[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
InuYasha? - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

InuYasha?

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

InuYasha?

Postby JerRocks2day » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:39 pm

I've recently checked out the first two episodes of Inyuasha; imo, the dialogue was kinda choppy, but the story and characters were interesting enough for me to ask about the manga.

I know it was written/illustrated by Rumiko Takahashi, who previously created Urusei Yatsura, which is more comedy/adventure oriented than this series.

So, how is the manga in comparison to the tv anime itself?
JerRocks2day

Postby sailorsaturn » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:27 pm

I liked what I read of the manga pretty well, but when my library ran out of volumes I didn't hunt down the rest because I thought "Well, I'm 19 volumes and and Kagome and InuYasha are no closer to getting together and the main villain is no closer or further to being caught than when he was first introduced." I think that this manga is one where the fun is found in the details and my tastes simply ask for something more on the big picture side.
I say go ahead and try it out, it wasn't my favorite but who knows you might love it.
sailorsaturn

Postby rocklobster » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:31 am

I'm probably one of the few fans of the anime left. It was struck by the filler disease that they couldn't even finish the original adaptation. Instead, they had to do a sequel called Inuyasha: the Final Act. Both the original and the sequel are both on Hulu btw.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby aliveinHim » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:50 am

My library doesn't carry InuYasha but I watched a few episodes of the anime. I think InuYasha is sooo cute. I want to pet him.
"And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus." Ephesians 2:1-7

http://oribichan94.deviantart.com/
aliveinHim

Postby sailorsaturn » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:19 pm

aliveinHim (post: 1464375) wrote:My library doesn't carry InuYasha but I watched a few episodes of the anime. I think InuYasha is sooo cute. I want to pet him.

He'd probably bite your head off if you tried that. :P
sailorsaturn

Postby Lynna » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:28 pm

Ahhh, Inuyasha ^_^ This was my very first real anime/manga.
The manga tends to be a lot less filler-ish...the anime even adds some characters...some good, some not.
Even though I didn't finish it, I really did enjoy this manga. It was my favorite for a long time, and still holds a special place in my heart XD Go ahead! try it! The characters are very interesting specimins...
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:36 pm

I've been watching the anime on Adult Swim, but they suddenly skipped forward a million episodes recently, and if I understand the TV listings right, it looks like they'll leap several episodes back again... @_@

I'm kinda indifferent to it, actually... ^^;; I'm curious how it ends, but I don't want to spoil it on Wikipedia, and I don't want to hunt for it online so it'll probably be a mystery to me forever. XD; It is good in places, but I find it kinda slow... ^^;
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby Atria35 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:00 pm

I admit it- I got really bored with the anime. Not only was there an incredible amount of filler, not all of it good, but then they really rush through the Final Act season. I wanted to see things wrapped up properly. I wasn't entirely satisfied with the anime.

I did enjoy it when I saw it- enough to rate it a 7/10- but I wish I had spent the time I had watching it reading the manga instead.
Atria35

Postby AnimeMother » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:30 am

[quote="JerRocks2day (post: 1464022)"]I've recently checked out the first two episodes of Inyuasha]

Well for starters, the anime is a bit cleaner then the book. The book has some scenes with undressed characters. The Anime doesn't show anything bad, least from the episodes I've seen, I've seen about... 90 episodes of InuYasha. The characters and book are always a bit different in story line as well, but not by much.
~Trees don't grow in a day
~God created them to grow
~To grow in their own time

^.^ I love god with all my heart. :3 :angel:
:dance:
AnimeMother

Re: InuYasha?

Postby SierraLea » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:50 am

I liked all the funny filler nonsense everyone else doesn't seem to like, but maybe that's because I accidentally skipped ahead and saw the ending. The manga is way more gory than the Anime, but I liked both.
SierraLea

Postby rocklobster » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:56 pm

I have a love/hate relationship with it. I liked it more than I hated it, but geez, the anime went way longer than it should've. Especially since they had to do another series of normal length just to tie up the loose ends. That's over 200 episodes.
rocklobster

Postby SierraLea » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:49 pm

I have a habit of rewarding my sisters by introducing them to anime/manga characters via pictures and occasional music videos. They now love Inuyasha, I think mainly because of the ears.
SierraLea

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews