What is something that you hate in anime/otaku culture?

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

What is something that you hate in anime/otaku culture?

Postby Sir Scaravich » Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:53 am

Based on the title, what are parts of the anime/otaku culture that makes you go rabid and feel distaste in your mouth? I'll start mine.

I am sick and tired of the perverted-ness that appears in almost all anime, manga, Japanese games, etc. And that irritates me the most, like why can't I enjoy something fun without ANY fan-service?! Sigh... It is just annoying that some authors do that at times...
Sir Scaravich

Re: What is something that you hate in anime/otaku culture?

Postby Furen » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:33 am

The thing that drives me nuts is when there's the elitest "you didn't enjoy the media the way you're supposed to enjoy the media" mentality. Subs vs dubs. Which dub company. Who is the right voice actor. What the side stories do that take away or add to the main story. If your choice in anime is deemed inappropriate by others and you have to be cautious about which ones you watch (within reason of course. Some are inappropriate and sinful to watch). Let people enjoy the stuff they're watching and let them use it to critically examine their lives OR just enjoy life.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews