Steelblood

Calling all self-proclaimed mangaka!

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Feb 13, 2004 5:53 am

About Cael... he wouldn't be a very good villain if he wasn't at least partially human, would he? Of course, the evil-flat psychology is interesting, but rarely done, and only in the presence of other varieties.

Mave wrote:Good griefy! Grammarian...I'm afraid I have to draw the line in your case. tsk tsk tsk...you *guys* :P

Sigh...
uc pseudonym

Postby Psycho Ann » Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:15 pm

O_O You know, I love it when the bad guy sudden goes "awww" on you--it makes things MUCH MUCH MUCH more interesting!! I don't like Lieslie for some reason though O_o Eventhough she's not loyal to Cael, Cale obviously feels something for her.... AWWWWWWW AAAAAA I can't hate him now!!!! *pulls out a 'Cael-Supporter' banner* I support Cael in getting a happy-ending (not with him triumphing over Rivalen though)!! Now I shall persue my one-fangirl-stand, "GIVE CAEL A CHANCE! GIVE CAEL A CHANCE!" *repeat as necessary*
-Psalm 27:1-
The Project - Online Christian manga, rambling FAQs, and Truly Random Scripture.
Cognatio- Online Christian Manga Exchange

"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
Psycho Ann

Postby Gypsy » Fri Feb 20, 2004 11:36 am

:evil: And the plot thickens. Hurry up, will ya, Ink? ;)
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby inkhana » Fri Feb 20, 2004 1:48 pm

Hurry? HURRY? What means this "hurry?"

Eh, sorry about that...^^;;; I've been doing some rewriting and planning the next issue. I can't keep my brain in one place for more than five minutes lately, not to mention I've got another project I'm working on which I'll finish up shortly...but hey! I have two pages done already for the next update! ;)

Oh Ann, that's too funny...XD I have a hard time feeling sorry for Cael myself, but that could be partially because I know some things about him that aren't public knowledge yet...:P

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby Da Rabid Duckie » Fri Feb 20, 2004 1:59 pm

You know what I say? Blow up Cael (with a big one too... I'm talking full panel, CG'ed explosion), and have Lis "turn to the light" and end up with Riv XD

And of course, more explosions. One can never have too many explosions. :p
Da Rabid Duckie -- Taking Over Your Country In Three Posts Or Less.

Join the Proud Nation of Temuoplis! Koei, Temuoplis!

Law of Japanese Animation #11 (Law of Inherent Combustibility)
Everything explodes. Everything.

In both real life and video games,
anything can be solved through the mass application of explosives. -- The Duck

Da Rabid Duckie, concerning Gypsy wrote:Gypsy doesn't realize this, but she's ditching whomever she's with and we're getting married. Uh huh. Yeah. Lil bro Zilch can be the best man, it'll be an explosive ceremony. Everyone is invited! We'll serve poutine at the reception, Straylight can DJ, and Shatterheart can start a mosh pit!
Gypsy, in acceptance wrote:Explosives and poutine? Alright!
Hey... she said it... :p
Da Rabid Duckie

Postby inkhana » Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:04 pm

WHHHAAAAAT? You're pro Rive x Lis, Duckie? O.o ROFL

SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.

- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby Saint Kevin » Fri Feb 20, 2004 3:03 pm

Maybe I'm the only one, but I like clear-cut villains. Evil-to-the-core villains. Characters you just love to hate. Then again, seeing a villain take a complete 180 (as opposed to simply having a soft side) is good too. Reminds me of my own redemption (I shudder to think what I would be without redemption). There should be more redemption. Ok I'll get off my soapbox now. :rant:
Our lives are but a vapor, let us not let waste our time and breath on vanities, but let us spend ourselves for the Kingdom, seeking a better resurrection.

Preaching the Bad News

My Live Journal
Saint Kevin

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Feb 20, 2004 5:18 pm

Redemption is a worthy theme, and so far villains who aren't entirely evil. But I love a completley, honestly evil villain myself. If that's all you have it doesn't mean very much. Just one, however, can be very effective.

Speaking of which: is there an end in sight for Steelblood? By "in sight" I mean that you have a single plot arc planned, and the manga will end when this arc is complete?
uc pseudonym

Postby RoyalWing » Fri Feb 20, 2004 6:53 pm

You are most like: Rivalen/Steelblood(<<for some reason i think that one's name cooler lol ! ^v^)
"You're very adventurous and don't care a whole lot about what other people think of you (particularly your sense of style), although personal feelings are important to and guide you. Very likely you have a bit of a goofy sense of humor and are striving hard to make a place for yourself in both the physical and spiritual worlds."

YAY!! i got Rivalen! i think he's my favourite... because i can relate to him best(kinda obvious since i got him in the test i suppose)! heh heh HE IS SO COOL~ he's kindof cute too! *squishes his cheeks* *^-^*

i just want to say that~ i absolutely love your comic, i think that no matter if people say you suck or anything like that YOU SHOULD KEEP DRAWING!! because the story is amazing and the art is so good. it is such better than my drawings... and you put such effort into your comic too. very inspiring!~ keep going!!~ GO GO GO!! *cheers with puffs*
RoyalWing

Postby inkhana » Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:27 pm

Speaking of which: is there an end in sight for Steelblood? By "in sight" I mean that you have a single plot arc planned, and the manga will end when this arc is complete?

Oddly enough, I do know EXACTLY how SB will end and I guess you could say it was a single arc. This is amazing considering how little else I know...^^;; There are a few details relating to the ending that still puzzle me a little (mostly technical "can-this-happen" kind of stuff) but yes, I do actually have a direction instead of my usual aimless wandering...hehe

Thanks so much for the compliments, Waddledee...it really helps to know people are enjoying my work...:)

I'm finding all this discussion of villains really interesting, actually...^^ Although I do know pretty much what will happen concerning Cael's character...(or at least I hope it stays that way...^^;;; ) it's kinda neat to see what people like in terms of villains, and also what they think is going to happen to the characters in my story. I doubt severely it will influence the plot if they tell me, though. I'm like, "yes, it's kinda like that", or "no, it's not like that at all...but maybe I'll tell you it is to trick you..." :evil: :lol:

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby skynes » Tue Mar 02, 2004 3:13 am

I think ur manga has a great story. 90% of the time I had fantasy based manga, I prefer more sci-fi big robots shooting stuff but I'm really liking this story. It's definitely something you MUST continue!

I love the artwork of SteelBlood himself. He really stands out especially when in colour.

What are the chances of everything else you do being in colour?
skynes

Postby JediSonic » Tue Mar 02, 2004 6:04 am

RoyalWing wrote:i absolutely love your comic, i think that no matter if people say you suck or anything like that YOU SHOULD KEEP DRAWING!!

What? Who said it sucks? Its the best webcomic I've ever seen! :dizzy:

thats not saying much, but still..
JediSonic

Postby inkhana » Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:08 pm

>What are the chances of everything else you do being in colour?

Ugh...nil, probably...^^;; To do everything in color (backgrounds notwithstanding) takes about three times longer than the screentone I've been using. I do however plan to use color A ) every time a new character is introduced and B ) when I can't make my point clear in screentone, for instance, the scene where Rivalen cuts his hand and his blood has changed, which wouldn't have made sense without him saying something like "oh gee, my blood is silver" and passing out...which would have sounded awkward at best...^^;;

>thats not saying much, but still..

Aww, that's ok...;) *hugs him despite his protests*

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby skynes » Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:01 am

When you get chapter 5 done will you tell me?
I am the Reaper of Souls... and it's harvest time.

skynes

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:32 am

What about chapter 17.5, huh? When will seventeen and a half be done? Huh? Huh?

...:shady:

Seriously. Let Inkhana work. I myself just look at her sig from time to time. The progress thing actually changes. Use it.
uc pseudonym

Postby skynes » Fri Mar 05, 2004 6:53 am

LOL! 17.5..... lol

skynes

Postby inkhana » Fri Mar 05, 2004 8:26 am

Eh...^^;; 99% of the time, you'd be right, UC. But lately I've been forgetting to update properly (well, I guess that doesn't really surprise anyone). Which means...

I'll be updating today! Yay!

I haven't yet uploaded anything, and I need to have a couple other people do continuity checks on this chapter (probably need to have my sister reread it and Mom too...she's been following the story also...and even still there may be problems...:lol: ). But then I'll upload it and let you guys know all the crazy details...:thumb:

17.5...bwahahahahahah....;) Good one, UC.

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby skynes » Fri Mar 05, 2004 8:28 am

YAY!! I get2 see more SteelBlood!

skynes

Postby Mithrandir » Fri Mar 05, 2004 8:37 am

inkhana wrote:I have a hard time feeling sorry for Cael myself, but that could be partially because I know some things about him that aren't public knowledge yet...:P

That is SOOOOO not funny. :D
Mithrandir

Postby inkhana » Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:18 am

>That is SOOOOO not funny. :D

Bwahahahahah...;)

OK, here we go! If I missed anything (in typical fashion), please let me know.

[quote="Inkhana's SB Newsletter"]
Hi everybody!

Sorry for the long wait for such a short update, but here it is:

http://steelblood.christianmanga.com/manga/manga.php

Chapter five is now up and going. It's substantially different than some of the other chapters (hey, Kyla is one of the focal characters, so there you have the reason...]

I can't vouch for the humor in this chapter. Mom laughed, anyway.

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby skynes » Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:26 am

That chapters cool! I can't wait to see Iriel meet up with her long lost supposedly dead brother!

skynes

Postby Gypsy » Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:50 am

:lol: Iriel is a boozer! :P
Gypsy

Postby Da Rabid Duckie » Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:50 am

You know... five years ago I'd have asked that Inky be tarred and feathered for [spoiler]what she did to Iriel's beautiful red hair[/spoiler]
But oh well... I'm forgiving. Good update!
Da Rabid Duckie -- Taking Over Your Country In Three Posts Or Less.

Join the Proud Nation of Temuoplis! Koei, Temuoplis!

Law of Japanese Animation #11 (Law of Inherent Combustibility)
Everything explodes. Everything.

In both real life and video games,
anything can be solved through the mass application of explosives. -- The Duck

Da Rabid Duckie, concerning Gypsy wrote:Gypsy doesn't realize this, but she's ditching whomever she's with and we're getting married. Uh huh. Yeah. Lil bro Zilch can be the best man, it'll be an explosive ceremony. Everyone is invited! We'll serve poutine at the reception, Straylight can DJ, and Shatterheart can start a mosh pit!
Gypsy, in acceptance wrote:Explosives and poutine? Alright!
Hey... she said it... :p
Da Rabid Duckie

Postby inkhana » Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:56 am

Gypsy wrote::lol: Iriel is a boozer! :P

You know... five years ago I'd have asked that Inky be tarred and feathered for...

:lol: Oh well...*shrugs*

[spoiler]Her hair will grow back, anyway...]

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:00 am

Hm. I more or less like chapter 5. Also, I had managed to miss the last several pages of chapter 4. I wonder how that happened. Ah well. All is well now.
uc pseudonym

Postby Gypsy » Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:00 am

Oh yeah, what I meant to say is awesome update, Ink. ;)
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby inkhana » Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:17 am

>Hm. I more or less like chapter 5

UC, if you have more to say, feel free to say it. Most of my initial sensitivity to critique is gone (I won't say ALL of it; that would be a lie, but I would hope I'm mature enough to take all criticism professionally), so seriously, if you think there may be something I can learn from, go ahead.

Yeah, Gypsy, suuuuuure you meant to say that...;)

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby Icarus » Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:40 am

I assume from your av that Iriel keeps her new hair color? Awesome chapter.
The Forsworn War of 34

††
Icarus

Postby wiggins » Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:25 pm

Wow! Nice chapter! ^^ I know you're probably sick and tired of hearing this, but I can't resist going: "More! More! More!" :sweat:
Being a Christian makes me a different otaku; Being an otaku doesn't make me a different Christian!
wiggins

Postby Saint Kevin » Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:54 pm

Funky looking pair of scissors on page 4 (and 5). Also, it's probably not your fault, but almost all of chapter 5 is way too dark. If I hadn't turned the gamma all the way up on my monitor, I wouldn't have been able to follow it all. My biggest advice (and what do I know about art anyway) is that there could have been more backgrounds. That's more like an icing on the cake kind of thing really - they don't really add much plotwise, and probably take a long time to do. Other than that, this is great stuff. That, and beggars can't be choosers :). Keep up the excellent manga Ink, can't wait to see what happens next.

EDIT: I couldn't get it right on the chapter 5 (not 4) thing either. *sigh*
Our lives are but a vapor, let us not let waste our time and breath on vanities, but let us spend ourselves for the Kingdom, seeking a better resurrection.

Preaching the Bad News

My Live Journal
Saint Kevin

Previous Next

Return to Webmanga/comics