God's goodness even within pain itself.

Devotional guides to help strengthen your walk in Christ

God's goodness even within pain itself.

Postby firestorm » Fri May 07, 2010 6:55 pm

just wanted to post this, this was from a friend on facebook and I thought it was really beautiful and the message was powerful and wanted to share it with you guys.

"In Genesis 1 we learn that you and I were made in the image of God. And as a result of that amazing honor, we share many of His amazing qualities, among which are the abilities to love deeply, and grieve deeply. To some extent the two go hand in hand, for it is because we love that we experience such sorrow when faced with a loss. And yet most choose to love anyway because the beauty and joy of love far outweigh the potential pain of loss.

Within the past couple of weeks I have cried tears of joy as friends have brought forth new life into this world, and I’ve wept tears of sorrow as my great-grandmother exited this world. Although the latter experience has been painful and sad, my family and I have been reminded of a very important truth. Yes, there is much heartache in loss, but even that pain itself is a demonstration of God’s goodness and grace in our lives, for it is evidence that we were blessed with something good which we now miss, and that we had the gift of enjoying that treasure even if for just a season.

In this life, there will be many occasions for joy—blossoming relationships, the birth of children, salvation—and also many occasions for sorrow—the death of a loved one, the ending of a special relationship, the moving away of a best friend. Wherever you find yourself today, treasure each moment with the special people in your life and thank God for the sweet memories of those you miss. For every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above (James 1:17), whether for a season or a lifetime."
Come check my facebook fan page here If you want to see some great photography and art!

I am currently on my 4th draft of the script for Canvas! Canvas is a watercolor animated short about how everything declares of a Creator and how everything happens for a reason. If anyone would like to help by sending me resources on watercolor or animation it would be greatly appreciated!

I am also on my 1st draft of a short live-action Romcom called "Behind Every Good Man! Behind Every Good Man is about a Bride-to-be, Evelyn, who must stop her Mother-in-Law, Pamela, from living her dream wedding through Evelyn's. Along the way she learns what it means to be a Woman of Integrity today! If anyone wants to help let me know!

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Postby Chrysolite » Thu May 27, 2010 8:26 am

That's beautiful... T-T Thanks for sharing it with us! :)
[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="SeaGreen"]}~`,~[/color]

Do not be overrighteous, neither be overwise—
why destroy yourself?

Do not be overwicked, and do not be a fool—
why die before your time?

It is good to grasp the one and not let go of the other.
The man who fears God will avoid all extremes.

—Ecclesiastes 7:16-18
Chrysolite

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Thu May 27, 2010 6:15 pm

"Where there is ruin, there is hope for treasure."
-Rumi

"What makes the desert beautiful," says the little prince, "is that somewhere it hides a well."
-The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen."
~Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

There is beauty in suffering. Much beauty to be found and harnessed.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby MBlight » Thu May 27, 2010 11:44 pm

Wow, how true! Thanks for sharing!
I am a Rat Activist!

My Blog: http://mhitchens.wordpress.com

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Proud member of MOES!
MBlight

Postby UncleShal » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:02 am

I love this message it's so great & true. Who was your friend on facebook that posted that is really blessed, & I thank the LORD for that person. I'm still early in my walk & I'm need the LORD to give me some self-Control cause that is something I don't have really right now. I get anger easily & I wish I didn't. But little by little I'm getting there. GOD Bless & just to let you know you guy's are in my prayers.
My favorite Quote from the Bible
To be absent from the Body is to be in the present of the LORD. This verses I hold dear to my heart & it helps me get through the day at times & the fear of DEATH & other fears in the world as I feel we go more towards the end times.

My favorite book from the Old Testament: The Book of Psalms.

My Favorite Character from the Bible beside My LORD & SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST is the Apostle Paul.

Favorite Book from the New Testament is the Book of Revelation.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The RETURN, My friends animated Christian movie about the Return of JESUS CHRIST: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hbNZq7yurw

Really great Christian Music Video another one of my friends on youtube made with the movie Passion of the CHRIST. His name is TheComizmik truth here is a link to his music video he made: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVM9nb0Hfl0

A video about JFK, & Mr.Martin Luther King: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLls0QTZ3Mg

My favorite President of the USA is Mr.Abraham Lincoln, Second Favorite President is JFK.

Alright GOD/JESUS Bless you Everybody & keeping LOVING JESUS.
UncleShal

Return to Devotional Readings