Fairy Tail

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Fairy Tail

Postby AnaniAnime » Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:53 pm

Fairy Tail is my favorite anime and I was wondering what others think of it. Who's caught up with the episodes? :n_n:
Hello!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.pinterest.com/ariannawesomez/
AnaniAnime

Re: Fairy Tail

Postby Kilvakar » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:32 pm

Yes! Fairy Tail is definitely one of my favorites as well! :thumb:

I absolutely LOVE this series, and am always ready to chat about it, lol! The one and only thing I could do without is the sometimes excessive fanservice, but the sheer awesomeness of the characters, their courage, heroism and bonds of friendship more than outweigh that.

What are some of your favorite things about Fairy Tail?
Image Image
"Comrade isn't simply a word. Comrades are about heart. It's the unconditional trust in your partners. Please, fell free to lean on me...And I, too, will lean on you as well."---Mavis Vermillion, First Master of Fairy Tail

"There are people in this world who enjoy being alone, but there isn't a single person who can bear solitude."---Makarov Dreyar, Third Master of Fairy Tail
Kilvakar

Postby nillapoet » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:08 am

It's probably my favorite show. I've finished the english dubs and I'm ready for the new episodes coming out next month.
nillapoet

Postby AnaniAnime » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:31 am

I love the character's personalities. I also love how it can make me laugh, and cry. The stories are amazing and the villans are actually villans. Fairy Tail is the best!
Hello!

AnaniAnime

Postby Kilvakar » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:52 pm

Yeah, I've finished everything dubbed so far, I read ahead in the manga to keep up with the story, but for me watching the anime in Japanese is just not quite as good as English. I prefer to understand what I'm hearing rather than reading subs while watching, that's just me though.

Yeah, the characters are the best! Fairy Tail is one of the few shows that makes me cry on a regular basis. Mostly I cry because I'm inspired by the sheer level of heroism and dedication to their friends that the Fairy Tail guild embodies.

Some of the villains aren't really that bad (Juvia and Gajeel are some of my favorite characters after they join the guild), but yeah, folks like Hades, Faust, and Minerva definitely qualify as true bad guys.

I like how some of the characters you think are "bad" are able to have a change of heart and turn from their wicked ways, though. You have Gajeel, Juvia, Meredy, Ultear, Jelall, Flare, Hoteye, and now possibly the Oracion Seis as well. Just goes to show that even people who've set foot on the wrong path can repent and come back to the light.
Image Image
"Comrade isn't simply a word. Comrades are about heart. It's the unconditional trust in your partners. Please, fell free to lean on me...And I, too, will lean on you as well."---Mavis Vermillion, First Master of Fairy Tail

"There are people in this world who enjoy being alone, but there isn't a single person who can bear solitude."---Makarov Dreyar, Third Master of Fairy Tail
Kilvakar

Postby AnaniAnime » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:45 pm

I really wish that they would put it up in the reviews section :(
Hello!

AnaniAnime

Postby Rzerox21xx » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:05 am

I love that show, Im happy I got into it in late 2011 and am officially caught up. I watch the new episodes on crunchyroll especially the new series which has nicer animation. I also caught up with the manga. so yeah My favorite characters Lucy and Juvia. I also like Erza. I brought the nice Lucy figure by Good Smile, athough I lost her key no thanks to my cat. anyway. I love the series and am happy to see other fans of the show. my only problem with the show is that is kinda repeat the same thing in terms of nakama power beats the main badguy and and usually get one shot to the face and defeated. also the fanservice gets too much the point that its distracting from the plot. as a male I do like the FT ladies in swimsuit though and Im sure the girls like to see Gray and Natsu shirtless. but yeah Im in love with that show. I collect the manga from kondasha comics and the bluray/dvd combo from funimation. so anyone caught up with the anime or manga.
Rzerox21xx

Postby Rzerox21xx » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:42 am

another thing I like about Fairy Tail is the romance and shipteases. it obvious and the author like to tease the fans. the main ships so far is
Nalu(Natsu x Lucy)
Gruvia(Gray x Juvia)
Jerza(Erza x Jellal)
Galevy or Gale(Gajeel x Levy)
Elfgreen(Elfman x Evergreen)

recent chapters seem to be hinting Miraxus(Laxus x Mirajane)
Rzerox21xx

Postby Kilvakar » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:44 pm

They do have reviews for Fairy Tail, but for some reason you have to search for it, it doesn't come up in the regular list. :eyeroll:

It's hard for me to pick a favorite character, but my top ten list would be Natsu, Happy, Wendy, Juvia, Gajeel, Levy, Elfman, Mirajane, Lisanna and Lucy, not in order, lol! :grin: I do think the fanservice gets a little excessive at times, especially with Lucy, but that's probably the only flaw in the show for me. Personally, I actually like the "power of friendship" thing, especially since it usually comes up in really epic moments. While I don't mind anime with darker storylines, one of the things I love most about Fairy Tail is that good simply always triumphs over evil. No matter what the odds, Fairy Tail will always beat the villains down in the end! It's just a very uplifting and encouraging series to watch and to read.
Image Image

Kilvakar

Postby Mullet Death » Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:20 pm

I can't adeqautely express in words the awesomesauce that is Fairy Tail. I don't think there's a single character I don't like in their own way, and all the main characters-- i.e. everyone in the Fairy Tail guild itself-- are even more amazing. I think certain themes present in the work can even be reinterpreted in a Chrisitan light; themes of faith, loyalty, comraderie, justice, and good ultimately triumphing are certainly present and strong. Were it not for the fan service, I'd be tempted to say this a perfect show for kids. The main characters are great fictional role models.

I guess I don't really have anything particularly meaningful to say here-- I just love Fairy Tail as well. It will always be proudly displayed on my shelf.

Juvia is the best character, and she will eventually win Gray over. I will tolerate no objections! :rock:

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby Kilvakar » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:12 pm

Yes! GrayxJuvia FTW! :rock: It sounds like you and I are in the same boat, Mullet. I completely agree with you that Fairy Tail is just awesome all-around. There are probably some shows I like just as much, but none that I like better. It's too bad that they have to put in too much fanservice, otherwise I'd recommend it to everyone I know. As it is, though, it's pretty much a perfect show for teenagers and "young at heart" adults like myself. :grin:
Image Image

Kilvakar

Postby AnaniAnime » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:43 pm

I love the show except the fanservice and how it repeats. It should have some more unique story lines instead of "Oh! He's losing no! Wait he's back up. He defeated the other guy." I kinda want something different. But it will always be my favorite.
Hello!

AnaniAnime

Postby Kilvakar » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:12 pm

Have you watched the series with the new animation? If so, what did you think of it? I haven't watched the new season yet, but I heard they changed the art and the music a lot, so I'm kinda worried...
Image Image

Kilvakar

Postby Rzerox21xx » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:21 pm

the animation is much slicker but not perfect, like all series, some eps has really nice animation and other ep, its subpar, but in the battles on the Grand magic games, the fights look a lot fluid and great. they just changed the opening again hahahhaha. going to a much darker tone for the story.
Rzerox21xx

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:16 pm

FAIRY TAIL.

I'm only caught up on the dub, though. Honestly, I'm starting to get annoyed with Fairy Tail. There's more and more "girls skimpily dressed get in fights and have already-inadequate clothes torn in inconvenient places." Fairy Tail started off with a bang, and it's still going strong, but I feel like it's slowly spiraling into a pit of fanservice. And if it gets much worse it's awesomeness isn't going to keep making up for it.
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I really wish we could get back to Mystogan, but I'm pretty sure that's never going to happen. He pretty much dropped off the face of the world (literally), so that's a thing. Also, Jellal. Seven year gap. Last time we saw Jellal he wasn't doing too great anyways. I'm more than a bit nervous to see him now...
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby nillapoet » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:54 pm

I love the show. At least up until right around where the english dub ends. It's just ok after around episode 125. Way too much goofiness and not enough epicness to even it out. I skipped about 20 episodes so I could check out the grand magic games arc, so I hope it was only a few episodes (around ep 120) that were like that.

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Although one of my favorite parts from the 2014 series is in the dragon grave yard, when the dragon spirit says, "I don't talk to humans" and Happy responds "We're cats"... "Ok then, 400 years ago..."
nillapoet

Postby Kilvakar » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:48 pm

Claec: Unfortunately, Fairy Tail does have a lot of fanservice. Not as bad as a lot of series, but still enough to be annoying. Most of it centers around Lucy, which is disappointing since her character is actually really cool. For me, it's hard to overshadow the awesomeness of Fairy Tail, but I do notice the fanservice when it pops up.

Nillapoet: If your only caught up on the dub, then yes, there are a couple of filler episodes in between the return of Fairy Tail's strongest wizards and the Grand Magic Games. Once you get into the GMG, it's back to epic battles! (Although the fact that it's a tournament and not a real conflict was slightly annoying to me, it's still fun.) I actually prefer to watch the dub myself, so I'm probably at the same part in the series as you! (I read the manga, though, so I know what's going on). I do know that somewhere there is a short filler arc that probably has a lot more goofiness than you'd like, (it introduces the Jiggle Butt Gang, for example :P), but the epicness never stops!
Image Image

Kilvakar

Postby AnaniAnime » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:06 pm

The magic games do kind of annoy me a little bit. Since I don't read the manga I don't know what happens in the story. I wait a week for the next episode but I just get some huge fight during most of the episode and only a little bit of the actual main problem. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I really want to find out more about future Lucy (I read a spoiler that she dies which sucks) and I also want to know more about Eclipse II project and the 1000 dragons! These long fights are kind of annoying to watch and most of the time I'm waiting for it to get back to the other parts of the show. Hopefully the next episode will have a bit more in it. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I just had a random thought that most parts of the magic games don't help the story. It kinda just fills up the extra space. But I guess the guy who made it wanted it that way so it is how it is.

Also, I really don't care about changes they made to the music and animation. As long as it doesn't suck I'm fine with it. I'm not that picky about it unless it's really terrible. Actually, I didn't even notice anything was different about it until other people pointed it out.
Hello!

AnaniAnime

Postby SilverToast » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:12 pm

I got into the Fairy Tail anime recently and I'm caught up with the subbed episodes now.

I really enjoy the characters. They intereact with each other meaningfully and grow so much. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: For example, Mirajane was an uninteresting hostess in the beggining, and then she goes back to being an awesome insanely powerful monster who overcame the grief of losing her sister.

My favorite characters are Erza, Mirajane, and Jellal.

Favorite Fairy Tail Moment:
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Erza, under the influence of Juvia's supposed love potion, makes a pillar as her rival and tries to destroy it.

Grand Magic Games:
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: The grand magic games arc gave us the story of how Ichiya and Nichiya met. It totally makes up for the time it wasted.
SilverToast

Postby FourFourSeven » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:52 pm

ClaecElric4God wrote:FAIRY TAIL.

I'm only caught up on the dub, though. Honestly, I'm starting to get annoyed with Fairy Tail. There's more and more "girls skimpily dressed get in fights and have already-inadequate clothes torn in inconvenient places." Fairy Tail started off with a bang, and it's still going strong, but I feel like it's slowly spiraling into a pit of fanservice. And if it gets much worse it's awesomeness isn't going to keep making up for it.
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I really wish we could get back to Mystogan, but I'm pretty sure that's never going to happen. He pretty much dropped off the face of the world (literally), so that's a thing. Also, Jellal. Seven year gap. Last time we saw Jellal he wasn't doing too great anyways. I'm more than a bit nervous to see him now...

As if there wasn't enough fanservice in the first several episodes I watched in the series? Pretty much the reason I dropped out of it early on; I pretty much knew what Mashima was going to do. I mean, c'moooooon, he could've do so much better than the other several million fanservice animes already out there.

If it wasn't for that, Fairy Tail would have been the first long-running series I'd have graded with an "A".
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

"Why can't EVERYTHING be rocket propelled?!"
-Mattias Nilsson, Mercenaries 2: World In Flames
FourFourSeven

Postby Kilvakar » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:21 pm

Well, I think everyone agrees that the fanservice is annoying, but the series is just too awesome for that to ruin it!

I agree the character growth is excellent, especially for a fighting series. In most fighting series, characters basically stay the same and power-ups are substituted for character development. Not so in Fairy Tail! Mirajane, Erza, Natsu, and Jellal are all good examples of this, but also Meredy, Flair, Laxus, Ultear, and many others experience a lot of change or growth in their characters as well.

Despite the unfortunate "shredded clothing" moments, Fairy Tail does not promote immoral behavior (although excessive drinking is a habit for some characters), but instead promotes bravery, friendship, honor, loyalty, and always standing up for what's right.
Image Image

Kilvakar

Postby Chronicler1701 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:39 am

I'm with the lot of y'all, I LOVE Fairy Tail.

The fights are awesome, the dialog is funny, and the storyline has weight to it. It is a really good show, and I'm gonna be watching it to the end. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I just wish we could've seen Natsu's fight with Jiemma through to the end, but Minerva stepped in with Happy as a hostage. :mutter:

I tend to agree that watching it dubbed is better than subbed, but sometimes the two versions say completely different things. Watch episode 1, "The Fairy Tail" and 112, "The One Thing I Couldn't Say" in both the dubbed and subbed; you'll see what I mean.

Here's a link to them. It's from the distributor, so it's legal, and you don't have to be a subscriber for the first one. And you can watch the sub of the other from them, too.
http://www.funimation.com/shows/fairy-t ... fairy-tail
http://www.funimation.com/shows/fairy-t ... ouldnt-say
Thank You, Jesus, for everything You've given me.

His Love is deep, His Love is wide
And it covers us.
His Love is fierce, His Love is strong
It is furious.
His Love is sweet, His Love is wild,
And it's waking hearts to life.

Current astronomical equipment:
Telescope: Meade ETX-90(pending repair)
Eyepieces: Meade Series 4000 26mm Super Plössl

Elements:
Water
Electricity
Heat
Cold
Wind
Magnetism
Time

Forces:
Strength
Speed
Beasts

And, finally:
All

Ed, Edd n Eddy is awesome!
Best Pokémon, ever: Deoxys
Favorite Fairy Tail Guild member and supporting character: Erza Scarlet and Loke. They're both willing to sacrifice everything they've got to protect those they hold dear.

Revelation 2:17
“He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give some of the hidden manna to eat. And I will give him a white stone, and on the stone a new name written which no one knows except him who receives it.” (NKJV)
Chronicler1701

Location: In the Royal City of Edolas, researching new techniques of building vehicles.

Postby Mullet Death » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:30 am

Ace33Wing wrote:I got into the Fairy Tail anime recently and I'm caught up with the subbed episodes now.

I really enjoy the characters. They intereact with each other meaningfully and grow so much. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: For example, Mirajane was an uninteresting hostess in the beggining, and then she goes back to being an awesome insanely powerful monster who overcame the grief of losing her sister.

My favorite characters are Erza, Mirajane, and Jellal.

Favorite Fairy Tail Moment:
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Erza, under the influence of Juvia's supposed love potion, makes a pillar as her rival and tries to destroy it.
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Everything in that episode was pure gold! :grin: Makarov's rival was alcohol! Bahahahaa!

Grand Magic Games:
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: The grand magic games arc gave us the story of how Ichiya and Nichiya met. It totally makes up for the time it wasted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bmUGmxbXjU
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: That arc gave us lots of great stuff....including ババサマ who spins people XD

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby Chronicler1701 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:59 am

Ace33Wing wrote:Favorite Fairy Tail Moment:

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: And at the end of the episode, Gray's rival is... the... horizon. :shake: :XD:

I'm with Mullet, that episode was one hilarious moment after another. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Lucy and Natsu's kids looked like Happy. :hits_self :bang: BAHAHAHA

And it covers us.
It is furious.

Elements:
Water
Electricity
Heat
Cold
Wind
Magnetism
Time

Forces:
Strength
Speed
Beasts

And, finally:
All

Favorite Fairy Tail Guild member and supporting character: Erza Scarlet and Loke. They're both willing to sacrifice everything they've got to protect those they hold dear.

“He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give some of the hidden manna to eat. And I will give him a white stone, and on the stone a new name written which no one knows except him who receives it.” (NKJV)
Chronicler1701

Location: In the Royal City of Edolas, researching new techniques of building vehicles.

Postby Kilvakar » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:39 pm

Chronicler1701 wrote:
Ace33Wing wrote:Favorite Fairy Tail Moment:

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: And at the end of the episode, Gray's rival is... the... horizon. :shake: :XD:

I'm with Mullet, that episode was one hilarious moment after another. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Lucy and Natsu's kids looked like Happy. :hits_self :bang: BAHAHAHA

Yeah, full of laughs, that one! There are a couple more like that, one of my favorites is "The Terror of Invisible Lucy," absolutely hilarious! :grin:
Image Image

Kilvakar

Postby SilverToast » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:46 pm

^ "The Terror of Invisible Lucy" was hilarious. My favorite part was when they drew her face.
SilverToast

Postby AnaniAnime » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:22 pm

Oh my gosh I remember that! And then it didn't even have a proper ending! That was funny when the drew her face.
Hello!

AnaniAnime

Postby AnaniAnime » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:16 pm

Okay so I watched episode 191 today and SPOILER: Highlight text to read: It's so obvious that the dragons are going to come from the Eclipse Portal. I don't read the manga so don't spoil it for me.
Hello!

AnaniAnime

Postby Chronicler1701 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:24 pm

Episode 191 SPOILER: Highlight text to read: And the dragons are on their way.

Seriously, though! Why are Ultear's and Meredy's eyes red now?! They used to be black and green, respectively. They just started looking red, starting at about the 176th episode, Meredy's first and with no explanation at all!

Does anyone else see this or am I going nuts?

And it covers us.
It is furious.

Elements:
Water
Electricity
Heat
Cold
Wind
Magnetism
Time

Forces:
Strength
Speed
Beasts

And, finally:
All

Chronicler1701

Postby Kilvakar » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:05 pm

I've been waiting to watch the dubbed episodes, so I haven't yet seen the new season or the eye color changes. I am caught up with the manga, though, so I know what's happening.

I really hope that the good Dragons show up again at some point, I have a feeling that they've been preparing for a confrontation with Zeref and Acnologia, and that's why they trained the Dragon Slayers. Igneel was saying at one point that he wondered if Humans could surpass Dragons, or if it was a foolish dream, which leads me to believe that they somehow need the help of the Humans, and specifically the Dragon Slayers to stop Acnologia.
Image Image

Kilvakar

Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews