Self-Exorcism? I think there's a demon in me

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

Self-Exorcism? I think there's a demon in me

Postby xGuardian » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:06 am

I'm not trolling or pretending, I really do think there's evil in me or around me.
How do I perform a self-exorcism?
I wanna rid the monster in me.
xGuardian

Postby tronethiel7 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:53 am

Yeah you are gonna have to elaborate.
" And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.â€
tronethiel7

Postby acgifford » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:44 pm

I believe that you can cast demons out of your self. But it must be done correctly and in the name of Jesus. Only Jesus has that kind of power. You don't. You would do well to remember that. I at one point thought their was a demon in me, because I would get angry over the most stupid of things. And when I say angry...I don't mean just a little. I got down on my knees and prayed. I prayed hard. I told Jesus I was sorry and wanted to be rid of the Demon inside me. I said multiple times " in the name of Jesus I command you demon to leave my body." I asked Jesus to protect me and to cast the demon from me. I dont exactly remember the order of what I said. But Jesus lifted whatever it was from me and I could finaly breathe. It felt as if a weight was lifted from me. What I would recommend is to submit to God and seriously speak to Him and tell Him you are sorry and ask Him to help you.

Curious, what is going on exactly?
[color="Lime"]"Do or do not, there is no try." Yoda[/color]
[color="DarkOrange"]Psalm32: 1 Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.[/color]
Proud member of MOES!! You better believe I have no scrolling.^_~
[color="Blue"]Doctor Who fan!! [/color]:jump:
[color="Yellow"]"Dare to read, think, speak and write." John Adams[/color]
[color="Pink"]Proud Member of the SisterHoos! ^^[/color]
[color="Red"]Vash the Stampede: I meditate diligently every morning. The subject is Life and Love. I quit after three seconds.[/color]
acgifford

Postby K. Ayato » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:14 pm

Hold on just a sec. How are you certain that there is in fact a demon in you and not just manifestations of the sinful nature? I know from the accounts in Scripture that those who were possessed with demons had no control over themselves at all. Example that comes to mind is the man from Gadarenes (you know, the one where the demons were then sent into the pigs?). Once he was healed, both Mark and Luke's account describe him as being in his right mind (emphasis mine).

Without elaboration from you, it sounds like you're just struggling with sinful desires. I know some people call them their "personal demons", and if that's what you're referring to, then my best suggestion is to get some elders from the church and friends to pray with and for you and hold you accountable.
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby goldenspines » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:29 pm

Yeah, there is this thing called "sinful nature". It's inside all of us because, well, we (humans) messed up in the Garden of Eden, so here we are. You want to be rid of the monster inside of you? Join the club; we're all in this together.

Now, this might come as a shock, but the world is evil. In fact, it would be weird if you didn't recognize evil around you, because it's there.
Luckily, God is gracious and He has forgiven us. All we have to do is ask. Thus, when you sin and make really stupid mistakes (as you will do; we all do), cast your cares and burdens on God and trust in Him completely and He will give you rest from your "monster".

Echoing K. Ayato, you're probably not possessed with a demon, since you would probably not be able to control your actions and probably wouldn't be asking how to get rid of one. XP

tl;dr Just pray and ask God to give you peace of mind.
goldenspines

Postby Nate » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:03 pm

I thought I had a demon in me once.

Turned out to be gas.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Vega » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:39 pm

Are you really so sure its a demon? I think you should try just relaxing and not worry about things. Inner peace helps a lot of crap
The mind is so complex when your based. 32 levels. Welcome to my world. --Lil B
I'm not guna let anything take the love from my heart, the love of life and spreading peace and positive, thank you earth I'm alive. --Lil B
Swag like I'm marrow, in my bones. Swag in my bones. Bone Marrow Swag. -- Lil B
Shouts out to Lil B "The Based God".
Vega

Postby seaglass27 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:20 pm

I believe very strongly in demonic possession, having performed an exorcism on a friend. My ministry school teacher believes that self-exorcism is possible. I would recommend identifying what the gateway for that demon to enter you was and then seek to correct your life in that area. Also identify anything that is even remotely occultish and stay away from it. Really go overboard. Prayer and fasting are your best friends, and a multiple day won't hurt to try. Praising God and calling on the name of Jesus Christ is crucial.

I'll pray for your deliverance and you should do the same.
seaglass27

Postby Tarnish » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:58 pm

I assume you've already tried the obvious.

i draw things

Ponies are for ages six and under.
Tarnish

Postby tronethiel7 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:22 pm

K. Ayato (post: 1597430) wrote:Hold on just a sec. How are you certain that there is in fact a demon in you and not just manifestations of the sinful nature? I know from the accounts in Scripture that those who were possessed with demons had no control over themselves at all. Example that comes to mind is the man from Gadarenes (you know, the one where the demons were then sent into the pigs?). Once he was healed, both Mark and Luke's account describe him as being in his right mind (emphasis mine).

Without elaboration from you, it sounds like you're just struggling with sinful desires. I know some people call them their "personal demons", and if that's what you're referring to, then my best suggestion is to get some elders from the church and friends to pray with and for you and hold you accountable.

I agree with this as well. I really think you need to give us some more information so that we can better discern your problem.
" And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.â€
tronethiel7

Postby xGuardian » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:16 am

I definitely know there's one in me, I keep hurting people I care about, I'm a horrible person and I wanna rid this evil in me.
xGuardian

Postby tronethiel7 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:15 am

xGuardian (post: 1598098) wrote:I definitely know there's one in me, I keep hurting people I care about, I'm a horrible person and I wanna rid this evil in me.

I don't want to offend you, but is it possible you can go into specifics about this whole scenario. The short sentences are making this hard. What are your actual experiences, describe them? How are you hurting people? Anything you can think of on top of that.
tronethiel7

Postby K. Ayato » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:30 am

Are you blacking out or losing complete control of yourself?
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby armeck » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:45 am

xGuardian (post: 1598098) wrote:I definitely know there's one in me, I keep hurting people I care about, I'm a horrible person and I wanna rid this evil in me.

that doesn't particularly mean you have a demon. we all fall short from time to time and hurt people we love. maybe your too hard on yourself.
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Postby Iconodule » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:50 pm

You have been given authorty to do such a thing? Can a demon banish itself?
Iconodule

Postby DaughterOfZion » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:26 pm

Iconodule (post: 1598354) wrote:You have been given authorty to do such a thing? Can a demon banish itself?

Your saying xGuardian's a demon? Clarification.

Anyways, personally it sounds like your overly worried by human nature. We're people, we do sucky things sometimes. Apologize to whoever you hurt, try not to do it again, and get on with life.
/ 人 ‿‿人 \
"Validation is for parking."- Steal Like an Artist Austin Kleon
I have deduced that your imagination has no coherence whatsoever.- Kyōya Ōtori
DaughterOfZion

Re: Self-Exorcism? I think there's a demon in me

Postby Cc4FuzzyHuggles » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:57 pm

Be careful, pray scripture, call out to God/Jesus, read the bible, and remember, Jesus is the one who has authority.
Now then, I apologize for so much to read, but hey, it depends on how serious you are about seeking help, and at least it's here for whatever you find useful.

These ministries deal with a lot of that kind of stuff, maybe you can check out their websites or contact them to request prayer, information, or help :
http://www.sidroth.org/site/PageServer

http://www.cbn.com/700club/

Book recommendations :
http://www.christianbook.com/exposing-satans-playbook-secrets-strategies-discover/perry-stone/9781616388690/pd/26949EB?item_code=WW&netp_id=991289&event=ESRCG&view=details

http://www.christianbook.com/prayers-that-rout-demons-ebook/john-eckhardt/9781599793610/pd/15842EB?item_code=WW&netp_id=889109&event=ESRCQ&view=details

Bible verses that talk about demons/evil spirits :

Luke 11:14-26
14And He was casting out a demon, and it was mute; when the demon had gone out, the mute man spoke; and the crowds were amazed. 15But some of them said, “He casts out demons by Beelzebul, the ruler of the demons.” 16Others, to test Him, were demanding of Him a sign from heaven. 17But He knew their thoughts and said to them, “Any kingdom divided against itself is laid waste; and a house divided against itself falls. 18“If Satan also is divided against himself, how will his kingdom stand? For you say that I cast out demons by Beelzebul. 19“And if I by Beelzebul cast out demons, by whom do your sons cast them out? So they will be your judges. 20“But if I cast out demons by the finger of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you. 21“When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. 22“But when someone stronger than he attacks him and overpowers him, he takes away from him all his armor on which he had relied and distributes his plunder. 23“He who is not with Me is against Me; and he who does not gather with Me, scatters.

24“When the unclean spirit goes out of a man, it passes through waterless places seeking rest, and not finding any, it says, ‘I will return to my house from which I came.’ 25“And when it comes, it finds it swept and put in order. 26“Then it goes and takes along seven other spirits more evil than itself, and they go in and live there; and the last state of that man becomes worse than the first.”

Luke 11:11-20
11God was performing extraordinary miracles by the hands of Paul, 12so that handkerchiefs or aprons were even carried from his body to the sick, and the diseases left them and the evil spirits went out. 13But also some of the Jewish exorcists, who went from place to place, attempted to name over those who had the evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, “I adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preaches.” 14Seven sons of one Sceva, a Jewish chief priest, were doing this. 15And the evil spirit answered and said to them, “I recognize Jesus, and I know about Paul, but who are you?” 16And the man, in whom was the evil spirit, leaped on them and subdued all of them and overpowered them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded. 17This became known to all, both Jews and Greeks, who lived in Ephesus; and fear fell upon them all and the name of the Lord Jesus was being magnified. 18Many also of those who had believed kept coming, confessing and disclosing their practices. 19And many of those who practiced magic brought their books together and began burning them in the sight of everyone; and they counted up the price of them and found it fifty thousand pieces of silver. 20So the word of the Lord was growing mightily and prevailing.

Luke 4:33-36
And in the synagogue there was a man who had the spirit of an unclean demon, and he cried out with a loud voice, “Ha! What have you to do with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are—the Holy One of God.” But Jesus rebuked him, saying, “Be silent and come out of him!” And when the demon had thrown him down in their midst, he came out of him, having done him no harm. And they were all amazed and said to one another, “What is this word? For with authority and power he commands the unclean spirits, and they come out!”

Mark 9:14-30
14When they came to the other disciples, they saw a large crowd around them and the teachers of the law arguing with them. 15As soon as all the people saw Jesus, they were overwhelmed with wonder and ran to greet him. 16“What are you arguing with them about?” he asked. 17A man in the crowd answered, “Teacher, I brought you my son, who is possessed by a spirit that has robbed him of speech. 18Whenever it seizes him, it throws him to the ground. He foams at the mouth, gnashes his teeth and becomes rigid. I asked your disciples to drive out the spirit, but they could not.” 19“O unbelieving generation,” Jesus replied, “how long shall I stay with you? How long shall I put up with you? Bring the boy to me.” 20So they brought him. When the spirit saw Jesus, it immediately threw the boy into a convulsion. He fell to the ground and rolled around, foaming at the mouth. 21Jesus asked the boy’s father, “How long has he been like this?” “From childhood,” he answered. 22“It has often thrown him into fire or water to kill him. But if you can do anything, take pity on us and help us.” 23“‘If you can’?” said Jesus. “Everything is possible for him who believes.” 24Immediately the boy’s father exclaimed, “I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!” 25When Jesus saw that a crowd was running to the scene, he rebuked the evil spirit. “You deaf and mute spirit,” he said, “I command you, come out of him and never enter him again.” 26The spirit shrieked, convulsed him violently and came out. The boy looked so much like a corpse that many said, “He’s dead.” 27But Jesus took him by the hand and lifted him to his feet, and he stood up. 28After Jesus had gone indoors, his disciples asked him privately, “Why couldn’t we drive it out?” 29He replied, “This kind can come out only by prayer.” 30They left that place and passed through Galilee. Jesus did not want anyone to know where they were, 31because he was teaching his disciples. He said to them, “The Son of Man is going to be betrayed into the hands of men. They will kill him, and after three days he will rise.” 32But they did not understand what he meant and were afraid to ask him about it.

Mark 5:1-20
5 They came to the other side of the sea, into the country of the Gerasenes. 2 When He got out of the boat, immediately a man from the tombs with an unclean spirit met Him, 3 and he had his dwelling among the tombs. And no one was able to bind him anymore, even with a chain; 4 because he had often been bound with shackles and chains, and the chains had been torn apart by him and the shackles broken in pieces, and no one was strong enough to subdue him. 5 Constantly, night and day, he was screaming among the tombs and in the mountains, and gashing himself with stones. 6 Seeing Jesus from a distance, he ran up and bowed down before Him; 7 and shouting with a loud voice, he *said, “What business do we have with each other, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I implore You by God, do not torment me!” 8 For He had been saying to him, “Come out of the man, you unclean spirit!” 9 And He was asking him, “What is your name?” And he *said to Him, “My name is Legion; for we are many.” 10 And he began to implore Him earnestly not to send them out of the country. 11 Now there was a large herd of swine feeding nearby on the mountain. 12 The demons implored Him, saying, “Send us into the swine so that we may enter them.” 13 Jesus gave them permission. And coming out, the unclean spirits entered the swine; and the herd rushed down the steep bank into the sea, about two thousand of them; and they were drowned in the sea.

14 Their herdsmen ran away and reported it in the city and in the country. And the people came to see what it was that had happened. 15 They came to Jesus and observed the man who had been demon-possessed sitting down, clothed and in his right mind, the very man who had had the “legion”; and they became frightened. 16 Those who had seen it described to them how it had happened to the demon-possessed man, and all about the swine. 17 And they began to implore Him to leave their region. 18 As He was getting into the boat, the man who had been demon-possessed was imploring Him that he might accompany Him. 19 And He did not let him, but He *said to him, “Go home to your people and report to them what great things the Lord has done for you, and how He had mercy on you.” 20 And he went away and began to proclaim in Decapolis what great things Jesus had done for him; and everyone was amazed.
Luke 10:25-27 Mark 12:28-34 Matthew 22 Deuteronomy 6:4-5 Deuteronomy 10:12
“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.”
No one is perfect, but by one prayer at a time, and one step at a time, God can make our paths straight.
Proverbs 3:6 "In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight."
Cc4FuzzyHuggles

Location: I live wherever the Lord leads me. (currently in an apartment with my sweet cat.)

Postby Animeniac » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:24 pm

I needed to read this
Phillippians 4:8 KJV

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

A lesson without pain is meaningless. For you cannot gain anything without sacrificing something else in return, but once you have overcome it and made it your own...you will gain an irreplaceable fullmetal heart -Hiromu Arakawa

I'm going to fight my hardest....I don't want anyone else to die! -Kirito

"Never break the circle....the circle is what binds us together as one as brothers and sisters...you are my bride...you are beautiful"-Elyon (God) on The Circle series By Ted Dekker

Animeniac

Postby K. Ayato » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:35 pm

This thread started 4 years ago. Maybe it should get locked.
K. Ayato

Postby Animeniac » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:38 pm

so....I looked up "Self Exorcism" and was shocked it was on here......
Phillippians 4:8 KJV

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

A lesson without pain is meaningless. For you cannot gain anything without sacrificing something else in return, but once you have overcome it and made it your own...you will gain an irreplaceable fullmetal heart -Hiromu Arakawa

I'm going to fight my hardest....I don't want anyone else to die! -Kirito

"Never break the circle....the circle is what binds us together as one as brothers and sisters...you are my bride...you are beautiful"-Elyon (God) on The Circle series By Ted Dekker

Animeniac

Postby shooraijin » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:33 am

Yes, I think this was a gravedig that didn't need to happen.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth