New Anime Announcements

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby Roy Mustang » Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:35 pm

What happen to this thread, since it was a very good one to keep up with new anime that is coming out.

To bring back this thread, I bring you this. WB Japan is going to do an anime of the CW show, Supernatural.

Supernatural the Animation will be a full 22-episode anime that will cover the show's first two seasons. They'll actually remake the best episodes from the live-action, and will also work to include backstory about the brothers' childhood and bring some spotlight to some of the show's secondary characters. Show creator Eric Kripke is on staff, of course, but invites some top-notch Japanese talent to help. Masao Maruyama from MADHOUSE is serving as executive producer. Naoya Takayama (Liar Game) is supervising the series' scripts, and Takahiro Yoshimatsu of Trigun fame is designing the Sam and Dean and friends.

The first volume will ship on January 12 of next year.

Japanesse website

35 sec Supernatural: Anime trailer

[font="Book Antiqua"]
[color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang
[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby blkmage » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:23 pm

I guess the fact that no one posted anything for almost a year meant that no one was really looking at it, but I guess there are a number of interesting announcements.

I think I've already mentioned elsewhere BONES' new mecha anime Star Driver: Kagayaki no Tact. There's magazine scans floating around that have voice actors including Miyano Mamoru, Fukuyama Jun, and Sakamoto Maaya. The writer and director are pretty good! It's getting the high-traffic 5pm Sunday slot after Sengoku Basara II is done.

I've heard STEIN'S;GATE was pretty good, but with the anime coming up, I guess I won't need to wait for a translation of the game! It's by Nitro+ and 5pb and set in the same universe as CHAOS;HEAD. Hopefully it won't be as bad as the CHAOS;HEAD anime though.

Recently, it was announced that Kizumonogatari, the prequel to Bakemonogatari will be getting an anime. I'm sure you know how I feel about Bakemonogatari, so you can guess that I am ecstatic at this announcement.

Yutaka Yamamoto of KyoAni fame is doing an original series in collaboration with Hiroki Azuma called Fractale. It's going to be running as a noitaminA show.

It looks like PA Works (True Tears, CANAAN, Angel Beats!) is going for an original iyashikei show with Hana Saku Iroha, their tenth anniversary project. They're a decent studio who's production values are pretty good, but the writing could use a little work. I hope this is good.
blkmage

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:39 am

blkmage (post: 1415063) wrote:I think I've already mentioned elsewhere BONES' new mecha anime Star Driver: Kagayaki no Tact..
You make me happy Bones. As one mecha ends, another begins. Thanks to you, (and whoever simulcasts SD) I will get finish 2010 the way any true man would want to: with giant robots. Plus, their original IPs have a good track record w/ me.
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby MasterDias » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:50 pm

Star Driver's site is up with character and mecha profiles. The masked/costumed characters are making this look very Super Robot-ish.

Yutaka Yamamoto of KyoAni fame is doing an original series in collaboration with Hiroki Azuma called Fractale. It's going to be running as a noitaminA show.

The synopsis sounds interesting.
Given that it's an anime-original production from A-1 Pictures, I'm wondering if this was originally intended to be the next Anime no Chikara show.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby blkmage » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:31 pm

There's been rumblings recently about an original anime production produced by SHAFT and directed by Akiyuki Shinbo. Welp, a bunch of details have been recently revealed and its staff is shaping up to be ridiculously stacked:

Director: Akiyuki Shinbo (Bakemonogatari, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha)
Writer: Gen Urobuchi (Fate/Zero, various Nitro+ visual novels)
Original Character Designs: Ume Aoki (mangaka for Hidamari Sketch)
Character Design Adaptation: Takahiro Kishida (Baccano!, Durarara!!, Serial Experiements Lain)
Music: Yuki Kajiura (Kara no Kyoukai, .hack//SIGN, My-HiME)

The new anime is going to be a magical girl anime called Magical Girl Madoka ★ Magica (魔法少女まどか★マギカ). Exciting times lie ahead!
blkmage

Postby Tamachan319 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:55 pm

blkmage (post: 1433710) wrote:Music: Yuki Kajiura (Kara no Kyoukai, .hack//SIGN, My-HiME)

I absolutely love her music, so even if the series is totally horrible, the music will be amazing.

Now I'm very interested!
[font="Comic Sans MS"]"You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me."
-C. S. Lewis[/font]
"MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll."
According to EllaEdric, my real name is.... "TAMAMAMAMAAMMAAM".

[font="Courier New"]
I love my flute![/font]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Tamachan319

Location: Someplace, somewhere. I'm specific about these things, you see.

Postby Falx » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:44 am

Woah.

And with Ume Aoki it probably won't be full of unneeded fanservice! Wait I saw that on subwire... *goes to add to alert list*
Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

神はそのひとり子を賜わったほどに、この世を愛して下さった。それは御子を信じる者がひとりも滅びないで、永遠の命を得るためである.

My MAL Profile. Please check out my Dad's Christian eBook on Facebook.
Falx

Postby AnimeGirl » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:22 pm

A magical girl series with music by my all-time favorite soundtrack composer Yuki Kajiura? That spells "awesomeness" right there!!!
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

Let's make an AMV together!

Kokoro no Uta The thoughts of an aspiring mangaka (yeah...this is my blog >.>)

Ooh look! I have fanfiction! YAY!!!!!!!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sevencandlesticks
If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds - Pslam 147:3
AnimeGirl

Postby blkmage » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:24 pm

Some guy by the name of Makoto Shinkai is making a movie called Hoshi wo Ou Kodomo. According to the movie's website, a trailer is coming out on November 9.

In case you were interested or something.
blkmage

Postby Falx » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:30 pm

Ooooh
Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

Falx

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:46 pm

...Who?
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby Falx » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:26 pm

Falx

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:49 am

Never heard of him.

*exit sarcasm mode*

...Falxy...do we really know each other so little?

TheSubtleDoctor

Postby Falx » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:15 am

No I actually confused him for the Summer Wars director at first and then went into helpful mode to overcompensate :D

Falx

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:57 pm

Falx (post: 1435243) wrote:went into helpful mode to overcompensate :D
I do, non sarcastically, appreciate your earnest helpfulness, sir. =)
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby blkmage » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:54 pm

http://meta.yahoo-streaming.jp/webevents/yahoo/movies/hoshi-o-kodomo/trailer01_1m.asx

The scenes look very Ghibli, except with the trademark Shinkai skies; also the bit of TENMON music.
blkmage

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:18 pm

Man, if this is as sad as 5cm/s I might lose like any shred of optimism I have left.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby blkmage » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:41 pm

Here's a better video, in one thousand eighty peas: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDCh1kpHvRk

But man, that piano piece at the end is going to be 。・゚・(ノД`)・゚・。

Guess I'll be listening to my Makoto Shinkai Project Promise CD tonight.
blkmage

Postby Falx » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:36 pm

Mardock Scramble looks like it has promise.

Falx

Postby blkmage » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:38 pm

Yeah, I've seen people talk about it, but I wasn't entirely sure what it was until I saw that commercial that gg kindly left in one of their shows.
blkmage

Postby Falx » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:35 am

It's not really anime, but it is an adaptation of one.

This could be terrible, but then again it's Sam Raimi.

Falx

Postby blkmage » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:59 am

Did you think Black★Rock Shooter ended off a bit unsatisfactorily? Well, news from AFA indicates that they're making more.
blkmage

Postby CrimsonRyu17 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:36 am

blkmage (post: 1436912) wrote:Did you think Black★]

Nope.

blkmage (post: 1436912) wrote: Well, news from AFA indicates that they're making more.

YEEEEEEES.
CrimsonRyu17

Postby Falx » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:59 am

It definitely left room for more, and I'm dying to see some of the other BRS characters like Strength.

Falx

Postby blkmage » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:39 am

Welp, it turns out someone got misinterpreted and there is no official announcement of BRS2. Oh well. Well, here's another FMA movie.
blkmage

Postby Atria35 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:57 am

blkmage (post: 14371190) wrote:Well, here's another FMA movie.

I.... I.... What?! While that's rather exciting, I'm so scared that it's not going to be good.
Atria35

Postby blkmage » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:00 pm

A few things.

Hayate the Combat Butler is getting a theatrical movie produced by Manglobe. Interestingly enough, this'll be the third studio that's worked on a Hayate the Combat Butler anime (the other two being SP Synergy and JC Staff). It looks like it'll be about the Athena arc.

More interestingly is ufotable working on a new TYPE-MOON project. Could it be a Tsukihime anime? lololololololol

Finally, here's a new and fairly substantial PV for the new PA Works show.
blkmage

Postby Falx » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:56 pm

It looks great.

It looks like it will be a comedy/drama.

Falx

Postby Atria35 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:59 am

One of my friends on another board got a hold of the spring 2011 chart early, and this was on it. I'm so totally watching it.
Atria35

Postby AnimeGirl » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:06 pm

blkmage (post: 1437119) wrote:Welp, it turns out someone got misinterpreted and there is no official announcement of BRS2. Oh well. Well, here's another FMA movie.

I hope it has a better ending than Shambala!!!
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

Let's make an AMV together!

Kokoro no Uta The thoughts of an aspiring mangaka (yeah...this is my blog >.>)

Ooh look! I have fanfiction! YAY!!!!!!!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sevencandlesticks
If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds - Pslam 147:3
AnimeGirl

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews