God's Revelation - A Religious Webmanga that I Created

Calling all self-proclaimed mangaka!

God's Revelation - A Religious Webmanga that I Created

Postby kakatua » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:05 am

I admit I'm not exactly very religious when it comes to doing webcomics. This is an idea that had been stuck in my mind for a while and it's not something that everyone may accept. The concept I drew may challenge the fundamental ideas of some religious folks here. So, be warned.

If you are open to such concept, go ahead and click this link below. If you find the comic idea offensive or unacceptable, please close the browser immediately.

Click here to read the webmanga "God's Revelation"
kakatua

Postby ABlipinTime » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:12 am

... amusing to an extent
- God is always with us, especially when we feel most alone.
http://ablipintime.deviantart.com/
Htom Sirveaux (post: 1435089) - "We should all start speaking telepathically."
Midori (post: 1457302) "Sometimes, if I try hard, I can speak in English."
(post: 1481465) "Overthinking is an art."
Goldenspines - "Fighting the bad guys and rescuing princesses from trolls and all that. "
ABlipinTime

Postby goldenspines » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:14 am

This is quite an interesting concept and nicely drawn. I like your art style. Can't say I agree with all the theology in it, but I did find it quite fun to read regardless.
Best of luck as you continue to work on it.
goldenspines

Postby Hiryu » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:50 am

I like it, it seems most interesting to read.
Hiryu

Postby TopazRaven » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:47 pm

I like it! Your art style is so cute. :)
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NIV, Romans 8:38-39.
TopazRaven

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:40 pm

It is an interesting comic to be sure, I like your style, as Topaz said, it's very cute. I'm with Goldy though there are some aspects that I can't really agree with lol. But Good luck! :)
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Okami » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:48 pm

I'm of the same mindset as Spiney, Topaz, and Kit-chan. They summed up everything I wanted to say lol :)
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Postby kakatua » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:03 am

Thanks for the input guys. The comic itself are mostly symbolic, so I don't expect everyone to take it as what is acceptable since everyone has different views about theology.

Basically, the idea of this comic is to draw a middle ground where there is a level of acceptance between the theist and atheist readers. It's not a perfect comic for learning theology concepts but it sort of opens up a boundary or perspectives between two different extreme opposite opinions for those who are believers of God and those who aren't.

I have gotten some positive inputs from some atheists who actually enjoy reading and some commented that they find the story somewhat convincing. After reading all your comments here, I'm also glad to hear that there is also a certain level of acceptance from the theists' side as well.

Oh, thanks for the support, guys. I will continue to work hard on this comic. :D
kakatua

Postby steenajack » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:04 pm

:D I really like this comic. To be honest, there really isn't much I disagree with save for a couple of things.....but I can't help but really like the concept of it. :D.....It's very cute, and it actually made me tear up a bit in certain points I guess. I know you don't want people to take it seriously, but I guess I'm just easily touched. XD! I'm curious about where you take this though. :D
Please, feel free to check out my sites:

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
My tumblr[/color] Read...fave...reblog...repeat...
steenajack

Postby Sapphire225 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:42 am

I like this manga already. Especially the art style. There are some things I don't eactly agree with, but it is good nonetheless.
"Because the World isn't as cruel as you take it to be." ~ Celty, Durarara!!

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
~Deuteronomy 31:6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality. ~ Iris Murdoch
Sapphire225

Chapter 1 Completed

Postby kakatua » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:20 am

Yay, I made the complete chapter 1. I'm planning to get this published. I'm not sure if anyone is willing to buy it. But if any of you do, I'll be happy to get this printed. :jump:

Click on the same link above and you'll get to read it.

@steenajack: Aww, I didn't mean to get you teared up. It's just a little comic with crazy ideas I come up with. :D

@Sapphire: I did mentioned that it's not to be taken as actual truths. But I'm glad you like it. ^_^
kakatua

Postby Sapphire225 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:31 pm

I would totally by this if I had the money. It looks extremely promising.

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality. ~ Iris Murdoch
Sapphire225

Postby steenajack » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:01 am

What happened to the comic? I can't seem to access it anymore. :(
Please, feel free to check out my sites:

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
My tumblr[/color] Read...fave...reblog...repeat...
steenajack

Postby Sapphire225 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:35 pm

steenajack (post: 1524951) wrote:What happened to the comic? I can't seem to access it anymore. :(

go to drunkduck.com. You'll have to search it up. Its still there. Wish it were updated more, but such is life.

Sapphire225

Return to Webmanga/comics