1st Semi-Annual Advent: Dawn Art Contest

Win the competitions and get free cookies! (sorry for lame description, perhaps Ink can come up with a better one)

1st Semi-Annual Advent: Dawn Art Contest

Postby Michael Lance » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:44 am

*** 1st Semi-Annual Advent: Dawn ***
*** Art Contest ***
Attention, Adventurers!

The first semi-annual Advent: Dawn Art Contest has begun!

Now, this contest is not just for participants of Advent: Dawn - this contest is for anyone looking for something new to try, as the contest revolves entirely around original characters, created by myself and other participants of Advent: Dawn.

As this is the first contest, I'll start out with something relatively simple (in comparison to other ideas I've had, that is XP ). Anyways, here are the parameters for the first contest:

Artistic Style: Tite Kubo's "Bleach". If you need references, Google images of "Bleach" and its characters (e.g. Ichigo, Rukia, Chad) and go off of those. Anyone not following this artistic style can still submit their entries, but you are more likely to win if you do follow it.

Characters: Any characters that have been created or introduced into the story (see "Advent: Dawn" in the RPs Thread, and/or "Advent: Dawn - A reboot of The Great Event" in the New RPG Ideas Thread). Draw any one(s) you want, posing however you want, wearing whatever you want. The only request I have is this: if you draw Michael Lance, keep his left eye hidden from view in some way. Other than that, feel free to express yourself! If you need more reference material, PM the creator of the character you need references for.

Setting: Again, anything will do. There's really no restrictions for this, so go wild!

Theme: This is a little something I'm adding just for this contest. Pick a song of your choice (something without explicit lyrics, if you please) and submit it along with your picture. Again, this is not mandatory, but you'll have an advantage if you choose to do so. Also, bonus points for including a character whose theme is the same as the one you picked.

And finally, one last rule for you to follow: have fun! The whole point of this contest is to see who can have the most fun putting their own spin on a new idea. So go at it, and have a blast!

Any questions? Comments? Random statements? PM me! I promise I won't bite-- well, not too hard, at least.

Deadline is 3 months from today. The winner will have their picture added to the official Advent: Dawn concept art gallery!

Sincerely,
The Mysterious Michael Lance.
M-I-C-H-A-E-L

spell it right, or don't spell it at all.

@)}~`,~

Thank you, for all you do for us.

that awkward moment when you go to see who's online, and someone else is already looking at the members list...
Michael Lance

anyone there?

Postby Michael Lance » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:44 pm

Well, there's still about a month left to submit your entries. Still waiting to see some entrants first, though... >.>
M-I-C-H-A-E-L

spell it right, or don't spell it at all.

@)}~`,~

Thank you, for all you do for us.

that awkward moment when you go to see who's online, and someone else is already looking at the members list...
Michael Lance

Re: 1st Semi-Annual Advent: Dawn Art Contest

Postby SilverToast » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:13 pm

It sounds fun but I can't do it since I'm busy with school. I would do it if I had more free time though.
SilverToast

Postby Michael Lance » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:13 pm

My RP seems to have disappeared without a trace during the forum updates. Anyone still participating will have to ask questions and submit their entries here until the thread(s) can be found and re-instated.
Michael Lance

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:38 pm

Michael Lance wrote:My RP seems to have disappeared without a trace during the forum updates. Anyone still participating will have to ask questions and submit their entries here until the thread(s) can be found and re-instated.

So, just trying to understand here. If we're going to keep going, then we'll have to do the stuff here? Also, I recently checked out your Advent Theory page, and am certainly interested in joining. It would be really cool, to see an rpg I was in become a game, something I helped create. My question is: how can I join in, and how are we going to continue Advent: Dawn?
Wolfsong

Postby Michael Lance » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:28 pm

Wolfsong,

To answer your question, Advent: Dawn is going to be continued as a closed-group project, with work pertaining to the project being submitted to the Advent Theory message board (hosted by ExcoBoard.) As for joining, you can sign up by clicking "Register" at the top of the home page, and submitting your information. I will admit you once I have seen your registry submission and you have verified your user name (PM me to let me know once you've signed up.) The location, avatar, signature and homepage boxes can all be left blank, and you can choose to be invisible to other users if you want.

Once you've been verified, go ahead and get to work whenever you're ready!

Sincerely,
the Mysterious Michael Lance
Michael Lance

Return to Art Contests