Magical Girl

Calling all self-proclaimed mangaka!

Magical Girl

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:28 pm

Well, uh, this is a comic I've been working on for a couple of months now(though I've had the story in my head for years). I decided to make a website for it since I only posted in on DA and I know some people don't like going there. So I though I'd share it with you all, see what you guys think. ]:3

I would really love to hear feedback on this

http://www.magicalgirlcomic.piczo.com

Ratings:

Gosh, I don't really know what to rate these things. What's really may be high to one person isn't to the other...I'll just give it a shot now, they might change later.

Violence: 3 - Mostly for the death of monsters. I want this comic to be more realistic then some flowery moon beam's bright light making the monster disappear. There will be punches and kicks. There is no gore, but there will be a little blood from cuts and human characters getting banged up.

Language: 0 - These girls were brought up proper, they don't need the use of language to look cool or tough. D:[< ...]XD;;

Sexual Content: 0 - There might be some girlfriends and boyfriends kisses later in the story, but nothing more.

Nudity: 1 - I only put that case their might be swimsuits later in the story. There is no nudity for the transformations(they have an instantaneous transformation).

Bad Religion: 0 - Their "magical powers" come from special stones they have, but the stones come from another world and that's how they naturally work there, so I don't know it that would be considered spell or magical like. (It's more like something from Star Trek where things from another world act differently)
SorasOathkeeper

Postby ~BlueRose~ » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:26 am

You all should really check this out! She worked really hard and it's awesome and really funny!! =)
Avoid truth decay,
read your Bible.

Let no one look down on your youthfulness, but rather in speech, conduct, love, faith and purity, show yourself an example of those who believe. [1Timothy 4:12]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://followingtheson.deviantart.com/
~BlueRose~

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:42 pm

Thank you very much Rose. ]:3

Big upload today. 11 pages posted, new character profile up, and a new picture added in Sam's art galley. ]:3
SorasOathkeeper

Postby steenajack » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:47 pm

I love this! When will you post more?
Please, feel free to check out my sites:

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
My tumblr[/color] Read...fave...reblog...repeat...
steenajack

Postby Tsukuyomi » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:39 pm

Nice ^^ I'll bookmark this for further reading :D
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Felix » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:59 pm

Yay! I didn't know that you made a website for this o.o The website looks so awesome! And of course I love the comic! You're so amazing Lor-lor :D
Felix

Postby BubblegumNinja » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:51 pm

Ooo *bookmarks* This looks really good :D
BubblegumNinja

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:38 am

Thank you very much! I'm glad you guys are liking it so far. ]X3

steenajack (post: 1336501) wrote:I love this! When will you post more?

I usually update it every Monday, but last Monday and this coming Monday I won't be. My dad just had knee surgery, so kinda hectic. ]XD;
SorasOathkeeper

Postby steenajack » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:17 pm

Hope your dad is recovering well.

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
steenajack

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:41 pm

Thank you very much. He is doing well so far. He went through a total knee replacement on his left knee seven years ago, and this time only had a partial on his right. So it isn't as bad. ]:3
SorasOathkeeper

Postby steenajack » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:50 pm

*whew!!* Glad your Dad is doing okay.

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
steenajack

Postby steenajack » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:01 pm

By the way, I've checked out your deviant art. YOU ARE AN AWSOME ARTIST!!!! I especially love the Joshua and Sable art. I really LOVE IT A-LOT! They are such a sweet couple.

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
steenajack

Postby Zyborg22 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:36 pm

This is actually pretty good. I like the way there's both a left-to-right and right-to-left version of all of the pages, even though I'm not sure how necessary that is. That said, you should really put some navigation buttons ("next", "previous", and the like) on the comic pages. Having to press the back button on the browser to get to the next page gets really old.
Zyborg22

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:55 pm

Sorry for this week's page still not being up. It's kind of hectic with my dad recovering still. I will try to get it done ASAP.

steenajack (post: 1337123) wrote:By the way, I've checked out your deviant art. YOU ARE AN AWSOME ARTIST!!!! I especially love the Joshua and Sable art. I really LOVE IT A-LOT! They are such a sweet couple.

Oh wow, thank you so very much! I'm really glad you like my art and characters. That makes me really happy. ]X333

Zyborg22 (post: 1339243) wrote:This is actually pretty good. I like the way there's both a left-to-right and right-to-left version of all of the pages, even though I'm not sure how necessary that is. That said, you should really put some navigation buttons ("next", "previous", and the like) on the comic pages. Having to press the back button on the browser to get to the next page gets really old.

Aw, thank you! I'm glad you're liking it.
The reason for both the left-to-right and right-to-left is because when I first started I had a vote on my DA on which way people would like to read it more. The majority said left-to-right, so I tried that.
The problem was I only read right-to-left comics, so that's the way I saw it in my head, and the only way I could draw it. So I did it that way, and when I took in into PS, I just re arranged the panels to left-to-right. But being I already had it the other way, and some people did want to read it that way I post both versions. ]:3

And yeah, I'm new to making websites, and I'm managing this one on my own, so it's kind of hard to figure everything out. I will try to get "Next" and "Previous" buttons, but for now it's stuck like this, sorry. ]:/
SorasOathkeeper

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:29 am

Ok, finally posted page 30. As I explained in my journal entry there I will not be updating MG until my dad if fully recovered (two or three weeks). It's just kind of hard to get to it right now. When I do come back I will give a couple page update to make up for it. ]:3

Also I created a voting page on Top Web Comics for MG. If you enjoy the story please vote for it, it would mean a lot to me. You can vote here
SorasOathkeeper

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:56 am

Finally got the site updated. Six new pages.
Back to weekly Monday updates. ]:3
SorasOathkeeper

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:01 pm

New picture up at TopWebComics. Vote for Magical Girl to see it. ]:3
Vote~
SorasOathkeeper

Postby steenajack » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:07 pm

Cafcow, your manga and art are awesome! I am one of your BIGGEST FANS!!! You are very funny too.

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
steenajack

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:46 am

steenajack (post: 1348722) wrote:Cafcow, your manga and art are awesome! I am one of your BIGGEST FANS!!! You are very funny too.

Oh my goodness! Thank you so much. You don't know how happy it makes me to hear that you like this. ]X3 *hugs*

New page up.
Just noticed I made a big mistake on this page. I won't mention what it is. I want to see if people figure it out. (watch, no one gets it, but they find 10 other mistakes ]XD;; ) I will eventually fix it.
SorasOathkeeper

Postby steenajack » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:14 pm

I am still really loving your story. BTW, I can't seem to notice what the mistake is at all.
[spoiler]Does it have anything to do with the way the panels are arranged?[/spoiler]

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
steenajack

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:20 pm

steenajack (post: 1350067) wrote:I am still really loving your story. BTW, I can't seem to notice what the mistake is at all.
[spoiler]Does it have anything to do with the way the panels are arranged?[/spoiler]

Nope, that's not it. Good try. ];3

New page up. I'm changing the weekly Monday updates to just weekly updates being that most Mondays I have a lot to do, so I don't have the time to work on the pages and post them. So the updates will just be weekly.
SorasOathkeeper

Postby Kung_Fu_Master » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:18 pm

I must say, very well done. The only problem I see are the sound effects (but english has few good sound effects so it's me nit-picking more than anything. No problem at all)

An interesting story with a good arrangement of characters and a nice mixture of comedy and action. A pure 5/5 in my book. Would love to see more.
World Domination or Bust :thumb:
Kung_Fu_Master

Location: In the Animation department at school with hours of homework.

Postby steenajack » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:39 pm

I Really Love Your Manga!!!!! I'm Still Your #1 Fan!!!!! X)

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
steenajack

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:16 am

Sorry there haven't been any updates. I've gained a roommate for a couple weeks, so my schedule been off. Will get back to updating as soon as I can. ]:3

Kung_Fu_Master (post: 1351107) wrote:I must say, very well done. The only problem I see are the sound effects (but english has few good sound effects so it's me nit-picking more than anything. No problem at all)

An interesting story with a good arrangement of characters and a nice mixture of comedy and action. A pure 5/5 in my book. Would love to see more.

Thank you so much! Yeah, I forgot all about sound effects till I was finished with the chapter. I'm not too good at them. But I am going to try to get better and remember them in the second chapter. ]XD]I Really Love Your Manga!!!!! I'm Still Your #1 Fan!!!!! X)[/QUOTE]

Waaah~~ Thank you so much! I'm so happy you're enjoying it! ]X3
SorasOathkeeper

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:29 am

Finally, a new MG update. Plus a new picture up up at TWC voteto see it. ]:3
SorasOathkeeper

Postby steenajack » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:17 pm

I'm still loving your manga AND art. How can I send in some fan art?

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
steenajack

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:53 pm

steenajack (post: 1355401) wrote:I'm still loving your manga AND art. How can I send in some fan art?

Oh wow, fanart!? My goodness! Um, well I guess you can send it here: magicalgirlcomic@gmail.com
]:3
SorasOathkeeper

Postby steenajack » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:31 pm

Alright. I'll start drawing now.

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
steenajack

Postby steenajack » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:58 pm

Alright, the fan art has been sent via-email.

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
steenajack

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:46 pm

Ooh, I like it, I like it a lot. The only complaint I think I have is Ploog's design, which doesn't strike me the right way, but the rest more than makes up for it. I wish I could draw as well as you can.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Next

Return to Webmanga/comics