Anime you wish they Reboot

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Anime you wish they Reboot

Postby Rzerox21xx » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:45 am

So far in recent years there been reboots of older anime that follows a different take or is more loyal to the source materials(novels and manga)

examples. Fullmetal Alchemist to Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood(latter follows Arakawa's original manga all the way to the ending). Hunter x Hunter 1998 to Hunter x Hunter 2011, that does the same series over again with new animation and the more manga material being adapted. and now recently Sailor Moon 2014, which is adapting Naoko takeuchi original manga closer than the early 90s anime which was really different with the monster of the week formula. the manga wasn't like that and the author wasn't happy with how Sailor Star turn out. There's Dragonball Z kai which is a reairing of the entire Z part(entire snice the Buu saga was just announced this week to replace Toriko's timeslot) in HD and with no filler. which reduce the episode count greatly

The anime that would benefit for a reboot right now would be Rurouni Kenshin. Right now with the popularity of the live action movies, it could be possible. A manga reboot that follows the manga more closely. Anime was Great but half of the first season was filler, changed character motivations and scene so much, added unnecessary characters and got Kenshin color sceme wrong(his kimono was suppose to be red no pink and his hair orangeish red)and all of the 3rd season was filler and it was so bad, that it got canceled before they can animated the long final story arc. the Revenge arc which is from volume 18 to 28. almost as long as the Kyoto arc. they did adapted the part of it in OVAs with different animation but took out the humor and made it different from Nobuhiro Watsuki writing. Its my dream. they did do a recent 2 OVA Kyoto Arc remake but it was far from the original manga and even the original anime Kyoto arc and it felt like something else.

well what other series would benefit with a remake especially for those manga readers who think the anime did a bad job adapting the source material.
Rzerox21xx

Re: Anime you wish they Reboot

Postby shooraijin » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:05 pm

I wish they'd _finish_ Ranma 1/2. At least we got one more lousy OAV out of them in twelve years.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Crossfire » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:19 pm

Well. I'd say an update for Gundam 0079 would be my top pick, but apparently that's in the works. Apparently. We have yet to see an official confirmation however, so I guess that'll remain my vote. The only other old series that comes to mind, though it probably doesn't really need an update, is Super Dimension Fortress Macross. I'd love to see these two shows get a redo akin to Yamato 2199.
Crossfire

Postby Rzerox21xx » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:31 am

Crossfire wrote:Well. I'd say an update for Gundam 0079 would be my top pick, but apparently that's in the works. Apparently. We have yet to see an official confirmation however, so I guess that'll remain my vote. The only other old series that comes to mind, though it probably doesn't really need an update, is Super Dimension Fortress Macross. I'd love to see these two shows get a redo akin to Yamato 2199.

you like a remake of Super Dimension Fortress Macross, well you'll like this,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYqyLmsIewQ
Rzerox21xx

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:31 am

Soul Eater :3 though I can't really see it happening since they only missed a few (and really only one or two major) plot points.
Also, I would hate to see the "Battle on the moon" arc, because it was painful to read and I can only imagine it would be painful to watch. Aside from that, there are a lot parts from the manga that I want to see animated ;w; (salvage <3). But who knows? Maybe I'm completely wrong and they might actually do it (instead of giving Not! an anime when it's only 3 volumes in).

Other than that, I completely agree with Shooraijin about Ranma 1/2 '3'
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby Rzerox21xx » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:26 am

Well the Soul Eater manga is done, so they can animated and do a reboot. Another series that would benefit but not for years, it has to wait till the manga is almost ending and we are not sure, Blue Exorcist. supposedly it adapted the first 20 chapters only and then went its own ending.

Anime that could benefit from Reairing but with editing out fillers and correcting animation parts would be Naruto and Naruto Shippuden and Bleach. like Dragonball z Kai. perhaps when there's a big anniversary after both series end.
Rzerox21xx

Postby Mullet Death » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:12 pm

Never read them so don't know for sure, but I think Durarara! has more light novel content, so I'd like to see some more anime content.

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby Crossfire » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:48 pm

Rzerox21xx wrote:you like a remake of Super Dimension Fortress Macross, well you'll like this,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYqyLmsIewQ

That was glorious.

And if we're talking about continuations of anime in general, irregardless of age, I'd also like to see third seasons for Full Metal Panic and Spice&Wolf. The novels and whatnot still provide a ton of material to cover.
Crossfire

Postby LastLfan » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:00 pm

Having only seen robotech i would like to see macross remade as even though i know they are very different i would love to see those robot designs nowadays
LastLfan

Postby twistedfairytale45 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:24 pm

Pandora Hearts. It had so much potential but then it stopped and the manga is still going. The Pandora Hearts anime needs a better ending...

Skip Beat :3. Funniest show I have ever watched but worst stopping spot ever. My sister has(tried) to keep me up to date on the manga but I want to see the finished version of the anime.
:rant:
Fruits Basket. Could they please just remake it with voices worth listening to like Akira Ishda and Daisuke Ono? Please? I don't care if the guys are played by girls just as long as their voice works.
"You can keep walking, or turn back, or take a different road." -Elliot Nightray
"What's left in the end..is not always what you wish for!" - Xerxes Break
twistedfairytale45

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:22 am

I definitely agree about Fruits Basket and Pandora Hearts.
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."
"God expects spiritual fruit not religious nuts."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby Rzerox21xx » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:35 am

twistedfairytale45 wrote:Pandora Hearts. It had so much potential but then it stopped and the manga is still going. The Pandora Hearts anime needs a better ending...

Skip Beat :3. Funniest show I have ever watched but worst stopping spot ever. My sister has(tried) to keep me up to date on the manga but I want to see the finished version of the anime.
:rant:
Fruits Basket. Could they please just remake it with voices worth listening to like Akira Ishda and Daisuke Ono? Please? I don't care if the guys are played by girls just as long as their voice works.

Didn't the Frust Basket anime gave Akito or the main Souma SPOILER: Highlight text to read: voiced by a man, implied to be male but the manga revealed him to be a her

a Naruto kai and Bleach kai would be nice, it be a first of the soul society and beginning of the arrancar arc to be air with no filler in hd. Naruto case, all the way to sasuke retrieveal, skip the 200 ep filler straight to shippuden, skip all the filler all of it in HD.
Rzerox21xx

Postby DaughterOfZion » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:41 pm

Yes, they did change the character of Akito a good bit.

Well, seeing as there is already a Sailor Moon reboot in the works, there aren't really any I can think of. Maybe a Lain reboot would be cool, with all the technological advances that have a occurred since it aired.
DaughterOfZion

Postby marro1 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:20 am

Soul Eater.
Now I see. You’re Jealous. You’re jealous of humans aren’t you? According to you, humans are supposed to be a lot weaker than homunculi. And yet, even if they get discouraged after being beaten, and even if they get close to falling down after losing their paths, they continue to get up and fight. Everyone around them helps them get back up. And you’re envious of that.
Edward

I'm a worthless piece of garbage that can't even write a straight looking K!
Death the Kid.

marro1

Postby Yami » Sat May 17, 2014 9:18 pm

Soul Eater Reboot that follows the manga!
Yami

Postby marro1 » Sun May 18, 2014 10:58 am

I actually found out Soul eater is getting a reboot. Soul Eater Not!
Now I see. You’re Jealous. You’re jealous of humans aren’t you? According to you, humans are supposed to be a lot weaker than homunculi. And yet, even if they get discouraged after being beaten, and even if they get close to falling down after losing their paths, they continue to get up and fight. Everyone around them helps them get back up. And you’re envious of that.
Edward

Death the Kid.

marro1

Postby DaughterOfZion » Sun May 18, 2014 6:56 pm

Soul Eater Not! is actually a spin-off series which has it's own manga and the anime is currently airing.
DaughterOfZion

Postby marro1 » Mon May 19, 2014 1:09 pm

Oh. I don't kn ow much about it. Except I know it has Maka and Soul.
Edward

Death the Kid.

marro1

Postby nillapoet » Mon May 19, 2014 2:36 pm

Mega Man.
nillapoet

Postby LastLfan » Mon May 19, 2014 7:42 pm

Retell the original Yu-Gi-Oh! But with crisper art and less "actual 4-kids dialogue" basically it would have to be a funimation of america project but they could do it. Also remake Yu-Gi-Oh! Season 0 in the style of duel monsters but keep the plot
LastLfan

Postby Ryosuke » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:04 pm

The NEED to redo the HORRIBLE excuse of an anime they pulled from the depths of re-digested, mold infested, disease ridden sewage that they pulled the Star Ocean 2 anime from
~*~Blessedly married to Okami!~*~
Ryosuke

Postby Vii » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:14 pm

Fruits Basket and Soul Eater definitely.
Vii

Postby EHeroAndrew » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:34 pm

I want Yugioh GX to get a reboot and follow the manga version. That was a much better story. And a new dub to go with it, with a new cast, since 4Kids is gone and 4K Media is now I charge of it.

P.S. No, 4K Media is NOT 4Kids. The Yugioh anime franchise has been given back to Konami which 4K Media is their American dubbing company.
EHeroAndrew

Postby nln_rose » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:17 pm

i kinda want to see a Trigun reboot. it was so well done. i can't convince my brother to even look at it though because of it's 90's animation. I really think that this story should be told again. (btw anyone know how Wolfwood was alive in badlands?)
I hope you don't mind me barging in like this. In spite of the profession I've chosen, I've never actually made a confession before. It's these times we live in. I did what it took to protect the children at any cost. That's how I always justified my actions. I took many people's lives, all that time believing there was no other way. My sins are so heavy. Too heavy. Too heavy to ever atone for. And yet, somehow I feel happy, at peace with myself today. It really can be done. Once you stop to think about it, there are plenty of ways to save everyone. Why didn't I ever listen to him? Why didn't I see that before it was too late? -Nicholas D. Wolfwood (Priest)
nln_rose

Postby Exlon » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:17 pm

Fruits Baskeeeet~ They need to do the whole series. But they should probably redo the first chunk due to that um, little important thing about Akito later on.

So sad they couldn't do all of Ouran! D: If they hadn't made up that one ending it could've been okay to continue.

Skip Beat! needs so much more. The anime only did the first several volumes of the series, but it's still on going and they've got like...30-some volumes now. And it was getting really good.

I'd list Black Butler but I don't really know what went on with that. Only the first few episodes actually followed the manga and then everything just went haywire from there. But apparently they're putting it back on the air with a bunch of episodes from the Circus arc in the manga series? I don't know. Maybe I'll take a look at it sometime.
Exlon

Postby Sundown » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:24 am

I haven't seen enough anime to think of any that need rebooting - I personally think Trigun is perfect the way it is - but I'm just going to answer a question.

(Spoilerfor those who haven't finished the Trigun series yet, I can't seem to put quotes in spoiler bars.)

nln_rose wrote:(btw anyone know how Wolfwood was alive in badlands?)

From what I understand, Badlands took place in the middle of the series.
"Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in. Aim at earth and you will get neither." C.S. Lewis
Sundown

Postby Sheenar » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:34 pm

They definitely need to finish the Fruits Basket anime. The manga ending is so good --but the anime just kind of stopped somewhat in the middle of the manga story line.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:35 am

I would LOVE to see a remake of Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle, which is pretty much impossible, with how long it's been. I mean, I love the anime and appreciate the OVAs, but the manga beats it 10x, and I would love to see a complete, true to the manga anime. That story is too good not to animate.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:18 pm

ClaecElric4God wrote:I would LOVE to see a remake of Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle, which is pretty much impossible, with how long it's been. I mean, I love the anime and appreciate the OVAs, but the manga beats it 10x, and I would love to see a complete, true to the manga anime. That story is too good not to animate.

True.
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."
"God expects spiritual fruit not religious nuts."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby SuprahKahn » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:52 pm

Soul Eater. Soul Eater Not trolled me hard; I thought it was going to be centered on the original characters, but alas, they made it into a school girl show. Some people might have enjoyed it because of that, but I couldnt help but feel disappointed. I was like, "What happened to all the explosions and actual fighting?"

Baccano! Shouldn't necessarily be rebooted, but I do think it deserves to be remastered.
SuprahKahn

Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews