Has anyone read this?

Devotional guides to help strengthen your walk in Christ

Has anyone read this?

Postby Wolfsong » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:58 pm

The End of the Present World and the Mysteries of the Future Life

I recently started reading this, and I have to say, its inspired me to be stronger in my faith. It was originally written by Father Charles Arminjon as a series of talks which he later published as a book. However, it became a rare thing and seemed to vanish from the face of the earth.
The man who translated this book to English succeeded in finding a French volume after years and years of searching. And now we are able to read Father Charles Arminjon's moving and inspiring words about the four last things: death, judgement, heaven and hell.
I suggest this to anyone. The way he explain passages from the bible and the words of various saints can be particularly scary, but it scares you back on the right path, if you know what I mean. Seriously, read this. I don't think you'll regret it.
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

"Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles." Psalm 25: 16-22

Thank you. Have a good day.
Wolfsong

Return to Devotional Readings