Things Axis Powers: Hetalia has taught me

Devotional guides to help strengthen your walk in Christ

Things Axis Powers: Hetalia has taught me

Postby Jounichi » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:31 pm

For anyone that's known me longer than 10 minutes, it's no surprise that i like anime. One of my favorites is called Axis Powers Hetalia. For those taht don't know, let me explain: Hetalia is anime that teaches history. Each country of the world is represented by a single person and hold their county's stereotypes. For example, America is a blonde-haired, blued eyed, obnoxious man who loves hamburgers and soda. Watching Hetalia, I've learned about many things that shaped our world's history. These things include the Revolutionary War, Austro-Hungarian empire, World War I, World War II, the Italian Wars, the French Revolution, the fight for the Baltics, Russia's Bloody Sunday, and the Anglo Union between France and the United Kingdom.
But many lessons are taught in Hetalia, ones people don't actively look for. These lessons are found between the lines and each country taught me something different.
Japan-Sometimes silence is better.
Russia-Sometimes the most frightening people have dark skeletons in their closet. Sometimes those people just want a hug.
Liechtenstein-Your siblings can be your biggest heroes.
Switzerland-Do something for someone who can never repay you.
Austria-Having class and dignity are good things.
Sealand-You're only as small as you feel.
Holy Roman Empire-Never miss a chance to tell someone you love them. They could disappear sooner than you think.
Prussia-An over-inflated ego could kill you.
China-Sometimes it's up to you to teach your siblings what's right, even if it hurts.
Germany-Too much structure can be a bad thing.
Italy-It's okay to be afraid. Also, no one in Italy can drive.
Canada-Sometimes the quiet ones are that way because no one takes the time to notice them.
England-Just because someone wrongs you doesn't mean you can't still love them.
America-Take time to notice those around you; Listen to your elders, they usually know what they're talking about.
Ukraine-If you love someone, sometime you have to let them go.
Hungary-Women and frying pans don't always just belong in the kitchen.
++Everyone can get along if they try++

Some of these things Jesus tried to teach us. Do they sound familiar?
So when people say cartoons can't teach you anything, I break out a season of Hetalia, pop it into my DVD player, and show them the life-lessons I've learned from these dramatic people while showing them that the love of Jesus can be found anywhere if you look hard enough.
Jounichi

Re: Things Axis Powers: Hetalia has taught me

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:02 am

Aw, this is actually kind of uplifting ^.^ I think i relate to Canada lol

Oh, and welcome to CAA Here's a panda bear hug from me to you~
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby Jounichi » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:54 pm

Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it; I tried to make it as relate-able as possible. I have a Black Butler one in the works right now ^.^

Yay, I love panda hugs! *gives a cookie in return*
Jounichi

Postby Koneko-chan » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:33 am

I definitely agree with you, I've never seen Hetalia in that way before. But, now, that you explain it. I see Hetalia in a new light now, I also agree with Panda. thank you for posting this. This made this anime even better, knowing this. I hope to see you around! Welcome to CAA. (Hetalia is amazing)

I think I relate to China's and England's.
Last edited by Koneko-chan on Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I believe...I want to live my life, carrying my memories with me. Even if those memories are painful, even if those memories do nothing but hurt me...Even those memories I wish I could forget...As long as I keep carrying them with me and don't run away from them. Someday...Someday, I believe I will get to the point where I'm not oppressed by those memories. That's what I want to believe. I'd like to think that there's not a single memory that I have which would be okay to forget." -Momiji Sohma - Fruits Basket

You are forgiven. Always and completely forgiven. - The 11th Doctor
No matter how small the problem is, how small the thing is, it will always effect the people around you. - Yuko Ichihara - XXXHolic
Total Grell fangirl. :3 <3
Koneko-chan

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:20 am

I like Liechtenstein's. That's definitely how I feel.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby TopazRaven » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:17 pm

I was wondering what this was going to be about when I saw the title. :D Ended up being pretty sweet. That's a really nice way of putting it, never quite thought about it that way so it'll be something to think about as I watch the new episodes. Though I also think it's important to remember Hetalia isn't a history book and you should also look further into these events if you're interested in them to fully educate yourself.
TopazRaven

Return to Devotional Readings