How do you make CAA more Mobile Friendly?

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

How do you make CAA more Mobile Friendly?

Postby acgifford » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:55 am

Hey guys! I was wondering if there was some setting or something that made CAA more mobile phone friendly. Especialy for CAA chat. I know...dumb question...just wondering. Cuz CAA chat on a cell phone the way it is for me now is not ideal at all.:shake:
[color="Lime"]"Do or do not, there is no try." Yoda[/color]
[color="DarkOrange"]Psalm32: 1 Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.[/color]
Proud member of MOES!! You better believe I have no scrolling.^_~
[color="Blue"]Doctor Who fan!! [/color]:jump:
[color="Yellow"]"Dare to read, think, speak and write." John Adams[/color]
[color="Pink"]Proud Member of the SisterHoos! ^^[/color]
[color="Red"]Vash the Stampede: I meditate diligently every morning. The subject is Life and Love. I quit after three seconds.[/color]
acgifford

Postby Xeno » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:16 am

I don't even much care to use the chat on my iPhone, seeing as it doesn't have a real keyboard it kinda makes it hard to follow what's going on.
Xeno

Postby Okami » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:40 am

On my old Blackberry I wasn't able to see any activity in chat or users in chat or anything. I haven't checked on my new Blackberry, so I'm not sure if there's any difference. Late this summer/before next semester I've been told I'll be given my upgrade of choice (I'm switching over to the Droid) so I'll then have to deal with those changes, too. All I know is that it would be AWESOME to be able to access chat correctly on mobile, because my phone has to be on-hand almost all the time. :)
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Postby Hitomi » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:45 am

I have thee Droid and everything works good for me. What kind of phone do you have acgifford?
Hitomi

Postby acgifford » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:07 pm

I have a Pantech Ease. I cant see live activity in the chat room unless i type something and enter it. Then it takes forever to connect.
[color="DarkOrange"]Psalm32: 1 Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.[/color]
[color="Red"]Vash the Stampede: I meditate diligently every morning. The subject is Life and Love. I quit after three seconds.[/color]
acgifford

Postby goldenspines » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:55 pm

If you can give enough money to Mith to convince him to give up his job and work on making CAA more mobile, then yes.

I'm not entirely sure, but I know converting at least the chat to be more mobile friendly would be quite the task, if at all possible. o_o
goldenspines

Postby TheMewster » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:14 pm

I use CAA on my iPhone more than I do on the computer, LOL. It's been even better since I switched from Opera Mini to Safari. :) God bless! Dunno how they could make it mobile friendly though. :( But it's nice to my phone enough for now!!! :) again.
So the poor has hope, and injustice shuts her mouth. ~Job 5:16 WEB~
For you are my hope, Lord Yahweh; my confidence from my youth. ~Psalm 71:5 WEB~
TheMewster

Postby shooraijin » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:24 pm

It would be Hard(tm). Possible, but it would need a lot of work, and Mith has too many Balrogs to kill at the office.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby acgifford » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:53 am

my phone uses java. thanks for the help guys. now i know.:)
acgifford

Postby raider~joseph » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:47 pm

My DSI has Opera and it works well but the LAG is murder a good 35% of the time.
The orbital friendship cannon is gone. But its LEGACY LIVES ON IN US!
FOR PONY, FOR STUFF, FOR LUNA!

"I can has roleplaying!"
raider~joseph

Postby Arya Raiin » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:39 pm

Well, at least it's possible to make the chat mobile friendly. For you mobile FB users there's a reason why Facebook made a mobile app just for chat. No one has been able to get mobile chats quite right yet. It wouldn't take too much work to make a really basic mobile version on the website, but it'd only be good for looking through the forums. Still, anything is possible if you have the time to do it. It probably won't be much longer before a good way to chat on the go is developed anyway.
Arya Raiin

Postby Xeno » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:12 pm

Well I don't think the issue so much is that there is a problem with mobile chatting, it's more that the chat is browser based. Most smartphones now have the ability to load chat apps on them, including IRC capable apps. I understand why the chat is done the way it is, but I don't personally think it's the most easily accessible way of doing it.
Xeno

Postby acgifford » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:45 am

i am getting the impression that phones with opera as their browser dont have as much a problem. i am thinking of downloading an opera mini app to my phone to see if chat works any better.
acgifford

Return to Tutorials