CAA Radio - Episode 35 – “Ghost don’t like the Machineâ€Â

The anime/manga/forums podcast

CAA Radio - Episode 35 – “Ghost don’t like the Machineâ€

Postby Link Antilles » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:39 am

Lots of technical problems for the show. Really sorry folks, but I had to cut almost an hour worth of content. Even after that, you’ll still hear a few audio problems. -Also, the begining of the show had to be cut, so the start of the show might be abrupt.

In what’s left of this Frankenstein of a show, Goldenspines joins us to fill in for Kitchan and we talk about Tigers, Bunnies, and Penguindrums.

You can download or stream the show from here. -Or search "CAA Radio" on iTunes!
Link Antilles

Postby Link Antilles » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:40 am

It is 4 am here. So I'll add in the list of shows we talked about and what was cut later. -_- zzz zzz
Link Antilles

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:58 am

Watching Kemonozume with Fish was super fun even if it has issues. [SIZE="1"]pssssst it's Yuasa not Yusa[/SIZE]

Let's Destiny!

I will return once I listen to the rest of the show.

Superflat Monogram, the advertisement mech was talking about, was actually directed by my favorite man Mamoru Hosoda (The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Summer Wars) before he did Summer Wars and can definitely be seen as an experimental OZ, so mech, go watch Summer Wars.

As far as Penguindrum is concerned, I had a hard time listening to this part because I wish I could have been talking about it with you guys, though I guess I did watch episode five(or was it six?) with 'ju guys.

Hiroyuki Asada, you trolllllllll :< :<

Ano Hana is a perfect example of the reason I watch anime, even if it is not perfect. The fact that it is an eleven episode anime that has a set plot but is longer than a movie is why I began to watch Japtoons instead of 'merican 'toons.

Interestingly enough, much of my distaste with Monster comes from having already read the much better Pluto and having read a sizable chunk of 20th Century Boys. It has other issues besides not being up to snuff with its successors, but it was pretty jarring to see Urasawa make a lot of mistakes on things handled much better in the other two.

I think I win for most references in the show.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby rocklobster » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:48 am

I was unable to find the show on iTunes. What gives?
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Fish and Chips » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:52 am

I pray for the day we have the technology to make me sound not terrible when recorded.
Fish and Chips

Postby Link Antilles » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:40 pm

rocklobster (post: 1502238) wrote:I was unable to find the show on iTunes. What gives?

The download for this episode works fine (for me and a friend who tested it) if you are subscribed to the show. However, I am not sure why the episode isn't up on the store page yet. Maybe there's a delay? If the show isn't up on the store page tomorrow night (since today is a holiday), I'll look into this.

If anyone subscribed to the iTunes feed doesn't get this episode yet, please let me know.
Link Antilles

Postby MomentOfInertia » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:51 pm

I can see the ep. I'm subscribed though, so this is just confirmation of Link's statement.

I'll actually download it on campus tomorrow. I'll post again the if nobody's beaten me to whatever comments I come up with.
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby Rusty Claymore » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:45 pm

Excellent! I like hwo you guys intro'd Tiger and Bunny. I think I'll cram T&B, Penguindrum, and the next eps of Nichijou into the remaining hours of the day. XD
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby blkmage » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:53 pm

Wait, so you guys cut an hour but still managed to release two hours? What could you guys have possibly been talking about?

edit: also ty for reminding me about the kaiba let's watch for today

edit 2: gonna come back later and fill this in unless someone posts so I don't have to edit (stuff about Penguindrum, Haruhi)

also I see someone has been having fun after finding comeonandslam

OKAY SO

On Penguindrum, the beautiful thing about it being directed by Ikuhara is that details matter and nothing that is shown on screen is there just because. In fact, people shouldn't be writing SURVIVAL STRATEGY off because of Ikuhara, but rather, they should be examining it even more carefully because of him.

On Haruhi, I'm pretty sure I said all of those things about Disappearance but Fish didn't believe [S]heroes[/S] me :< . That said, Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody is a pretty important episode for Disappearance. On the whole, the series later on becomes filled with these connections because of seemingly throwaway details from entire volumes before. And if you were wondering, Disappearance is sort of a start for that vein of the series. Yes, there are still more short stories interspersed throughout, but you can definitely expect the series to "do more" substantially in the way you were wishing (if more ever gets animated).

And yeah Fish pretty much nailed it on Kemonozume.
blkmage

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:57 pm

First thoughts upon finishing this episode:

OMG. SPACE JAM REMIX??? IS THIS REAL. XDD

Otherwise, I totally approve 110% of the music choices surrounding the interview. XD

Anyways, good show! It was fun being a guest! XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby rocklobster » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:07 am

Great show, guys. And great interview, RD. And to answer H and C's questions:
1. Series i lost interest in: DBZ, Bleach, Sailor Moon
2. Series I wondered why I didn't like at first: Big O
It's so cool to have this on the pod. Sure beats sitting at the compy for at least 2 hours.
Oh, and you folks convinced me. I will watch Tiger and Bunny...but I'm watching Ouran High School Host Club first.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby MomentOfInertia » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:48 pm

That's it, I need to catch up on Tiger & Bunny and pick Gurren Lagann again.

Was that someone playing spoons at 1:03:30ish?

What would the Let's watch have been?
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:27 pm

I am hugely surprised at the huge divide between people who say the Baccano! accents are excellent and people who say they sound really fake.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Return to CAA Radio and Gamecasts