mechanical modeling and rigging help needed

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

mechanical modeling and rigging help needed

Postby RefractedAhav » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:47 pm

I have been working on this robot model off and on for a school project for while now. The thing I am requesting help with is not essencial, however I really want to know how to do it.

The item I would like help with is a mechanical iris like those found in still cameras. I would like the iris to be concave in shape, at least when constricted. I am not asking for someone to do this for me, only to show me how. However I would welcome help on set construction, texturing, particles and some help with animation when I get to it.
Adopted by: 1BalloonPopper

(\_/) [color=royalblue]"We are the Bunnie [/color]

(O.o) Resistance Is Futile.

(> <) You Will Be Assimilated"-Elowen

Copy The Bunny Into Your Sig Help Him Achieve World Domination...

AKA: Jowan, John, Iwan, any male form of "John" exept Johny or any spelling of Johny (Jonathan is actualy an entirly diferrnt name, so no that does not work)

FKA: Elowen

http://users.ev1.net/%7Ebretm/ashley/tairis%20sig%203.gif
RefractedAhav

Location: Some where in Oz or is it in the woods between worlds, I'm not so shure any more. Any one have an in

Postby Mr. Rogers » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:42 am

Just construct it like a regular camera iris, only bigger. It's just folds of metal with a ring to connect them all together.
Mr. Rogers

Postby RefractedAhav » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:53 pm

That's precisely what I have been having trouble with. I can figure out how to make a basic iris, but I have no idea how to rig it.

AKA: Jowan, John, Iwan, any male form of "John" exept Johny or any spelling of Johny (Jonathan is actualy an entirly diferrnt name, so no that does not work)

RefractedAhav

Location: Some where in Oz or is it in the woods between worlds, I'm not so shure any more. Any one have an in

Postby RefractedAhav » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:12 pm

I have a new issue. Rotation and scale is no longer working on file. I don't know what caused it. looks like I have to export everything piece by piece to a new file.

Any one have any ideas of what may have caused the issue?

RefractedAhav

Postby RefractedAhav » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:53 am

I'd like to get some advice on a blender model that I am working on if anyone is interested I could post the file via PM or email. which ever works better for you. If we could chat via facebook, google, skpe or texting I would greatly appreciate it. I just need some advice on where to go with a few things as well as help making goggles.

This model is intended for use in my final project. Any one who helps will be given credit in the finished piece and, depending on how the animation turns out I may be submitting it to animation festivals as well.

RefractedAhav

Return to Tutorials