Computer programs to "practice" networking on

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

Computer programs to "practice" networking on

Postby Kunoichi » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:37 pm

I'm going for a MTA certification for networking. I want to be able to practice what they diagnostically, troubleshooting etc but I don't want to practice on my computer. Are there any programs out there that provide a practice computer so to speak? Sounds odd and I"m not sure if I'm making myself clear.

Thanks!
I am on the forefront of battle against the demons of earth. All Praise and Glory be given to God Forever and Ever!

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
Kunoichi

Postby Mithrandir » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:49 pm

You may want to consider something like a virtual computer. Something like virtual box ( http://www.virtualbox.org/ ) could be useful to you.
Mithrandir

Postby Warrior4Christ » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:49 am

Wireshark (http://www.wireshark.org/) is a good packet sniffing program for troubleshooting and analysing protocol layers.
Everywhere like such as, and MOES.

"Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God." - William Carey
Warrior4Christ

Location: Carefully place an additional prawn on the barbecue

Postby Kunoichi » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:35 am

Thank you so much Mith and Warrior :)

I'm so nervous about this exam. I want to make sure I have the practical applications so I believe both of those resources will work nicely. :)
I am on the forefront of battle against the demons of earth. All Praise and Glory be given to God Forever and Ever!

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
Kunoichi

Return to Tutorials