[Fall 2014] Season of Hype

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Re: [Fall 2014] Season of Hype

Postby MomentOfInertia » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:25 pm

I'm watching it. It's real good so far. (ep3) Looking forward to see where it goes.

Ed: talking about Yona. Made much more sense before it got kicked to the next page :P
Last edited by MomentOfInertia on Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby skreyola » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:48 pm

I just had a thought about Shirobako 17: Was SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Pickled-plum-nose Pig a reference to either SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Ika Musume or Kuma from P4 or Toppy Topran?
"Click click click. Still defective."
MAL: Manga List
Anime List
skreyola

Postby ClosetOtaku » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:40 pm

I, for one, really enjoyed Shigatsu Wa Kimi No Uso, and in particular the final episode. Although I don't think it will be destined to be a classic -- probably a little too conventional and predictable for that -- it still was very well-done throughout. I need some time for the ending to sink in -- for example, I wonder SPOILER: Highlight text to read: if Kaori's desire to undergo surgery was a risky, all-or-nothing sort of gambit along the lines of her 'double-suicide' offer -- she knew her time was limited, so rather than suffering an extended decline, she bet on the long-shot, and lost (although in this case, losing was not nearly as bad as doing nothing at all). A series well-worth the 22-episode investment in time, and an interesting look inside the world of music competitions.
ClosetOtaku

Postby skreyola » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:21 pm

ClosetOtaku wrote:I, for one, really enjoyed Shigatsu Wa Kimi No Uso, and in particular the final episode. Although I don't think it will be destined to be a classic -- probably a little too conventional and predictable for that -- it still was very well-done throughout. I need some time for the ending to sink in -- for example, I wonder SPOILER: Highlight text to read: if Kaori's desire to undergo surgery was a risky, all-or-nothing sort of gambit along the lines of her 'double-suicide' offer -- she knew her time was limited, so rather than suffering an extended decline, she bet on the long-shot, and lost (although in this case, losing was not nearly as bad as doing nothing at all). A series well-worth the 22-episode investment in time, and an interesting look inside the world of music competitions.

I can tell you that it was established in the show that SPOILER: Highlight text to read: she was undergoing the surgery in hopes of being healthy enough to compete on the stage with him one more time, but it was always a long shot. After all the build-up in that direction, I was a little surprised she didn't pull through.
Anime List
skreyola

Postby skreyola » Thu May 28, 2015 10:23 pm

NEWS.
Crunchyroll now has 12 episodes of Amagi Brilliant Park.
Premium only. T_T
Anime List
skreyola

Postby MomentOfInertia » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:16 am

skreyola wrote:NEWS.
Premium only. T_T

Going up for free users. Some tonight and some a week from tonight.
ToDoList++;
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby skreyola » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:16 pm

MomentOfInertia wrote:
skreyola wrote:NEWS.
Premium only. T_T

Going up for free users. Some tonight and some a week from tonight.
ToDoList++;

I saw that. Too bad I don't have time tonight to watch it. Let me know how they are. :)
Anime List
skreyola

Postby skreyola » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:03 pm

Finished watching Amagi Brilliant Park. It was better than I thought it would be at the end of the first episode, but... it wasn't as good as most of what I watched in the same season. It comes in at #5 on my list for Fall 2014. I couldn't see episode 13, but I doubt a bonus episode would have changed much.
Anime List
skreyola

Previous

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews