Steelblood

Calling all self-proclaimed mangaka!

Postby inkhana » Tue Nov 25, 2003 11:16 pm

:thumb: Good job! Where are you getting all those screentones?

I get them from several different places on the internet. Most of them were from comictones.com, others from howtodrawmanga.com's store, and another place...*looks* http://www.omochabox.com/s/home?i=0,5,2.0,10. This place has tons of neat tones. I just dl them and make patterns for Photoshop 7. Then you can just paint on like any color, using the pattern stamp tool.

I might incorporate that in mine one day. I like your shadings and I see you improving more and more each time. Also, how do you create your conversation bubbles? They sure look very clean. ^^

Yeah, the conversation bubbles look pretty good...^^ I think I posted instructions for doing them earlier in the thread. If not...let me know and I'll explain.

Some comments (not to be taken personally, I'm learning how to be tactfully honest):
1) Erm..was the pond/lake scene necessary? If it was in order to see someone skid on the pond/lake's surface, OK then coz that was a funny scene!

That's pretty much the size of it...;) No offense taken, esp since there's always a better way to do something than the way I figure out....LOL

2) The cat person reminds me of Escaflowne's cat character. Sorry, but she's a bit annoying. :sweat: :sweat:

That's the grand idea! LOL No, I intended for her to be "pestersome." So no offense taken at that either...^^ Kyla is one of those characters you either love or hate and sometimes you're not sure which it is.

Oh! Just so you know, I screwed up loading some of the pages in the site, but I -think- the problem is fixed now...O.o. I am a dumbhead sometimes...:sweat:

Thanks for the comments everyone!

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby Mr. Rogers » Wed Nov 26, 2003 1:06 am

just got done reading it, it was pretty good. how long till the next chapter? :brow:
Mr. Rogers

Postby Straylight » Wed Nov 26, 2003 1:29 am

That was awesome. I'm really getting into the story now. Nice work :thumb:
[align=center]
Banner above created using my avatar generator tool.
You know you want try it.
Straylight

Postby Gypsy » Wed Nov 26, 2003 6:58 am

Nice work, Ink! I really like Kyla, but I think Sydonia is my favorite so far. *tries to think of some fan art*
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby JediSonic » Wed Nov 26, 2003 7:51 am

Hehe, I don't know if I love or hate kyla yet either!

Good chapter though ;) That lake-skipping panel was 1337!
JediSonic

Postby inkhana » Wed Nov 26, 2003 8:52 am

he he, I like Sydonia too. I was pleased with that SD business...I'm not very good at SD yet...:sweat:

SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.

- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby Lochaber Axe » Wed Nov 26, 2003 9:11 am

I just read Chapter 3, and I am glad I did. Very good and entertaining, but I would have liked to see what a salk looked like.

Can't wait for chapter 4. :thumb:
Lochaber Axe

Postby inkhana » Wed Nov 26, 2003 9:24 am

Lochaber: This is one of those problems I wish I could have addressed. However, I came up with the idea of adding the salk (I had already conceptualized the creature a long time ago for another project) much later. :bang::bang::bang::bang: I am NEVER going to do another story like this without letting it sit for about six months to develop the universe...oh well...

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby Locke » Wed Nov 26, 2003 9:25 am

whoa im still reading it and i am,,,, whoa the background is.... whoa all i can say is WHEN IS THE NEXT ONE COMING OUT?????
Secret Bumping Club Member #10 - geocities.com/arphage/sbc.html

When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered
Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon...
...you just have to outrun the halfling.
Locke

Awesome

Postby Will Smith, Jr » Wed Nov 26, 2003 9:54 am

What a great Thanksgiving surprise. I was so mad when I got to the end of chapter 3 because everything was so good. You are doing a great job, Inkhana. When is the next chapter coming out?

WillieDoc
Will Smith, Jr

Postby Mave » Wed Nov 26, 2003 9:56 am

inkhana wrote:he he, I like Sydonia too. I was pleased with that SD business...I'm not very good at SD yet...:sweat:

*raise hand* I disagree. I think your SDs are cute! Good enough for me. ;)
Mave

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Wed Nov 26, 2003 10:18 am

Looking good as always, Ink. ^_^ (I won't ask when the next one's coming out; you're probably tired of hearing that by now. ^_~ )
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Nov 26, 2003 10:47 am

That was good. I especially liked his change of hair color.

Pardon me for being a shonen junkie... but I'm waiting for him to use that blade/quarterstaff of his.
uc pseudonym

Postby inkhana » Wed Nov 26, 2003 10:53 am

Patience, UC...^^ I can't say very much cuz I'll blow the end, though...:sweat:

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Nov 26, 2003 10:57 am

Patients? Who are they?

No, in all seriousness, I have a question. It's been done before, too. If the story has such a Christian tone, what's the use of him carrying a weapon at all? Of course, if that has to do with the storyline too, don't bother telling me. I think I have a suspicion anyway.
uc pseudonym

Postby inkhana » Wed Nov 26, 2003 11:01 am

He can still defend himself. It's a question of whether or not he actually -kills- anyone. He just hasn't needed to yet. At this point, ninjas jumping out of the bushes would have been...awkward. Plus I'm used to longer story development that leads up to pivotal fights, not several smaller fights along the way (comes from writing novels). Although that may change...;)

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Nov 26, 2003 11:06 am

inkhana wrote:[color=darkgreen]Plus I'm used to longer story development that leads up to pivotal fights, not several smaller fights along the way (comes from writing novels). Although that may change...]

No, no, please don't change it too much. Though no fights except the climactic one would make it less than climactic.

Meanwhile: What? No ninjas?
uc pseudonym

Postby Will Smith, Jr » Wed Nov 26, 2003 11:10 am

Patients, UC? I see them all the time.

Ink, didn't mean to put added pressure on you for chapter 4. Take your time. I agree. I like for the groundwork and background to be set up nicely before the action comes in. Then, it makes a lot more sense.

Question though, with the Christ references in the story, what exactly is the Christian worldview in this realm that you created? Did Christ already come? What exactly are the symbiotes? (I thought of some medical parallels in real life but I want to see what you're thinking). If you answer these somewhere else, just let me know.

WillieDoc
Will Smith, Jr

Postby inkhana » Wed Nov 26, 2003 11:12 am

Awww, nope, no ninjas.

I have a question though: how do you figure that only one fight (the climactic one) makes it less climactic? Or did I misunderstand...O.o I would think that it would make it more so, instead of the lesser fights eating up inventive fight conclusions...does this make any sense at all...? LOL The reason I say this is, I wrote a fanfic recently with tons of fights, and it ended up in the end taking away from the final fight (you were tired of the fights by the time you got there).

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby JediSonic » Wed Nov 26, 2003 11:46 am

Well you only have to worry about running out of ideas if you don't have any. Or something like that.

Umm, yeah I was also wondering about the symbiotes. Are they like lil robots or what? :lol:
JediSonic

Postby inkhana » Wed Nov 26, 2003 12:24 pm

Symbiotes are organic, so no, they're not like nanoprobes (oh my gosh, Rivey is a BORG? LOL jk) I wrote a thing about it...I wonder if I can find it now...*looks* OK, so I don't have it on this drive, it must still be on my laptop...grah. Well, anyway, it's like this: the symbiote feeds off the host organism (it could be anything, but in this case, it's a human). In return, it spends its spare time repairing the host. Kailasa age much more slowly and heal more quickly than normal people as a result. Here, I thought of this; I have an entry in my glossary for it.

The symbiote is the factor that makes a Kailasa what he or she is. The symbiote benefits from the symbiotic relationship by drawing nutrients from the host, but in return, it constantly repairs the systems of the host, resulting in dramatically longer natural lifespans from the host. However, this enhanced ability has its price. Once the symbiote has been introduced into a system, the system becomes reliant on the symbiote for survival, and a smaller amount of bloodloss as compared to a normal human can be deadly (thus, internal injuries are more fairly easily healed because the symbiote aids in repair, but surface wounds can be deadlier to a Kailasa than a normal human as the symbiote is lost with the blood). Blood transfers are possible; however, the recipient of the blood, be they human or Kailasa, will become Kailasa and take on those attributes.

On a final note, the symbiote tints the blood silver, thus the reason some Kailasa are called "steelblooded."

Hope that helps...^^

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby Gypsy » Wed Nov 26, 2003 12:28 pm

Dizzy yet, Ink? :lol:
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Lochaber Axe » Wed Nov 26, 2003 12:32 pm

JediSonic wrote:Umm, yeah I was also wondering about the symbiotes. Are they like lil robots or what? :lol:

I believe that more than likely they are organic. More like in Spider-man the characters of Venom and Carnage, they are term Symbiotes and are organic alien cells that work together. Not like in that new show Jake 2.0 (don't say nothing about it; no need for debates) in which it uses nanotechnology to give him advanced abilities.

I have Prey by Micheal Crichton and if you know nothing about nanotechnology, you will after reading the book. Was way to technical in some parts.

Ink: you beat me to it...
Lochaber Axe

Postby inkhana » Wed Nov 26, 2003 12:32 pm

Gypsy, it makes me feel like Image something like that. LOL, jk...;) I just wanted to use that pic is all.

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby Lochaber Axe » Wed Nov 26, 2003 12:36 pm

Round... Round... Round... ugh...*werrrrh*...*gulp*... Aw man... *runs to bathroom* 0.0
Lochaber Axe

Postby inkhana » Wed Nov 26, 2003 12:41 pm

>I believe that more than likely they are organic. More like in Spider-man the characters of Venom and Carnage, they are term Symbiotes and are organic alien cells that work together.

You hit the nail on the head with this one, Lochaber. It's very similar to that, except the symbiotes don't try to mess with your head...;) At least...I don't think so...*wanders off*

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby Gypsy » Wed Nov 26, 2003 1:40 pm

Ink! Is that sprite wearing anything other than a swirl? *points and yells* Ink posted a nekked sprite!
Gypsy

Postby JediSonic » Wed Nov 26, 2003 2:16 pm

lol! I think it's a snake and she's yelling "getitoffgetitoff!!!" heh
JediSonic

Postby shooraijin » Wed Nov 26, 2003 2:38 pm

I agree with Gypsy! Naughty Inky! Nothing but a snake and a smile??! :banned: :grin:
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Gypsy » Wed Nov 26, 2003 2:43 pm

JediSonic wrote:lol! I think it's a snake and she's yelling "getitoffgetitoff!!!" heh

:lol:
She better keepitonkeepitonkeepiton!
Gypsy

Previous Next

Return to Webmanga/comics