Anime you wish they Reboot

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Re: Anime you wish they Reboot

Postby Yami » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:28 am

katekyo hitman reborn!
Yami

Postby ashfire » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:29 pm

What about old school series. The Princess Knight, Marine Boy, or The 8 man just to name a few.
ashfire

Postby Nate » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:23 am

I want to see Sailor Moon Crystal, but actually good and by a company that actually gives a crap about it.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby skreyola » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:14 pm

Kemono no Souja Erin/Beast Player Erin: the story is interesting, and the (MAIN) characters are likable... but the por production quality and the presence of Rosencrantz and Gildenstern, along with the repetition of the flashbacks, make it a little hard to watch, though it is still worth seeing (I'm in the middle of rewatching it). So, I wish someone would redo it. I hope, however, that they'd keep the little shots that don't appear to have anything to do with the story but convey a lot of the subtler emotions, intentions, and actions, because those were quite masterful.
"Click click click. Still defective."
MAL: Manga List
Anime List
skreyola

Postby Midori » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:35 am

I would kind of like to see a different adaptation of Black Rock Shooter. I mean, I liked the OVA quite a bit but the TV series was pretty terrible, though at least it was pretty. Unfortunately, I think that ship has sailed (and sunk) already.
Midori

Postby SisterHipster » Sun May 17, 2015 4:52 pm

I wouldn't mind my childhood being ruined if they rebooted Outlaw Star.
SisterHipster

Postby artisticDreamer » Sun May 17, 2015 5:48 pm

Soul Eater and Pandora Hearts. Dem endings...
artisticDreamer

Postby Kraavdran » Thu May 21, 2015 4:10 am

Angel Beats! Preferably not squished into 13 episodes.

And, maybe, Trinity Blood. Or 07-Ghost.
"Fiat justitia ruat caelum et pereat mundus"
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kraavdran
Kraavdran

Postby skreyola » Thu May 21, 2015 7:15 pm

artisticDreamer wrote:Soul Eater and Pandora Hearts. Dem endings...

If I started listing things I didn't like the ending of, my list could be a lot longer... :)
Anime List
skreyola

Postby MomentOfInertia » Thu May 21, 2015 9:10 pm

skreyola wrote:

If I started listing things I didn't like the ending of, my list could be a lot longer... :)

The endings of those two shows diverged significantly from the source material.
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby skreyola » Thu May 21, 2015 10:08 pm

MomentOfInertia wrote:
skreyola wrote:

The endings of those two shows diverged significantly from the source material.

Ah. I guess what I meant to say is I've seen a few shows I wish had Gecko Endings and could be rebooted to end better.
Anime List
skreyola

Postby Thunderscream872 » Fri May 22, 2015 1:18 pm

Yu Yu Hakusho. As much as I love the original anime, I'd like to see it done with a more modern look/animation. It would be nice if The Dark Tournament was a little shorter and more condensed. I could also do without the fourth season.
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat May 23, 2015 4:39 am

I don't want to see a complete reboot for School Rumble, but I would like to see "season" 3 properly animated, and not just condensed to a 2 episode OVA. A LOT happens in that last 1/3 of the Manga, and while there were some good moments in the OVA, it leaves a whole lot out. I mean, San Gakki is kind of when SR gained a plot, which is probably WHY they relegated it to an OVA, since it sort of takes a darker turn and doesn't completely fit the rest of the series (though they already explored that a bit with Yakumo)... Really, though, they actually left out a lot of the NORMAL SR stuff, and kept most of the dramatic parts, so there goes that conjecture.

Before Crystal Hit, I always wanted to see Sailor Moon without the fluff. Crystal is doing that pretty well, but people are saying it lacks heart. I like it, though. I just could have done without the more Manga-like art. I prefer (most of) the art from the original anime. I also miss the Engrish "Game over!" from the first episode. Also, some people died in the Manga that lived in the old anime, and vice versa, so it's a bit frustrating when I see certain characters dying.

I hope Naruto gets a Dragonball Kai treatment someday, and it gets all the fluff pulled out of it. I like Naruto, but it just takes too freaking long and there's too much filler. I could see the whole series reduced to 50 or so episodes and not losing any important plot or having bad pacing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Nate » Sat May 23, 2015 12:45 pm

Bobtheduck wrote:Crystal is doing that pretty well, but people are saying it lacks heart.

It only lacks heart in the sense that Toei doesn't give two craps about it and the animation is absolutely atrocious. Other than that it's fine, although I'm not fond of some of the storyline changes such as making the four generals the lovers of the inner guardians, and keeping them alive just for an "OH NO YOU KILLED OUR BOYFRIENDS" moment.

Nate

Postby Bobtheduck » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:50 am

Nate wrote:
Bobtheduck wrote:Crystal is doing that pretty well, but people are saying it lacks heart.

It only lacks heart in the sense that Toei doesn't give two craps about it and the animation is absolutely atrocious. Other than that it's fine, although I'm not fond of some of the storyline changes such as making the four generals the lovers of the inner guardians, and keeping them alive just for an "OH NO YOU KILLED OUR BOYFRIENDS" moment.

The animation is better than the original, unless you mean the art style, then yeah the old anime blows it away, just like it blew away the manga. I'm not fond of Naoko Takeuchi's character designs, which Crystal emulates more.
As for the romances, that was kind of NT's vision for the characters even though it never happened explicitly in the Manga. They just didn't reference it at all in the old Anime, but it's not the first time it came up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Bobtheduck

Postby Nate » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:30 am

Bobtheduck wrote:The animation is better than the original

Nate

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:27 pm

I don't have examples, but I'm pretty sure you can find moments like that in the original, too. Outside of moments like that, the animation in Crystal is better than the old anime.
Bobtheduck

Postby Nate » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:03 am

It depends on the episode, yeah there's some beautifully animated stuff, I won't deny that, but everything about Crystal is lazy, and the animation is absolutely worse than the original in a few places. Even if I want to concede the point about the animation being better, Crystal is still awful just because of the errors in animation. Like, say,

Sailor Mercury being bald and wearing a wig. Or

Usagi having a lazy eye. Or

Ami doing her best impression of Sloth from the Goonies. Or even

Mamoru turning into Stretch Armstrong. These are all absolutely inexcusable and should not have happened if Toei actually cared about the series, but it's pretty obvious they were just like "Let's reboot Sailor Moon, it'll do well on nostalgia alone and we won't even have to put any effort into it." And that upsets me, it makes me really annoyed that they didn't think the fans would care that the quality of the show is garbage.

Nate

Previous

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews