the bible anime

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

the bible anime

Postby lain » Thu Jun 12, 2003 9:24 am

are any of you familiar with masamune shirow? I heard he has animated some bible stories. is this true.
lain

Postby Gypsy » Thu Jun 12, 2003 9:37 am

Hmm, well I don't know for sure, but I'm inclined to doubt it Some of his other works (Appleseed, Ghost in a Shell) while they are well-known animes, both lack content and ideals that are remotely Christian, so I guess I wouldn't understand it if he really did animate some Bible stories. So, in answer to your question, no, it's probably not true. Btw, welcome to CAA.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Aibou » Fri Jun 13, 2003 12:16 pm

Hmm.. I only know of a project done by Osamu Tezuka.. The father of anime.. Astroboy, Metropolis... etc.

It is called IN THE BEGINNING... 25 VHS's up to the birth of Jesus Christ.. including only 26 episodes..?! :)

Through the Italian National Broadcasting Network, Tezuka Osamu received an ardent request from the Vatican to make the Bible into animated form. This request was probably made to see how the Bible would be depicted by the non-Christian Tezuka Osamu. Tezuka Osamu accepted the request and spent an entire two years to complete a pilot film. It was about the mythology of Noah's ark, with the enthusiastic Tezuka Osamu not only writing the scenario but also drawing pictures by himself. During production, however, he unfortunately passed away, so Director Dezaki took over the film and completed it.

Maybe this is what you've been looking for.

Rightstuff: http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/znZlYFzqq9BcgO5I9n/browse/category/4/1006/12

Official site: http://en.tezuka.co.jp/
http://en.tezuka.co.jp/anime/sakuhin/ts/ts022.html
//HBNU Creations// - Webmanga in the works!
//My DeviantArt// - Check my art ;D
//Everlasting// - My LiveJournal.
Aibou

Postby Straylight » Sat Jun 14, 2003 8:15 pm

Wow, that is so unbelievably cool. :)
Hopefully it doesn't deviate too much :/
[align=center]
Banner above created using my avatar generator tool.
You know you want try it.
Straylight

Postby Aibou » Sun Jun 15, 2003 8:04 am

Come on... think positive :)

Now all the splendor, majesty and excitement of the Old Testament are captured in the award-winning animated series, In the Beginning. From the Story of Creation through the Birth of Jesus, these twenty-five masterfully produced episodes are accurately portrayed through the skills of an international team of renowned animators.

In The Beginning was the last creation of the late Osamu Tesuka, the renowned Japanese animator often called the "Walt Disney of the Orient." To ensure Biblical accuracy, an international team of Old Testament experts were consulted. Be one of the first to enjoy this inspirational and informative collector's series, created for children of all ages and affordably priced.

Righstuff.com

I want it :sweat:
//HBNU Creations// - Webmanga in the works!
//My DeviantArt// - Check my art ;D
//Everlasting// - My LiveJournal.
Aibou

Postby Enrico Maxwell » Sun Jun 15, 2003 8:41 am

I remember seeing a number of these a few years ago on EWTN, when I was first exposed to anime. I was quite impressed with the storytelling and the animation. I encourage anyone who's interested to seek them out.
Gird thy sword upon thy thigh, O most mighty, with thy glory and thy majesty. And in thy majesty ride prosperously because of truth and meekness and righteousness; and thy right hand shall teach thee terrible things. Psalms 45:3-4
Enrico Maxwell

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews