Summer of 2015, What are you looking forward to?

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Summer of 2015, What are you looking forward to?

Postby Kraavdran » Fri May 01, 2015 5:47 am

So, I was just reviewing the "summer of 2015" anime list. I didn't recognize any of the titles, so I figured that I would post this thread to see what everyone else was looking forward to.
"Fiat justitia ruat caelum et pereat mundus"
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kraavdran
Kraavdran

Re: Summer of 2015, What are you looking forward to?

Postby skreyola » Fri May 01, 2015 7:22 pm

Nothing, yet. KazeShiki and/or blkmage haven't posted the summer seasonal thread, so I have no idea what's coming out. :)
"Click click click. Still defective."
MAL: Manga List
Anime List
skreyola

Postby Kraavdran » Fri May 01, 2015 7:47 pm

oh, I've been monitoring new anime just through a standard google search. http://anichart.net/summer was the first one on the list, so I have been looking at that. Sorry, I didn't know that someone else was in charge of posting the list.
Kraavdran

Postby skreyola » Fri May 01, 2015 8:05 pm

I don't think anyone's "in charge" of it, but that's usually the first I hear about the new season's lineup.
Anime List
skreyola

Postby Kraavdran » Fri May 01, 2015 8:18 pm

ah, gotcha.

I suppose that I did post a big too early... because some of the series lack a good descriptions because it will be a while before they are released. Regardless, if you are excited about any of them, I'd be interested to hear!
Kraavdran

Postby goldenspines » Sat May 02, 2015 9:40 am

Working!!! season 3.
WORKING!!! SEASON 3.

Thank you A-1. ;w;

It doesn't look like all the anime are announced for summer yet, though. So, we'll just have to enjoy the spring while it lasts and wait patiently. But yeah, once they get all the descriptions out, KazeShiki is a pretty awesome guy who makes a thread for each anime season so everything stays organized and he does the research for the rest of us (blkmage did make those threads previously, but he's been busy as of late).
But, it's not bad to make anticipation threads like these either. Summer is always exciting, whether it be for the anime, the lack of school, the appearance of sunshine after a long winter, or the all sorts of fun outdoor activities!

(if you are having trouble waiting for summer, might I suggest watching some Jojo: http://www.crunchyroll.com/jojos-bizarre-adventure The final battle of this arc that's airing this spring is known to be a good one.)
goldenspines

Postby Kraavdran » Sat May 02, 2015 10:55 am

ah, that's really nice of KazeShiki (and blkmage previously) to do that! I think that I've seen their previous posts. Very informative. I'll definitely leave that work to them.

I guess, really, I'm wondering if people have an anime they are particularly excited about (perhaps they have read the manga and are excited about an upcoming anime for it or something). Or a sequel to an anime you particularly enjoyed (kinda like what you, goldenspines, mentioned about Working!!! season 3). I like to hear what people are really excited about, especially in terms of anime.

With Fate/Stay Night, I think that I can manage to wait till summer, but thanks for the suggestion!

I'll say one thing I'm looking forward to: Angel Beats OVA: Hell's Kitchen. Angel Beats! is among one of my favorite anime, despite having to be rushed. I was really excited to hear that they are creating another OVA, many years after the series ended. After reading the light novel, I have been hoping that they will reboot Angel Beats! or, perhaps, make a sequel. I'm hoping that this OVA will kick it off.
Kraavdran

Postby GeneD » Sat May 02, 2015 2:33 pm

G-G-G-G-GATCHAMAN! Gatchaman Crowns s2, I'm on board for all the wonderful weirdness but may it actually have an ending that makes a shred of sense this time, without needing a extra "director's cut" episode. Also hopefully more Berg-Katze...

DRRR!! season 2 part 2: I'm again not gonna have time to re-watch season 1 before this part airs. It'll be interesting to see what Mikado thinks he's doing and hopefully more Kida. Internet cookies if you can spot the pattern in these comments.

Akagami no Shirayuki-hime: Haven't read the manga yet but I've heard great things about it from people who's opinions I value. I can't decide if I want to get into the manga before it airs though.

Nothing else really catches my eye (I still need to see Working 1 + 2), except the promo image for Ushio to Tora, but the plot sounds pretty generic shounen.

More than the usual amount of films I'm interested in, which is probably zero most seasons.

Bakemono no Ko aka The Boy and the Beast: Hosoda saves anime, again. I've seen the/a trailer and the story seems a little cliche, but man it's Hosoda, there's very little chance of it not being excellent.

Haikyuu!! movie (1 of 2): I'm not usually a fan of "series-summary" films, but I will watch it and I will love every minute of it.

Yowamushi Pedal movie: Not a "series-summary" but an original story by the mangaka, so as long as it's got some Hime-Hime I'll be happy.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby skreyola » Sat May 02, 2015 6:51 pm

I guess the main one I saw on there would be Aria. But I didn't look very closely.
Anime List
skreyola

Postby KazeShiki » Sat May 02, 2015 7:46 pm

Charlotte is this summer. aka Jun Maeda's newest work. aka from the guy who wrote Air, Kanon, Clannad, and Angel Beats. Prepare your tears.

Kraavdran wrote:I'll say one thing I'm looking forward to: Angel Beats OVA: Hell's Kitchen. Angel Beats! is among one of my favorite anime, despite having to be rushed. I was really excited to hear that they are creating another OVA, many years after the series ended. After reading the light novel, I have been hoping that they will reboot Angel Beats! or, perhaps, make a sequel. I'm hoping that this OVA will kick it off.

I guess you missed all the talk about how they are rebooting it into a visual novel? The demo was released yesterday and the first one (they are splitting it into several games) is set for release this June.
"It was then that I found the darkness in my heart, but I wanted to become a strong person who didn't yield to such weakness." - Nana Mizuki
KazeShiki

Postby Kraavdran » Sat May 02, 2015 8:13 pm

KazeShiki,

ah, Charlotte. I'll haven't heard too much about it, I hadn't realized it was from Jun Maeda. Although, I have to admit, I'm not generally a big fan of Jun Maeda's work. Angel Beats seems to be the exception. Granted, I admit they are typically of great quality, but they generally move a bit too slow for my taste.

Yes, I heard about the visual novel/games. But, unfortunately, I don't expect much from them. Based on the preorder content, it seems to appeal to the fanservice crowd. Granted, it would be great to read about each character's backstory (since they didn't get to all of them in the series or light novel). Thanks for letting me know, though!
Kraavdran

Postby KazeShiki » Sun May 03, 2015 12:19 am

Kraavdran wrote:unfortunately, I don't expect much from them. Based on the preorder content, it seems to appeal to the fanservice crowd.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. If you mean fan service in the lewd meaning, preorder content of visual novels is universally fan service and a terrible indicator of quality of the work (though there is a high correlation but that's more the fault of the vast majority being 3rd rate eroge). The AB VN is not a fandisk like Tomoyo After, EX, or Harvest Festa; it is much more in line with a standard Key main work like Clannad or Rewrite, so it is quite literally the VN version of the anime. It's one thing to say you didn't like the story, but it's very strange to say you don't expect much from it despite being such a fan, especially when the VN versions are universally hailed as better than their anime counterparts.

It would make sense if you just don't like reading VNs though, but then that has nothing to do with preorder content.
"It was then that I found the darkness in my heart, but I wanted to become a strong person who didn't yield to such weakness." - Nana Mizuki
KazeShiki

Postby Kraavdran » Sun May 03, 2015 7:58 am

oh, interesting. Thanks for that insight. I actually don't know much about typical preorder content. I've never really been interested in visual novels, so I have no experience with them. So you are saying that preorder content doesn't necessarily reflect the content of the visual novel? That's really good to know.

You also pointed out that, perhaps, I was too quick to dismiss the VN version of the anime. Perhaps you are correct... considering I have no experience with them and don't understand how they operate in terms of marketing. Thanks for the enlightening thoughts. I'll look into the VN. First, I should figure out if they will translate it to English at some point.
Kraavdran

Postby Mullet Death » Tue May 05, 2015 3:51 pm

goldenspines wrote:Working!!! season 3.
WORKING!!! SEASON 3.

Thank you A-1. ;w;

More Working!? Yeaaaaaaah!! Hyyyyyyype!

I'm looking forward to more Durarara to be sure. There's some projects slated for summer that I know very little or next to nothing about that look like they'll probably be great, including それが声優! (That's Voice Actors!); 実は私は (Actually, I Am...); 干物妹!うまるちゃん (Himouto! Umaru-chan); and Dragonball Super.

AND MORE NON NON BIYORI! THIS SUMMER'S GONNA BE GREAT

EDIT: Looking at the list of shows getting some OVAs released, including Shirobako, Seven Deadly Sins and Kamisama Kiss, I may have to start selling some organs for imports.

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews