New Anime Announcements

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby Juliannesan » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:40 am

blkmage (post: 1498634) wrote:This is pure unfounded speculation on my part, but it could just be a warmup for a TV anime that covers the Jinchuu arc.

Oh goodness, I hope so!
ImageImage
Juliannesan

Postby blkmage » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:35 pm

If you, like me, refuse to buy the recent re-release of 5 Centimeters per Second on DVD because it's in standard definition, then you will be pleased to hear that a "Global Edition" BD will be released in Japan on November 18. This means that we'll finally be able to own a glorious 1080p version in English. Not only that, but it'll come with Voices of a Distant Star and She and Her Cat.

Video: 1080p MPEG4-AVC
Audio: English stereo (2.0ch), Japanese surround (4.0ch)
Subs: English, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin, Thai, Indonesian, Italian, Spanish, German, Portugese, Arabic
Bonuses (all 4:3 SD): Director interview (English sub), Voices of a Distant Star (English sub and dub), She and Her Cat (English sub)
¥6825 MSRP, ¥5051 on Amazon.co.jp (for now)

Very tempting.
blkmage

Postby Falx » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:36 pm

Waitwaitwait... a DVD in Japan that's priced using Earth logic!?

My word.
Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

神はそのひとり子を賜わったほどに、この世を愛して下さった。それは御子を信じる者がひとりも滅びないで、永遠の命を得るためである.

My MAL Profile. Please check out my Dad's Christian eBook on Facebook.
Falx

Postby Midori » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:37 pm

I'm a little late posting, but I'd like to say I'm super excited about the coming Black Rock Shooter anime, although I'm a bit worried it won't live up to my expectations, because BRS has some very special meaning to me. The OVA was short and not quite what I expected, though I liked it overall, so let's see what the TV anime will do.
Midori

Postby Midori » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:43 pm

I'm a little late in posting this, but I gotta say, I'm super excited about the coming Black Rock Shooter anime, although I'm worried it won't live up to my expectations, since BRS has a very special place in my heart. The OVA was shortish and not quite what I expected, though I liked it overall, so we'll see what the TV anime does.
Midori

Postby Falx » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:45 am

I'm waiting to see which studio it is before I get either happy or sad about it.
Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

Falx

Postby Falx » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:39 am

So apparently after making a whopping $10 million at the Japanese box office, a second movie of Gintama has been announced.

Falx

Postby Crossfire » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:47 pm

Falx (post: 1499178) wrote:So apparently after making a whopping $10 million at the Japanese box office, a second movie of Gintama has been announced.

This made my day. Here's to hoping it won't be a rehash of one of the TV arcs.
Crossfire

Postby blkmage » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:53 pm

Falx (post: 1498918) wrote:I'm waiting to see which studio it is before I get either happy or sad about it.

People are guessing Ordet because of the meta tags on the website. The more hilarious question is whether or not Yamakan will be returning to direct it.
blkmage

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:09 pm

Apparently Yamakan said on his twitter that this is not his project.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby blkmage » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:13 am

blkmage

Postby Neane » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:38 am

PIRATE ASUKA!!!!!!!!!

Also, I have not yet seen anything here about the new Dragon Age 2 Anime Movie.
Neane

Postby Falx » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:41 am

Big Bossuka!

Falx

Postby Maokun » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:14 am

urgh, over one year from now? I was expecting it in spring so maybe it would be available in english by fall. :( 2013 is it, then.

[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][color="YellowGreen"]There is no point to lessons that don't bring with them pain. People cannot gain anything without sacrificing something, after all.
But once you have successfully endured that pain you will gain a heart that's stout enough not be overcome by anything. Yeah, a heart made fullmetal. [/color]
-Edward Elric[/SIZE][/font]
Maokun

Postby blkmage » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:43 am

While we're waiting for Kizumonogatari to hit theatres some time next year and then wait even more for the BD release, a pleasant surprise has emerged this morning on Nico Nico Live. The next NisioisiN anime project is going to be Nisemonogatari.

In case you were confused, Kizumonogatari is a prequel to Bakemonogatari about how Arararararararararagi met Kiss-shot Acerola-orion Heart-under-blade. Nisemonogatari is a sequel to Bakemonogatari, containing the Karen Bee and Tsukihi Phoenix stories. Yes, the cast and staff are all the same, so look forward to more text and kanji play and production issues.

It will begin airing January 2012.
blkmage

Postby Maokun » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:30 am

yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes

[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][color="YellowGreen"]There is no point to lessons that don't bring with them pain. People cannot gain anything without sacrificing something, after all.
But once you have successfully endured that pain you will gain a heart that's stout enough not be overcome by anything. Yeah, a heart made fullmetal. [/color]
-Edward Elric[/SIZE][/font]
Maokun

Postby Falx » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:48 am

Also it seems there is going to be a Toradora OVA.

Falx

Postby blkmage » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:41 am

Winter 2012.
blkmage

Postby Cadence » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:04 am

Yay! I've been waiting for this since they announced Kimi to Boku was being split between fall and spring. This year has been a happy one for me and anime.
"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6
Cadence

Postby Juliannesan » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:44 am

what show is that from?
ImageImage
Juliannesan

Postby Atria35 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:19 am

Juliannesan (post: 1505906) wrote:what show is that from?

THat's Natsume from Natsume's Book of Friends
Atria35

Postby Juliannesan » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:29 am

Ah okay. Thanks! :)
ImageImage
Juliannesan

Postby AngelicTotoro » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:45 pm

Falx (post: 1504616) wrote:Also it seems there is going to be a Toradora OVA.

[SIZE="5"]O[/SIZE]O[SIZE="5"]O[/SIZE] [SIZE="4"]!?[/SIZE]
S-S-seriously...? I mean, is it going to be a recap thing or is it... Afterstory???
(Please let it be epilogue!)
The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul; He guides me in paths of righteousness For His name's sake. Even though I walk though the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy rod and Thy staff, they comfort me. Thou dost prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; Thou hast anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows. Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. Psalm 23
AngelicTotoro

Postby blkmage » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:25 pm

Medaka Box, the manga that Nisio Isin is writing, is getting a split two-cours anime.
blkmage

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:29 am

Kenji Kamiyama of GitS:SAC and Eden of the east fame announced his new project.
CrunchyRoll News wrote:In an online simul-streamed announcement, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex and Eden of the East director Kenji Kamiyama revealed that his next project is an update of Shintaro Inshonomori's team of fugitives sci-fi, Cyborg 009.
Alright! Yay-us! Whoooo!
CrunchyRoll News wrote:The 3D film, titled 009 Re:Cyborg is scheduled to hit Japanese theaters in 2012.

I just died a little inside.
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby blkmage » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:56 pm

Yamakan is making another anime and it is about the Tohoku earthquake.

Apparently because From Up on Poppy Hill was that good.
blkmage

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:20 pm

Well, that was a short retirement.
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby blkmage » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:33 pm

As I'm sure you can imagine, 2ch and /a/ are having a ball with this one.
blkmage

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:38 pm

All hail the juggernaut, Funico:[quote]North America’s anime leader, FUNimation® Entertainment and the world’s premier video networking website, niconico.com, announced today that they are forming a partnership that will begin with the simulcast of several of the newest anime series debuting in Japan this fall. All simulcast episodes will be available at http://www.niconico.com/anime .

The companies are forming a joint effort where both companies will be contributing to the acquisition of new anime titles from Japan.

“Our goal is to simulcast top-notch anime. It’s an ambitious plan but one in which we are investing heavily,â€
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby blkmage » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:09 pm

TheSubtleDoctor (post: 1510635) wrote:Mirai Nikki DVD release? Thanks much, guys (comment revocable if series goes to crap).

[SPOILER]It does.[/SPOILER]
blkmage

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews