My anime and manga reviews

The geek forum. PHP, Perl, HTML, hardware questions etc.. it's all in here. Got a techie question? We'll sort you out. Ask your questions or post a link to your own site here!

Postby AnimeGirl » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:38 am

rocklobster (post: 1444473) wrote:Hey, Animegirl. You should review Peach Fuzz and Bone. I've read both and I think they're great.

Sure, I'll go check 'em out! *is looking for more manga anyway*
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

Let's make an AMV together!

Kokoro no Uta The thoughts of an aspiring mangaka (yeah...this is my blog >.>)

Ooh look! I have fanfiction! YAY!!!!!!!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sevencandlesticks
If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds - Pslam 147:3
AnimeGirl

Postby AnimeGirl » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:25 pm

Just posted a review for "Moonlit Dead Love" by Marshmellow Muffin, a bonus one-shot story that was included with "The World Stops!"
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

AnimeGirl

Postby AnimeGirl » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:04 pm

Posted a review for "Heroic Age".

AnimeGirl

Postby Atria35 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:27 pm

Hey! I saw a review up for Rozen Maiden and the first volume of Shelter of Wings, but when I clicked on them, it said they didn't exist. Is there something wrong with your blog or the links?
Atria35

Postby AnimeGirl » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:26 pm

Atria35 (post: 1444634) wrote:Hey! I saw a review up for Rozen Maiden and the first volume of Shelter of Wings, but when I clicked on them, it said they didn't exist. Is there something wrong with your blog or the links?

No, I accidently published them when I meant to save them as drafts, those were just images, and had no text. The actual review wasn't written yet ^.^'

AnimeGirl

Postby Atria35 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:40 pm

^ Okay! Thats a bit of a relief- I thought there was something wrong with my browser!
Atria35

Postby AnimeGirl » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:51 pm

Atria35 (post: 1444643) wrote:^ Okay! Thats a bit of a relief- I thought there was something wrong with my browser!

Don't worry, nothing is wrong ^.^ I save alot of the reviews I plan to do as drafts and sometimes I do mistakes and publish them XD!! So I corrected it so they're drafts again. I won't be able to do Shelter Of Wings 'till all of it is up at her website or until I have the money to buy it, but I can't wait to review that one!!!

Also, I added a new page to my blog called "Library" where I have links to every single review I have done so far!! Everytime I have a new review, the list will be updated.

AnimeGirl

Postby AnimeGirl » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:47 pm

Now added a page list of items I have seen or own that I will be reviewing in the future!

AnimeGirl

Postby Atria35 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:58 pm

I LOVE the Library tab! It's a fantastic, easy way to sort through the different types of reviews you've done!
Atria35

Postby AnimeGirl » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:17 pm

Atria35 (post: 1444868) wrote:I LOVE the Library tab! It's a fantastic, easy way to sort through the different types of reviews you've done!

Glad you like it ^.^ I wanted to make an easier way for people to find stuff, and I thought I better do it now before I get too many reviews on the site where it'd take forever to make that list XD!!!

AnimeGirl

Postby AnimeGirl » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:38 pm

Added a review for "The Silver Kiss" a fan-made manga adaption of Anette Curtis Klause's novel of the same title.

I think I'll move this under "doujinshi" in the Library tab, since even though it's just an adaption of the novel, it's still a fancomic none-the-less.

AnimeGirl

Postby AnimeGirl » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:32 am

Posted a review for "Angelic Layer: Complete Series"

AnimeGirl

Postby AnimeGirl » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:18 pm

Posted a review of "Avatar The Last Airbender: Book 1: Water" volume 1. Yes, anime puriests, I am aware it's not a Japanese anime, but if there was such thing as American anime this would be it. :P

AnimeGirl

Postby Atria35 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:42 pm

WOW! You're a reviewing fiend today!
Atria35

Postby rocklobster » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:34 am

besides, animegirl, we've had American Animation that was pretty close to anime before: Thundercats, Silverhawks, even Transformers!
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby AnimeGirl » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:41 am

I LOVE Thundercats! My dad introduced me to that show! Hmmm...never thought of it as anime looking. Than again, it was an 80s show and 80s anime probably looked more like that. XD!!!

AnimeGirl

Postby AnimeGirl » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:29 pm

Just posted a review for "Rozen Maiden: Overture" OVA.

AnimeGirl

Postby AnimeGirl » Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:25 pm

Just posted a "Merry Christmas" post, with some reviews to come, and stating it's been a full year of reviewing! Sooo...Happy Birthday "Breaking Metal Windows" XD!!!

AnimeGirl

Postby AnimeGirl » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:13 pm

My first review of the year! A 7-page doujinshi (9 if you count the beginning and end repeated cover) of Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles entitled "Fai and Mokona: Partners In Crime" PLUS! All reviews for read-online-only comics now have links above the comments (except The Anti-Squee which has the links at the end of the comments). Enjoy!

AnimeGirl

Postby AnimeGirl » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:50 pm

I just had this random idea when I was listening to "Fiction" by Kids In The Way. I was thinking, since I am such a music freak and loves song lyrics (I even put them at the end of my personal journal), how would you all feel if I put song lyric snippets above the comments of a review? Like, it wouldn't be alot, maybe at most 6 lines. Just an idea, and I sort of plan to experiment with it on the Tsubasa OVA reviews, since I need to bump them up with all the additional information since I watched the dub, and if I like, I'll add lyrics to some of my previous. If you feel this is too much and would ruin my review entries, feel free to say so and I won't go through with it. ^.^

AnimeGirl

Postby Atria35 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:58 pm

^ I think that would be a great idea! Finding song lyrics that fit the anime or the review? I think that sounds pretty cool!
Atria35

Postby AnimeGirl » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:11 pm

Updated the review for Tsubasa Tokyo Revelations and bumped it up as most recent. This now includes the synopsis, dub analysis, and DVD extra listing. I will update Spring Thunder later XD!!!

AnimeGirl

Postby rocklobster » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:15 am

You should review Rahxephon. It has one of the best soundtracks ever! Oh and Azumanga Daioh. Chiyo was so adorable!
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby AnimeGirl » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:37 pm

(Sorry for late reply....)
What's Rahxephone about? And also, I've been wanting to see/read Azumanga Daioh.

Blog updates!
Just posted a review for Sarah Ellerton's "Inverloch, Vol.1" and updated my review for Tsubasa Spring Thunder to include dub analysis, so it's been bumped up as a more recent review.

AnimeGirl

Postby Atria35 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:55 pm

RaphXephon: In the year 2012 Japan was invaded by the Mu. Human-like beings from another dimension with blue blood.

In the year 2015 Tokyo is attacked by invaders, who are repelled by a humanoid weapon called a Dolem. During the chaos, Ayato Kamina meets Reika Mishima, a girl whom he had never met but had done a painting of the morning before.

During that same day, he is attacked by government officials but a woman named Haruka comes to his rescue, informing him that she was sent to get him by the Organization TERRA, and that Tokyo had been sealed in a time rift where time flows one third as fast as the outside world.

He flees from Haruka onto a train where he sees Reika once more. Arriving at the Room of Rah, he follows her to a tremendous egg where the Dolem RahXephon is hatched from, and upon her singing his mother appears atop the Dolem that had stopped the TERRA Invasion. In the battle Ayato's mother is injured, and Ayato flees Tokyo Jupiter with Haruka upon seeing his mother's blue blood.(MAL.net)

The Mu thing reminds me of To Terra (a manga that came out in the 70's- which, by the way, I happen to be highly recommending!). I haven't seen it myself, but it gets some decent praise.
Atria35

Postby rocklobster » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:50 pm

It's got one of the best soundtracks I ever listened to. The voices on both the dub and the original are excellent, particularly the voices used for Quon.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby AnimeGirl » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:21 am

^ Thanks you two! I'll go check it out when I have the time! *is looking for more anime to add to her collection*

New review just posted:
Studio Gibli's "Whisper Of The Heart"

AnimeGirl

Postby sonicfan » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:07 am

Heh heh, I am just getting Whisper of the heart through Netflix today so thank you for posting the review.
sonicfan

Postby AnimeGirl » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:26 pm

^ How cool! I hope you enjoy the movie ^.^

Just added manga review:
Black Cat, Vol.18

AnimeGirl

Postby AnimeGirl » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:37 pm

Added manga review:
Kimi Ni Todoke, Vol.1

AnimeGirl

Previous Next

Return to Computing and Links