Busou Renkin

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Busou Renkin

Postby Hopechick » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:45 pm

I'm trying to decide if I should check out this anime or not, but there are no reviews for it on this site. Has anyone seen it recently enough to give me an idea of how appropriate it is? I would really appreciate a Christian perspective! :-)
~Hopechick~
***Proud Sponsor of Raxicoricofallapatorius and Associates***

Find rest O my soul in God alone; my hope comes from Him.
Psalm 62:5

**Avatar credit to Hylia -Deviantart-**
Hopechick

Re: Busou Renkin

Postby mechana2015 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:58 pm

Please post anime questions in the Anime section.

Moved.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Hopechick » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:51 am

Sorry! This is the first forum I've ever used so I knew that I was bound to make a mistake...I was just hoping it wouldn't be so soon! ;-) Thank you for moving it for me. :-)
~Hopechick~

Hopechick

Postby skreyola » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:58 pm

I was trying to decide how to respond, in that there's some pretty weird stuff in it, but noting your sponsorship of Rax & Assoc., I don't recall seeing anything in the roughly half-dozen episodes of BR I've seen, that would be any more objectionable than what you'd see in the show to which that alludes.
"Click click click. Still defective."
MAL: Manga List
Anime List
skreyola

Postby Hopechick » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:27 pm

I think I see what you mean. ;-) Thanks a heap! In return I give you "air from my lungs".

Because there's nothing more fantastic than an Eccleston reference.
~Hopechick~

Hopechick

Postby skreyola » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:37 pm

My pleasure. I hope there are no unpleasant surprises for you in the show, especially the portion I have not seen.
Anime List
skreyola

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:58 am

It's been a few years since I saw Busou Renkin, so I don't know if my two cents are reliable enough for you, but I wouldn't recommend watching it - less because of content, more because it just isn't worth it. After a very interesting and promising beginning, I found that Busou Renkin devolved into annoying shounen tropes and just...utter ridiculousness. Sorry, no, I can't take an anime seriously if the villains are named things like Moonface (who has a waxing/waning moon for a face) and Dr. Butterfly (whose moustache is shaped like a butterfly) *facepalm* The ending is also one of the most boring, anticlimactic endings to any anime I've ever seen.

As for content, most of what I remember is pretty average for anime - maybe some crude jokes or a bit of innuendo. The two things that I really found objectionable were a brother-sister duo who have a really disturbing couple of episodes where they say the words to a traditional wedding vow to each other :/ That really creeped me out and almost made me stop watching. The other really disturbing thing is one of the main villains, Papillon. He wears a skintight leotard and/or a pink speedo...that he rummages around in, because apparently that's a great place to store his belongings?! :mutter:

I wouldn't bother with Busou Renkin if I were you. Don't waste your time - go find something more worthwhile.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby skreyola » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:48 pm

Well, in that case, I may drop it instead of continuing it.
As for something better, I'd recommend Xam'd, which also has pseudo-technical superpowers and is a pretty good show all around.
Anime List
skreyola

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews