Hi again! Missed you all, me and Nekocon

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Hi again! Missed you all, me and Nekocon

Postby Cianter » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:31 pm

Hello everyone! I wonder if any of you remember me, it's been quite some time since I've been on, but I have missed it! I kind of got away from anime when I got into kdramas/kpop/jdramas/tdramas....yea., pretty much Asian dramas :P But I'm kind of getting back into it a little, at least as much as I have time for with being in college and working and all that good shtuff. Anyways, I really wanted to do something for my birthday (Nov 3), so about three days ago I decided out of the blue to attend Nekocon. I didn't go last year due to money, but I'm all for it this year. I've been crazy trying to decide whether or not, and who, to cosplay. Since it's something I've always wanted to do, I decided to go for it. Unfortunately I didn't have anyone in mind, but a quick search through MAL helped me, and luckily I found an anime which I loved with a character whom I'm super excited to cosplay. I've never even really dressed up (We don't celebrate Halloween, so not much opportunity) so this is huge and insanely exciting for me! Hehe. Very expansive too, haha. Anyways, I'm going to be cosplaying Sono Chieri from AKB0048 (officially love that anime now, even though I just started watching it two days ago. Anyone know it?) and was just wondering if anyone else is going? Sadly I have a lack of anime loving friends, and the rapper coming to my college on the same weekend doesn't help matters with the whole convincing my friends thing, so alone it is. So scared because it's my first time and I'm so skittish as is, especially when I'm alone, but I'm super excited too :D So, any tips appreciated and if you've ever been I'd love to hear your stories! I also hope this post is in the right place, it really has been forever since I've been on ^^
Cianter

Re: Hi again! Missed you all, me and Nekocon

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:24 am

Cianter! Welcome back! Of course I remember you! It's good to have you back!
I actually attended my first con this year (AWA in September). I went with my brother who's an old pro, though. I can't imagine going by myself. You're way braver than me!
I don't really have any tips, cause I'm not an experienced con-goer. Except take a camera! I mean, it might be annoying to lug around, but there were so many times I saw cosplayers and was like "*gasp* I MUST TAKE A PICTURE OF THAT IT'S SO AWESOME".
Anyhoo, good to have you back, and I hope we see you around a ton!
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Nate » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:11 pm

In addition to that, even though 99% of them will say yes, always ask before taking a picture of someone. Also please do not take pictures in the middle of busy hallways where people are trying to walk somewhere, step off to the side or find a more open space.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:59 pm

This is true, Nate has wisdom.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews