Review Requests

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby pyro_moogle » Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:24 pm

Thanks. I wanted to buy it but I was not sure if it was appropriate.
[{ Waste of Paint }]
pyro_moogle

Postby Gypsy » Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:53 am

Hey guys, I'm going to be stepping out for a week because of Air Omega (see my post in the prayer request section). Keep the review requests and submissions coming, and I'll take care of them next Monday, ok? Thanks!
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Nasu-ne » Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:20 pm

Tokyo Mew Mew
"Laughing in the Rain...."
Nasu-ne

Location: In a home where my mom loves me and I know God does too and where I know I always be safe because He

Postby Jeikobu » Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:02 am

I think it's important that we have a review of Evangelion.

I'd also like to see Chobits and Wolf's Rain reviews.
"For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; and the government will rest on His shoulders; and His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace." - Isaiah 9:6

[SIZE="3"]Please give and help Japan during this awful time![/SIZE]

Please visit my Photobucket and tell me what you think!
Jeikobu

Postby Retten » Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:34 am

hmmm I could do Wolf's Rain subbed version if anyone wanted me to I got the whole series :)

formerly WhiteBlaze
Retten

Postby Namelessknight » Sat Nov 06, 2004 8:34 am

I would appreciate a review of "Geneshaft" and "GunParade March". They sounded like very intriguing shows, and since they have come out in perfect collections, they are cheap[er]. But can't find any kind of content review. Thanks alot....
His Strength was as the Strength of Ten, for His Heart was Pure

My blog=[url=elfenknight.blogspot.com]Knightly Ruminations[/url]
Namelessknight

Postby Kireihana » Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:27 am

I'm sure FullMetal Alchemist has already been mentioned, but I'd like to see a review of that. ^^
Kireihana

Postby Kesshin » Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:46 am

I wouldn't mind seeing a review for Read or Die (when you have time, that is, Gypsy :sweat: ).
"Consider the lilies of the field. They neither sew nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed as one of these. If God so clothes the grass, which is in the field one day and cast into the oven the next, how much more will he clothe you, o ye of little faith?
-Luke 12:27-28

-CAA's official writing shinobi.

"Mostly I write action/adventure, and while I dislike romance, I seem to end up doing it and I've been told I do so well. To that I give a cliche "Feh.""
-uc pseudonym
Kesshin

Postby ZiP » Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:24 pm

I would like to see a review of blue seed maybe.
--To Write Love on Her Arms

"That time and absence proves - Rather helps than hurts to love."

"Feelings, emotions, they are good, but they cannot be Love's foundation. When of Love, these things last. When of romance, these things end."

"Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get, it's what you are expected to give -- which is everything."
ZiP

Postby Cedahlia » Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:59 pm

I'd like to see a review of Arc the Lad, but I don't think many people have seen it. ^^;
Cedahlia

Postby Namelessknight » Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:00 pm

I would also respectfully request a review of Argentosoma. Thankyou very much....
His Strength was as the Strength of Ten, for His Heart was Pure

My blog=[url=elfenknight.blogspot.com]Knightly Ruminations[/url]
Namelessknight

Postby Gypsy » Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:03 pm

ZiP wrote:I would like to see a review of blue seed maybe.

I can write that one personally, ZiP. And Kesshin, I can also write one up for ROD the movie. Did you mean the movie or the TV show?
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Kesshin » Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:31 pm

The movie; I didn't know there was a TV show. Hmmm.... Anyway, thank you, Gypsy. ^^
"Consider the lilies of the field. They neither sew nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed as one of these. If God so clothes the grass, which is in the field one day and cast into the oven the next, how much more will he clothe you, o ye of little faith?
-Luke 12:27-28

-CAA's official writing shinobi.

"Mostly I write action/adventure, and while I dislike romance, I seem to end up doing it and I've been told I do so well. To that I give a cliche "Feh.""
-uc pseudonym
Kesshin

Postby Doubleshadow » Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:55 pm

I don't know if these have been suggested, I've just noticed they aren't there and weren't in the posts I reviewed.

Crest of the Stars/ Banner of the Stars
Silent Mobius
Betterman
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby Cap'n Nick » Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:13 am

I just noticed that there are no reviews present or pending for my current favorites, Twin Spica and Child's Toy. I would be happy to write these if no one else plans to do so.
Cap'n Nick

Postby Android raptor » Thu Nov 18, 2004 6:40 pm

I would like a review of Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS team, please. I want to know what other people think about it^^
Android raptor

Postby juvey » Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:10 pm

Has anyone seen Spiral? I didn't see a review for it; it's relatively new. If anyone's seen it, can you please write a review, or pm me? Thanks. ^^
[color="gray"]I cried out, "I'm slipping!" and your unfailing love, O Lord, supported me. When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer. -Psalm 94:18-19[/color]
Image Image Image
juvey

Postby Gypsy » Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:20 am

Cap'n Crack wrote:I just noticed that there are no reviews present or pending for my current favorites, Twin Spica and Child's Toy. I would be happy to write these if no one else plans to do so.

Well, we don't have any pending reviews for them, so write away if you so wish!
Gypsy

Postby Kenshin17 » Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:26 am

This one would like a reveiw of Chrono Crusade. :)

I want to see if my take on it is accurrate.
A nightingale in a golden cage
That's me locked inside reality's maze
Come someone make my heavy heart light
Come undone, bring me back to life
It all starts with a lullaby
Kenshin17

Postby Gypsy » Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:36 am

I can do a running review of it [Chrono Crusade] if enough people want. I didn't start watching the series until it was released here, so fansubs are out for me for this title. :sweat: But I would be happy to write up a dvd-by-dvd review for now, and just keep updating the review as they're released. Would that be helpful?
Gypsy

Postby Kenshin17 » Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:40 am

Yes thanks. :)
Kenshin17

Postby Kenshin17 » Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:41 am

Sorry for the double post. :)
I hate dial up. :mutter:
Kenshin17

Postby Roy Mustang » Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:49 am

Android raptor wrote:I would like a review of Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS team, please. I want to know what other people think about it^^

If you still need a review of Gundam 08th MS Team. Let me know and I will pm you later tonight about it.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby Gypsy » Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:59 am

That'd be awesome, Wingzero. We could really use one, and I've only seen the Toonami version. You've seen the entire, uncut series, right?
Gypsy

Postby Roy Mustang » Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:57 pm

Gypsy wrote:That'd be awesome, Wingzero. We could really use one, and I've only seen the Toonami version. You've seen the entire, uncut series, right?

I have seen all uncut other then the frist two eps. I miss the frist two eps, when I saw it and I have seen all of there others since I have have the list disk at home.

Note: I have only listen to the dubs on this one and untill I can get the other dvd's, I have to wait on listen to the sub to see if it is good or better then the dub.

I would feel better if I wanted me to do a review for the the board that I need to get all of the disks frist. I do know what was cut out of the in the edited one that I haven't seen as well as the ones that I have seen.

Note: this is why I feel that I would be better if someone just wanted to know the base stuff on the this anime and what cut for them one that was showed on TV.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby Fireproof » Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:32 am

Fullmetal Alchemist for sure.
:rock:
Fireproof

Postby agasfas » Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:29 pm

Someday's Dreamers if at possible. I've read a few reviews from like animeondvd and etc.. but I'm still unsure what to think.
"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine.." Prov 17:22

The word 'impossible' isn't in my dictionary... but I don't really have a dictionary you know? - Eikichi Onizuka.
Sorry, but I stop being a teacher at 5 o'clock. - Eikichi Onizuka.
agasfas

Postby MyrrhLynn » Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:27 pm

Gypsy wrote:I can do a running review of it [Chrono Crusade] if enough people want. I didn't start watching the series until it was released here, so fansubs are out for me for this title. :sweat: But I would be happy to write up a dvd-by-dvd review for now, and just keep updating the review as they're released. Would that be helpful?

[quote="juvey"]Has anyone seen Spiral? I didn't see a review for it]
Aww man if only I wasn't so lazy. :forehead: Lol, I've seen Spiral and Chrno Crusade, but uhh... don't know if I would qualify to write a review. (aka I am too lazy :sweat: ) I can say that Spiral is pretty clean, there are a few deaths (and blood), but no nudity as far as I remember.

Chrno Crusade well. :\ Probably don't want to hear my opinion on that show as it's not a positive one.

:x:Anti Yaoi Fans :x: Daystar Design :x: MyrrhLynn.NET :x: Need an avatar? Then Click here!

"Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES."
MyrrhLynn

Postby Mangafanatic » Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:55 am

MyrrhLynn wrote:Aww man if only I wasn't so lazy. :forehead: Lol, I've seen Spiral and Chrno Crusade, but uhh... don't know if I would qualify to write a review. (aka I am too lazy :sweat: ) I can say that Spiral is pretty clean, there are a few deaths (and blood), but no nudity as far as I remember.

Chrno Crusade well. :\ Probably don't want to hear my opinion on that show as it's not a positive one.

AS long as your Chrno review is honest, I'd want to hear it. What good is a review if we only have flowers-and-candy positive reviews. You should write one. (And I'd love to see a Spiral review since that's being released stateside in the near future! You can do it MyrrhLynn! ;)
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Gypsy » Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:22 am

Your reviews would be welcomed and very helpful MyrrhLynn, but you don't have to write one if you really don't want to. While a complete review of Chrono Crusade would be awesome, I really don't mind doing a play-by-play one.

Here's a tip to any reviewer - be completely objective in the review part (if you're not, I will be for you), make a couple spaces, and then add in your own personal comments part. I seperate them when I enter reviews.
Gypsy

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews