CAA Radio – Episode 27 – “Conventions & Chaosâ€Â

The anime/manga/forums podcast

CAA Radio – Episode 27 – “Conventions & Chaosâ€

Postby Link Antilles » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:30 pm

In this show, we may or may not have a guest, talk about anime conventions, and gab about a ton of shows.

You can directly download the show from this link: Right Click and Save As. Or stream the show from here.
Link Antilles

Postby blkmage » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:14 pm

In this podcast, mech reveals that he did not read the summer season preview thread and the cast reveals that they don't celebrate Canada's birthday.
blkmage

Postby mechana2015 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:19 pm

I did, and I knew that Shiki was a horror anime. Horror can mean a lot of things though, and I'm pleased with the particular brand of horror that they are applying, if this is what you are insinuating.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby ChristianKitsune » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:19 am

IN America!
We don't celebrate Canada day...
but we really should appreciate you guys though!
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby bigsleepj » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:18 am

Excellent episode. I now wish I could go to those anime expos. And I really enjoyed the rant on Last Exile. I'm glad now that I did not finish that series, because it would have been a waste of time for me.
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby mechana2015 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:52 am

Before I forget, I present the NEW podcast logo

It is designed with the most up to date standards of church-based graphic design. :D

[SPOILER][SIZE="1"]I will present the real logo next podcast.[/SIZE][/SPOILER]

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby Kung_Fu_Master » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:27 pm

I finally got a mic (If it works or not is another thing) so I might be open for the next cast.

<_<

>_>

*Prepares tin foil hat*
World Domination or Bust :thumb:
Kung_Fu_Master

Location: In the Animation department at school with hours of homework.

Postby steenajack » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:12 pm

I must say that I really enjoy this podcast. You made me wanna try out Welcome to the Space Show, and maybe other works by the same guy. :3! Plus I loved hearing your con stories. (Cool censor sound on the Last Exile thing. lol XD!)

BTW: If you guys are interested in having a guest, I've got a skype account. (hint, hint! lol XD!)
Please, feel free to check out my sites:

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
My tumblr[/color] Read...fave...reblog...repeat...
steenajack

Postby blkmage » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:25 pm

Oh, it sounded like you had never heard about Shiki or Moyashimon at all.

Also, Kamichu is a show that is likely more stylistically similar to Welcome to the Space Show than ROD that the same staff also worked on. Kamichu is the reason I'm super-hyped for Welcome to the Space Show.
blkmage

Postby Fish and Chips » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:17 pm

Kung_Fu_Master (post: 1421390) wrote:I finally got a mic (If it works or not is another thing) so I might be open for the next cast.
steenajack (post: 1421469) wrote:BTW: If you guys are interested in having a guest, I've got a skype account. (hint, hint! lol XD!)
Not to in any way dampen your childhood dreams of becoming an overnight radio personality, but there is a method to our selection of guests, and I'm afraid to say it doesn't involve taking volunteers from the audience. Also, while there isn't a standing policy of barring people who put in a word for themselves, I'd appreciate it if you would refrain from doing so, in threads or PMs or what have you.

Don't call us, we'll call you.
Fish and Chips

Postby Nate » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:19 pm

How come nobody ever asked to be a guest when I was one of the hosts?

Oh, right. :l

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby steenajack » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:33 pm

Fish and Chips (post: 1421496) wrote:Not to in any way dampen your childhood dreams of becoming an overnight radio personality, but there is a method to our selection of guests, and I'm afraid to say it doesn't involve taking volunteers from the audience. Also, while there isn't a standing policy of barring people who put in a word for themselves, I'd appreciate it if you would refrain from doing so, in threads or PMs or what have you.

Don't call us, we'll call you.

Oh, well then I apologize if I came off as rude or anything. :red: But, I understand that you guys have your reasons and everything. :D

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
steenajack

Postby ChristianKitsune » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:31 pm

Well for example you guys, this particular time we were looking for people who had been to cons...and Htom was someone who was...kind of available XD.

It's hard to schedule guests, so that's why we are kind of selective. Nothing personal...you may be surprised one day we may just ask you all to come on! :)

I hope you guys enjoyed this episode, it was really fun recording it with the boys. ^_^

And Mech...WHUT?
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:43 pm

mechana2015 (post: 1421344) wrote:Before I forget, I present the NEW podcast logo

It is designed with the most up to date standards of church-based graphic design. :D

[SPOILER][SIZE="1"]I will present the real logo next podcast.[/SIZE][/SPOILER]

. . .

I don't know that I have words sufficient enough to express whatever it is that I am feeling right now. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby blkmage » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:10 am

That certainly is a thing.
blkmage

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:13 am

Fish wrote:Apparently I think 40-year old guys are moe

I need to go listen to the rest of this.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby GeneD » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:11 pm

Loved the show, as always.

Some bad news for Fish (although you might not care):
[spoiler]"Many viewers mistakenly assumed the child shown to be Mullin's son. Additional materials state the child is Dunya's younger brother."

Also, apparently (according to Wikipedia) Exile took everyone to a new world/planet but I did not get that from the show AT ALL.[/spoiler]
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby Fish and Chips » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:34 pm

GeneD (post: 1421688) wrote:Some bad news for Fish (although you might not care):
[spoiler]"Many viewers mistakenly assumed the child shown to be Mullin's son. Additional materials state the child is Dunya's younger brother."[/spoiler]
I'll have to alter my score accordingly.

Fish and Chips

Postby goldenspines » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:47 pm

Moyashimon! 8D
I support Mech going to anime cons because otherwise he would not have heard about Moyashimon: LA and he would not have told me about it.
Same with Shiki~

For some reason, Welcome to the Space Show sounds familiar...I don't know why though.

Interesting note, at the small anime cons where I live, there has been talk of plans for some of the con security to dress up in SWAT team uniforms and carry Febreze spray bottles. I would support this at all cons.

Fish watching Princess Tutu is wonderful. :D

Link had the best interview question. <3

Spoony/Htom was a fairly depressing guest at times, but since he is a Doctor Who fan, he gets many awesome points. o.o-d

There was actually an animated movie for Doctor Who. It was sadly the most terrible thing I have ever watched. The animation was cheap and painful to look at, the storyline was artificial and it didn't make much sense, and not ever David Tennant's glorious voice could save the poor thing.

Yay, I'm following Eden of the East as it's re-released on Funi's youtube site. I thought it was fairly slow and a bit weird, but something about it just interested me enough to watch more of it. I'm looking forward to seeing how it ends up. ^_^

Great show, guys~ I can't wait for the next episode. :3

And, dare I ask, what was the ending song for this episode? XD
goldenspines

Postby blkmage » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:51 pm

The ending is two things. The first is a remix of the K-ON! ED, Don't say "lazy", which I really like. The second thing is something someone mixed together of Yui going JAKKA JAKKA JAN JAKKA JAN sometime during the second season of K-ON!!.
blkmage

Postby ich1990 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:00 pm

After the first dozen episodes of Last Exile, I would have fought you, Fish. After watching the whole thing, though, I pretty much agree. The ending was totally incomprehensible, the random character deaths felt pointless, and I have no idea whatsoever what the world they inhabit even looks like.

......but Alex Rowe's death, though, I thought that was pretty good. That was more along the lines of "the tragedy of war" than "needless deaths". You have to keep in mind that no one actually knew that Alex Rowe had killed the main villain. Or that he had any chance of doing so. Therefore they did what they needed to do and shot up the ship.

That is about as far as I will go in defending the show.

"all they needed to do was wait for Alex to snap that b--WRYYYYY--s neck."
Totally appropriate censor. I laughed. It was awesome.

EDIT:
blkmage wrote:The first is a remix of the K-ON! ED, Don't say "lazy", which I really like.
If K-ON was like that song, I would be watching it.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby mechana2015 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:39 am

Blkmage, I actually did read the summer anime preview thread, but I missed the one link you posted about the novel somehow, so all I had was the name and really vague descriptions that were posted before that, hence that I learned most of the information at the Funi panel.

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:01 am

Hey everyone! I just finished re-listening to the podcast.
And on my end the Let's watch and Recommend are missing, is that the case for you all as well?

If so, this weeks' Let's watch was Eden of the East Episode 1. Which is currently being streamed on Funi's site.

And the Recommend is Time of Eve, which can be found on Crunchyroll.

Time of Eve takes place in the future, where Androids are a common occurrence, and they can be indentified with a digital halo over their heads. (Kinda like information). And it's pretty much about these two boys who enter this cafe' where it is forbidden to talk about the differences between humans and androids. It's really cool and interesting and a very short series. Five of the six episodes are 15 minutes long, and the last one is 30 minutes.

So if you like thought provoking anime that follows Asimov's Laws of Robotics, this show is for you! :3
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby GeneD » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:04 am

Both the Let's Watch and Recommend was intact for me.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby steenajack » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:44 pm

May I ask a question about Time of Eve since it interests me? What's the content on it? What exactly is it rated? :D

BTW, thank you for having a segment where you mention some interesting shows on the podcast. It helps me in finding anime/manga I wanna check out.

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
steenajack

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:05 pm

steenajack (post: 1422175) wrote:May I ask a question about Time of Eve since it interests me? What's the content on it? What exactly is it rated? :D

BTW, thank you for having a segment where you mention some interesting shows on the podcast. It helps me in finding anime/manga I wanna check out.

I believe there is some cussing in it...and a cleavage shot, but those were the only things I really found objectionable. (That I can remember)

I'd say it's probably 16 and up simply because it's kind of a philosophical type anime... very deep and a younger audience might (MIGHT) be bored/confused by it... I'm not saying that a younger audience wouldn't like it... but yeah.

Content wise-It's probably your standard 13 and up rating.

REally though, this was a fantastic anime, and GORGEOUS.
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby steenajack » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:11 pm

Thank you so much for the info on that. :3! Hmm, maybe if I get down with the other titles I wanna try out, maybe I should consider giving this one a shot. :D

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
steenajack

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:22 pm

Goldie wrote:Spoony/Htom was a fairly depressing guest at times, but since he is a Doctor Who fan, he gets many awesome points. o.o-d

Uh . . . thanks, I guess. XD
I'm afraid I'm not much of a conversationalist, plus the technical issues on my end gave me all sorts of frustration until I got everything rolling. But I'm happy and grateful to have been a part of this. Thanks for the opportunity, guys. I'll keep listening.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Return to CAA Radio and Gamecasts