New Anime Announcements

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:40 pm

AnimeGirl (post: 1443778) wrote:I hope it has a better ending than Shambala!!!
While we don't know what it will be doing, it would be pretty hard to make a movie worse than Shambala.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby blkmage » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:44 pm

It's an original sidestory that apparently has something to do with batpeople or flying monkeys or something.
blkmage

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:50 pm

Do we know when it's set? Is it while they're looking for the Philosopher's Stone before the beginning of the series, or is it after the end?
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby AnimeGirl » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:50 pm

Mr. Hat'n'Clogs (post: 1443806) wrote:While we don't know what it will be doing, it would be pretty hard to make a movie worse than Shambala.

I liked it actually XD!!! I just wish the ending was better (fanfiction time :P)
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

Let's make an AMV together!

Kokoro no Uta The thoughts of an aspiring mangaka (yeah...this is my blog >.>)

Ooh look! I have fanfiction! YAY!!!!!!!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sevencandlesticks
If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds - Pslam 147:3
AnimeGirl

Postby Fish and Chips » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:38 am

Mr. Hat'n'Clogs (post: 1443810) wrote:Do we know when it's set? Is it while they're looking for the Philosopher's Stone before the beginning of the series, or is it after the end?
Opening shot in the teaser makes me think this could be sometime during volume one, but it could just be a nod.
Fish and Chips

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:35 am

So, I haven't seen anything on here about the film trilogy based on Osamu Tezuka's Buddha. The first movie, which looks like it's based on the first English volume (the numbering w/ the Japanese release is different), opens in Japan on May 28.

Considering the source material is my absolute favorite manga, I am very excited and a little scared =).

Here is the official site. There is a link to a trailer on the top left.
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby blkmage » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:42 am

Last time, we were left with two mystery TYPE-MOON projects. The first is Girl's Work, originally announced as a visual novel, but vanished into the ether. It will be animated by ufotable. Note that we still have yet to see a release of Mahou Tsukai no Yoru, the other announced visual novel.

More exciting is the announcement of the Fate/Zero anime, also animated by ufotable. Fate/Zero is a light novel by Urobuchi Gen that is a prequel to the events of Fate/stay night, following the events of the Holy Grail War that took place ten years before F/sn in which Emiya Kiritsugu took part.
blkmage

Postby Fish and Chips » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:09 am

blkmage (post: 1445511) wrote:More exciting is the announcement of the Fate/Zero anime, also animated by ufotable.
blkmage (post: 1445511) wrote:Fate/Zero anime
YES.

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES.

I am only kind of excited for this.
Fish and Chips

Postby blkmage » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:15 am

BONES is producing another mecha show, Towa no Kuon (トワノクオン).
Staff
Director: Iida Umanosuke
Assistant Director: Mori Takeshi
Series Composition: Nemoto Saizo
Character Design & Animation Director: Kawamoto Toshihiro
Concept Design: Izubuchi Yutaka
Design Works: Takeba Shingo ("Eureka Seven")
SFX Director: Nakamura Yutaka
Main Staff:
Mizubata Kenji (mecha design of "Xam'd: Lost Memories")
Saito Tsunenori (animation director of "Eureka Seven: Pocket Full of Rainbows")
Yoshioka Tsuyoshi (mecha animation director of "Wings of Rean")
Production Studio: BONES

The director, Iida Umanosuke, passed away last November. He was the director for the latter half of the 08th MS Team OVA, which is one of my favourite Gundam things.
blkmage

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:11 pm

In other news which no one here cares about but me,[quote="Funimation"]Flower Mound, Texas – January 3, 2011 — FUNimation® Entertainment and Toei Animation Co., Ltd. have entered into an agreement giving the American anime leader exclusive rights to the U.S. and Canadian online streaming of the studios’ signature animated series “Dragon Ball Z.â€
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby blkmage » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:58 am

noitaminA just did a live stream event and revealed most of the shows they were going to broadcast for the year.

January
Fractale and Wandering Son (Hourou Musuko) we already knew about; go read the winter 2011 thread.

April
C is an original anime from the guy that did Mononoke and Trapeze. There's a PV on the official website.
Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai (Anohana) is an original anime project by A-1 Pictures from the Toradora team. There's a PV up at the website.

July
Bunny Drop (Usagi Drop), based on the manga by the same name, will be produced by Production I.G.
No. 6 is an adaptation of a novel by the guy who wrote the Telepathy Shoujo Ran novels and will be produced by BONES.
blkmage

Postby MightiMidget » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:57 am

I have a question. Does noitaminA do the animation? Or just pay for it? Or...what? I'm still fuzzy on what company does what, and not sure where else to ask.
MightiMidget

Postby blkmage » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:15 am

noitaminA is the name of the Fuji TV timeslot (Thursdays 24:45-25:45 JST).

In other news, Fate/Zero is a TV series set to air later this year.

Also in a hilarious turn of events, the 3rd episode of Gundam Unicorn is being pushed back a month because too many people pre-ordered it.
blkmage

Postby MightiMidget » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:26 am

Ahha! Okay, thank you. :)
MightiMidget

Postby blkmage » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:33 am

GONZO has risen from the grave to bring its first anime production in two years. What exciting title could they possibly be animating?

Nyanpire.

It's based on a small doujinshi that's spawned a ridiculous amount of character goods. It certainly seems like something they're capable of doing. Also, not gonna lie, but I think Date Masamunya seals it for me.
blkmage

Postby Falx » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:14 am

what.
Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

神はそのひとり子を賜わったほどに、この世を愛して下さった。それは御子を信じる者がひとりも滅びないで、永遠の命を得るためである.

My MAL Profile. Please check out my Dad's Christian eBook on Facebook.
Falx

Postby ChristianKitsune » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:24 am

blkmage (post: 1451554) wrote:GONZO has risen from the grave to bring its first anime production in two years. What exciting title could they possibly be animating?

Nyanpire.

It's based on a small doujinshi that's spawned a ridiculous amount of character goods. It certainly seems like something they're capable of doing. Also, not gonna lie, but I think Date Masamunya seals it for me.

Not gonna lie, I'm a little weirded out at where the cross is...positioned on that black cat... Dx

This doesn't really look like something the Gonzo I'm used to do would do... lol. But I guess they gotta rebuild somewhere, and a cashcow probably isn't a bad start...

But man, if that cute little face isn't hyp...not...ic. O^O
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby blkmage » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:11 am

Congratulations, I guess enough DVDs of the OVA got sold for them to justify the creation of a Tamayura TV anime.
blkmage

Postby Atria35 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:03 pm

blkmage (post: 1453588) wrote:Congratulations, I guess enough DVDs of the OVA got sold for them to justify the creation of a Tamayura TV anime.

My prayers were answered.
Atria35

Postby blkmage » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:12 pm

Dear Fish and Chips,

The second season of Tobaku Mokushiroku Kaiji will begin airing on April 5, 2011.

Regards,
blkmage
blkmage

Postby Fish and Chips » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:15 am

blkmage (post: 1454757) wrote:Dear Fish and Chips,

The second season of Tobaku Mokushiroku Kaiji will begin airing on April 5, 2011.

Regards,
blkmage
Fish and Chips

Postby mechana2015 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:30 am

Dude is... C about... math? Or stocks?

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:37 pm

TheSubtleDoctor

Postby Fish and Chips » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:30 am

TheSubtleDoctor (post: 1456094) wrote:Dear Fish and Chips,

I wish I could see your face when you open this.
ANN wrote:"[A] new series of Last Exile [with] new story, [main] characters, and mechanical designs" for 2011.
Actually, this could turn out pretty okay since my biggest problems with the original Last Exile were the story and characters.

I'm sure Gonzo will still botch the execution, but it's a start.
Fish and Chips

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:31 am

Oh man. Buried in that article is the following statement:
In portions of the interview posted last week, [Leji Matsumoto] added that his new project, Zero Desigze, will be an anime released this year.
Wow. Super excited about this.
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:44 am

In news that will make many people happy: Natsume's Book of Friends Gets 3rd TV Anime Season.[quote="ANN"]The April issue of Hakusensha's LaLa magazine is announcing on Thursday that the third television anime season based on Yuki Midorikawa's Natsume Yū]
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby blkmage » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:36 am

Unless Brain's Base starts doing two shows a season, it's looking like they've got their lineup set for the rest of the year: Dororon Enma-kun Meeramera in Spring and Kami-sama Dolls in Summer, which leaves Natsume Yuujinchou for Fall.
blkmage

Postby blkmage » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:02 pm

So they're making a new Aquarion. I guess that means I should watch the first one. Hopefully, we'll get another anison that will last forever out of it (ICHIMANNEN TO NISENNEN MAE KARA AISHITERUUUUUUUUUU).
blkmage

Postby blkmage » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:41 am

Oh, so I missed something about Towa no Quon. Apparently, it was announced a while back that it's actually a six-movie theatrical release. To refresh everyone, Towa no Quon is an original mecha anime produced by Bones and was directed by Iida Umanosuke, who did the latter half of The 08th MS Team.

Official website is up now too. Premieres June 18 in Japan.

Totally looking forward to it.
blkmage

Postby Cadence » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:44 pm

Does anyone know if there is an official air date for Kamisama Dolls yet? It looks like Natsume 3 is slated for summer, so...yeah.

Also, this news isn't really news anymore, but I'm super excited that Kimi to Boku is getting an anime adaption.
"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6
Cadence

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews