Perl, HTML, hardware questions etc.. it's all in here. Got a techie question? We'll sort you out. Ask your questions or post a link to your own site here!

Introducing my new blog! :)

Postby Okami » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:21 pm

I'm not typically the type to prance about going "Oh my gosh, look at my stuff!" Or at least, not like that anyways...But I'm super excited for this and I figured if people wanted to take a look at this blog of mine, they could. :) I just write about life, my thoughts, music, whatever's on my mind at the time that I think is important.

So, with that being said...
introducing the new Of Muddy Paws On The Concrete Road!

I've decided for personal reasons to make the transition from Tumblr to Wordpress, have been migrating posts over, and soon will begin page design and so on. It's still in the early working stages, but it'll get there eventually. Haha. :P Enjoy, friends! :thumb:
Okami

Re: Introducing my new blog! :)

Postby Sheenar » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:52 am

Thanks for sharing your heart, friend. You are an encouragement to me. :)
Sheenar

Postby Okami » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:51 am

Thank you, Sheena. :)

Anyone else have any thoughts?
I'd rather this thread become a discussion place for my blog rather than a place where I just post updates. I think I'd find having some discussion might help spur on posts or stir up some interest for me to write about topics, rather than the blog becoming a rant on life. I want Of Muddy Paws On The Concrete Road to be a place of continuous encouragement above all else! :D
Okami

Postby Okami » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:26 pm

It's been about a month since my previous post. I know I don't get around to blogging nearly as much as I'd like to with my busy semester, but I do enjoy the time I get to sit and type on my own terms. :) I've noticed every once and a while I'll get a CAA hit to the blog, so it's nice to see some people checking it out, even if they don't say so, here!

My latest post is a reflection back on a journal entry I found last night while going through some things at home.

Thanks for reading, everyone! Any feedback thus far?
Okami

Postby Okami » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:52 pm

This is one of the hardest posts I've written so far. It's called "Hospitalized" (since I am linking the main page due to the "more" tag being cut off in the actual link to the post). Those two extra weeks that I was unexpectedly, suddenly gone, this is my explanation.
Okami

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:38 pm

Wow, I could smack myself for not checking out your blog sooner. I'll have to take some time and really read all your stuff. Your posts are such an encouragement. It's great to see what God has done in your life and to see the relationship you have with Him. I really appreciate being able to hear about how much you trust Him and give Him the glory.

It's amazing to see how God has called you to this ministry. You will be such a blessing to people struggling in this area, "the broken", so much more than those who haven't struggled through it themselves. I have to admit I don't know much about people who self-injure, but I imagine they're like anyone else, in that, they'll be alot more open and receptive to someone who understands and can relate to them. People tend to shut out advice, support, etc. from people if they can just tell themselves "they don't understand me". You have such a wonderful opportunity here!

As far as your recent struggles, I'm so glad to hear that you're back on the road to recovery. Thanks for being willing to share with us. This must have been really hard.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Okami » Thu May 09, 2013 8:11 pm

A few posts have gone up since Hospitalized. Here's the latest, Miracle.
Okami

Postby Okami » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:44 am

Well, a few weeks have gone by. Just wanted to say there's some new posts to read on the blog. :)
Okami

Postby Okami » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:27 pm

Here's the latest, including a picture of my upcoming Trainer Red cosplay!
Okami

Postby Okami » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:23 am

Been a while since I posted updates here (though there's been several on the blog to be read!) Today's post comes specifically in time for my best friend and accountability partner's birthday, on the topic of Accountability. I'm praying it will help many. :D
Okami

Postby Okami » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:58 pm

My newest blog post is yet another on living with mental illness; this time about my new diagnosis.
Okami

Postby Okami » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:42 am

Okami

Postby Okami » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:08 pm

So this week is National Suicide Prevention Week, and tomorrow (9/10) is World Suicide Prevention Day. I am currently working on a post for tomorrow on Christian Community and Suicide. Will edit/update this with the link then. :)
Okami

Postby Okami » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:18 am

Christian Community & Suicide

My heart goes out for the brokenhearted in this one. I'm hoping that this becomes a conversation starter. :D
Okami

Postby Sheenar » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:40 pm

I shared your blog post on my blog (I hope that's okay) --it just really resonated with me. We really do need to talk more about this topic within the body of believers --we have been silent on it for far too long! People need to know that there is hope.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Okami » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:53 am

Sheenar wrote:I shared your blog post on my blog (I hope that's okay) --it just really resonated with me. We really do need to talk more about this topic within the body of believers --we have been silent on it for far too long! People need to know that there is hope.

This is beautiful, Sheena. :) I know I really struggled on how much to say in terms of my own story, but then realized that if people really wanted to know that badly, there are posts that give all the details already written. :XD: I know this is the first time I've discussed the topic from a spiritual matter rather than that of mental health, as I'm learning how the two co-exist, so the response towards it has been different, but interesting. It's refreshing to see people talk, giving hope, telling stories, letting people know they aren't alone in their struggle!
Okami

Postby Okami » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:12 am

In continuing the theme of National Suicide Prevention Week, today I focus on suicide and mental health in my story. This post is relatively brief in consideration of how I usually write, taking time instead to link back to previous posts that tell the story in greater detail. :) Here's the link.
Okami

Postby Okami » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:34 am

Okami

Postby Okami » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:46 pm

I decided to do something fun and write on the wait to the new Pokemon X and Y, Origins, and other such nerdy things. Here it is! :D
Okami

Postby LupoRedgrave » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:49 pm

Okami, your blog is very interesting and enjoyable, please keep up the awesome updates. :D
...Proverbs 4:18...
LupoRedgrave

Postby Okami » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:37 pm

LupoRedgrave wrote:Okami, your blog is very interesting and enjoyable, please keep up the awesome updates. :D

Thanks, Lupo. :)

Here's a nerdy life update. XD
Okami

Postby Okami » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:10 am

Well, over the course of the last couple weeks I've posted updates on NaNoWriMo. Those wanting to read posts pertaining to that can find them through my home page. :)

Today's post specifically addresses thankfulness of friends and struggles with life and sin in general. It was my attempt at getting some things in my head 'out on paper'.
Okami

Postby Okami » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:56 pm

Just realized it's been over a month since I last updated this thread... oops.

The latest update talks about my new online journal. See the homepage for what else has been missed!
Okami

Postby Flying_leaves » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:23 pm

I just read your post on accountability.

Thank you for your wisdom and honesty on these difficult topics. :)

God Bless <3
~*~Mel~*~
When life is rough, pray. When life is great, pray.
"...forgetting what lies behind but straining forward to what lies ahead, I continue my pursuit toward the goal, the prize of God's upward calling." ~ Phillippians 3:13-14
http://flylikealeaf.tumblr.com :grin:

<3~*Sakamichi no Apollon*~<3
Flying_leaves

Return to Computing and Links