Bible Study Sites!

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

Bible Study Sites!

Postby Vega » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:30 pm

Hi everyone!
I just want to know if anyone knows of any good Bible study Sites that give you lessons at least on a weekly basis. The reason for this is that I havent been able to go to Bible School very much so I need a substitute!
Thanks! ^^
The mind is so complex when your based. 32 levels. Welcome to my world. --Lil B
I'm not guna let anything take the love from my heart, the love of life and spreading peace and positive, thank you earth I'm alive. --Lil B
Swag like I'm marrow, in my bones. Swag in my bones. Bone Marrow Swag. -- Lil B
Shouts out to Lil B "The Based God".
Vega

Postby Vega » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:32 pm

Oops I mistakenly submitted this thread twice.
Mods, can you please close the other ^^;; Sorry!
I'm not guna let anything take the love from my heart, the love of life and spreading peace and positive, thank you earth I'm alive. --Lil B
Vega

Postby shooraijin » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:37 pm

Sure thing.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Kaori » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:45 am

Can you describe more specifically what you mean by lessons? What kind of lessons are you looking for? (Straight Bible study? Apologetics? Theology?) Do you have a specific goal in mind? Are you looking for a class to take for credit, or just some things to read or listen to? I’m sure there are plenty of sites with daily or weekly devotionals, but I don’t really know of any site that has weekly lessons per se. However, I can suggest some helpful sites for self-study, if that interests you at all.

Bible History Online is a great reference; I have only used its encyclopedia and haven’t looked around the entire site, but there is a wealth of information available there. I will let it describe itself:
The International Standard Bible Encyclopedia, also known as the ISBE, is an exhaustive Biblical encyclopedia that explains in detail every significant word in the Bible, and also includes historical information from the Apocrypha. It provides detailed information on the language and literature of the Bible world, their cultures and the historical and religious environments of the people of the Bible in articles by nearly 200 scholars.

There are also tons of other resources linked from that site under “study tools.”

The Christian Classics Ethereal Library has a wealth of Christian classics and writings by the Church fathers; there is also an online study Bible and all sorts of commentaries. Lots of great stuff here.

Early Christian Writings is exactly what its name implies.

There’s also reformed.org, which I like for its selection of historic church documents, but there are also some other things there, like numerous articles on apologetics. Of course, it’s a Reformed site, so many of the resources there will be written from a Calvinist perspective.

Last but certainly not least is Theology Web, a top-notch site which you can also get to from CAA by clicking on "Theology Discussions." They always have an article posted on their front page, and more can be found by going to the Editorial Dept. board on their forum. Then there’s, you know, the forum itself.

Like I said, none of those is really a lesson-a-week sort of place, but nevertheless, I hope they are helpful to you.
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Postby Vega » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:36 pm

Thanks for all the help!
Im really looking for in depth analysis of the bible to pretty much increase my knowlege on the Bible. Also im intrested in some Theology too!
I'll be sure to check out those links! Thanks!
Vega

Postby Kunoichi » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:34 am

If okay Vega, I'm going to ask a question off here.

Does anyone know a good site that has day to day bible study questions etc? I really need something that in a way helps me force discipline on myself.
I am on the forefront of battle against the demons of earth. All Praise and Glory be given to God Forever and Ever!

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
Kunoichi

Return to Tutorials