Mobile Suit Gundam

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Re: Mobile Suit Gundam

Postby blkmage » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:18 pm

I'm having trouble believing the rest of the show will ever top this week.
blkmage

Postby Crossfire » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:08 pm

No kidding. The last two episodes sum up pretty much what I was expecting and hoping for this series, all around good fun with some interesting/over-the-top battles fought by contestants from around the world. Pretty much G-Gundam with models.

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I wish that Tallgeese survived, though. :( Also, the weaboo kid is unbearably annoying and I hope his robot gets blown up by a Ball. Or a GM. Any grunt suit, for that matter.
Crossfire

Postby battletech » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:18 am

WOW! Episode 11 of Build Fighters was amazing. It had everything. It had comedy, action, and revels that brought up more questions. Can't wait to see where they are taking this show. I feel sorry for Gundam fans who do not watch just because it doesn't fit their view of what Gundam is. They are really missing out on truly one of the best Gundam series in history.
battletech

Postby Crossfire » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:53 am

You know, for a "Battle Royal" with hundreds of contestants... I was hoping for longer battles. Then again, I guess the fight could last over a few episodes. I just hope they keep the non-fighting to a minimum for a bit.

Fellini was pretty awesome, as was that whole SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Gaw bit. Looks like 1/144 isn't the only scale that works with the game system... although I think that 1:16 (?) Zaku is a bit overkill.
Crossfire

Postby battletech » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:15 pm

battletech

Postby Crossfire » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:32 am

Back to Build Fighters; episode 16 was an absolute blast. No emotional trauma ("I can't fight him, he's my friend!!"), just three dudes passionate about winning the match. Music was great, the fight itself was exhilarating and well thought-out, albeit it a little shorter than expected. But I've been complaining about that aspect the whole show so far. Really interested in the Chairman and Reji's spiel, but I guess we won't know for sure until the end of the season.
Crossfire

Postby KazeShiki » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:38 am

So how about those cameos? I probably recognized less than half.
"It was then that I found the darkness in my heart, but I wanted to become a strong person who didn't yield to such weakness." - Nana Mizuki
KazeShiki

Postby Crossfire » Fri May 23, 2014 10:42 am

Apparently Build Fighters S2 is in the works. So there's that, G-Reko, and The Origin OVA to look forward to now that Unicorn is finished.

Speaking of UC, that ending man. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Char and Amuro finally confirmed KIA.
Crossfire

Postby Davidizer13 » Fri May 23, 2014 1:16 pm

I'm kinda disappointed that Reconguista ended up being another AU and not something related to G Gundam - waste of a great opportunity, if you ask me. At least it's sort of a UC thing, just barely, maybe?
Davidizer13

Postby Crossfire » Fri May 23, 2014 2:01 pm

For some reason I remember Tomino mentioning it being "very late Universal Century" or something along those lines. Maybe it'll tie in to Turn A? The mecha designs seem to fit that style.
Crossfire

Postby Crossfire » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:22 pm

Aaaaand we're already three episodes into G-Reconguista. First impressions, it feels very disjointed and the animation is... less-than-fluid. But that opening is glorious. And although we've known it for a while now, SPOILER: Highlight text to read: it was cool to see those statues of earlier UC suits.

Also, Build Fighters Try is on Gundam.info's youtube page. Honestly, I don't think it will be as good as the first season. Hope I'm wrong though.
Crossfire

Previous

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews