July Original Character Contest

Win the competitions and get free cookies! (sorry for lame description, perhaps Ink can come up with a better one)

July Original Character Contest

Postby soul alive » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:37 pm

:EDIT: Since this got moved to the gallery, posts are not allowed for some reason. ^^; Sorry for the inconvenience everyone. For now, post in the art contest submission gallery here: http://www.christiananime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=75
Make sure to title your submission something along the lines of 'July 2007 character contest submission ____'

Thanks!

--

Shao Feng-Li and I would like to announce the topic for this month's Original Chraracter Contest:

Fantasy / Mythical Creature(s)

Your creature can be anything - a completely original creature or one based on historical myth, humanoid or animal, whatever you choose.

--

The rules are the same as always. You need to submit a picture, or a link to a picture, as well as a character description and history. All submissions need to be made in this thread by the end of the 31st of July.

Jaden Mental will be judging the entries at the end of the month.

--

Good luck, have fun, and be creative!

--

:edit: and if a mod could move this to the Art Contest forum, that would be fantastic/!
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:35 pm

Should I bump it?
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Maledicte » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:36 pm

Yay! I need to start getting into these contests.
Maledicte

Postby Animus Seed » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:44 pm

Hmmm... unfortunately I don't have a scanner, but this one sounds fun...
Kyrie eléison.
Animus Seed

Postby bakura_fan » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:46 pm

Well I hope this counts. I drew this little guy when i was 13. He's one of the mythical creatures in my story. ^^, i've never been in these contests before, but i figure this guy should be in this one. Sorry about the bad quality. no scanner so i had to use my digital camera.

http://img455.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00660zu8.jpg

This is a Pompher. Pompher's are the cutest little rodents on the planet. They are about 4-6 inches tall. Pompher's have a pouch on their stomache where they store their extra food. Sometimes a Pompher can be seen scooping food with one paw into it's mouth and scooping more food into it's pouch with it;s other paw. ^_^ They come in two colors. The most common is the brown and creame(pictured), with the most rare being the black and white. The black and white are not rare due to lack of births, they just seem to stand out more to predators. Typically the Pompher has it's young in the late winter. They build their dens underground. They feed their young with the food stores that they have collected all year. Then in the spring the babies are ready to come out into the world and learn how to forage for seeds. I can not stress this enough, Pompher's love to eat seeds. However, some seem to like eating them too much. Sometimes a Pompher can get so caught up in eating that it won't notice a human approaching (or a predator). Unfortunately because it's tail tends to resemble a dandilion, young children tend to grab their tails by mistake. ^_^; However, Pompher's have not bitten a human, elf, yuiel, etc. in the entirity of their history. They are quite docile and are kept as pets (think hamsters or rats for us). When a Pompher is not too intent on eating, it will run from any danger or sound. It's natural predators are Dreman's (small dragons) and Trontins (wolf like creatures with 5-10 tails) who start off by feeding them to their pups. Sadly, Pomphers were thought to have been extinct due to the overpopulation of Wentzin (elk like creatures with long straight horns). The Wentzin would trample many of the Pomphers to death. However, since the majority of wentzin have been caught and raised by humans, the reappearance of Pomphers has been a welcome sight. Pomphers also used to serve as messengers between the fairy tribes Leind and Hein. However, since the destruction of the Hein village, the fairies use for Pomphers has decreased drastically.

:sweat: Well how was that? Hope it was interesting. I'll finish my book someday...I promise! no really. I will. :lol: I just had to go back an rewrite it that's all. =_= i still wish i could finish it. geesh you'd think7 years would be enough...
:angel:

[color=DeepSkyBlue] "He lives in you. He lives in me. [/color]He watches over everything we see.
Into the water. Into the truth. [color=Yellow][color=DeepSkyBlue]In your reflection, He lives in you." - He lives in you chorus[/color][/color]
"Slow, love, slow. Time's so fast. Now goes quickly, see Now it's past!
Soon will come, Soon will last. Wait." [color=Yellow]- Wait (sweeney todd) [/color]

[align=center]My art page.

[align=center]Married to swordguy
:hug:

[/align]
[/align]
bakura_fan

Postby Animus Seed » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:49 pm

How many times can we enter?
Kyrie eléison.
Animus Seed

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:35 am

There, now we can use this thread, heh. I think it'll be fine to keep posting entries in the gallery area though, ne?
Shao Feng-Li

Postby soul alive » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:18 am

I think so. Cross-posting a link to your entry thread wouldn't hurt though. ^_^
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:02 am

Shao Feng-Li

Postby Dante » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:17 pm

Ok, so I once tried to create a ninja Monkey Contest for the draw Moley Contest made by Peanut. Problem was that Peanut had two characters he used in RPs, one named Mauli and the other named Moley. Mauli was an old sea-captain gone ultra cool covert ops agent ninja monkey, moley was for the goof-off RP wars which I wasn't really a part of at that period and to the best of my knowledge is an actual mole who is also a spy kind of mole if you know what I mean. Anyways, as a result of my lack of observation, my drawing of what I thought Mauli might look like was disqualified and so I figured I'd give him another shot!

Original Character: Mauli
Race: Ninja Monkey/Sea Captain (It takes a special breed of monkeys to like being stuck in an oversized tuna can far beneath the ocean!)

History: Commander Mauli is in charge of most major Ninja Monkey naval operations in the modern world. A brilliant strategist, Mauli is also well adapt at hand to hand combat (especially considering his feet double as hands) and prefers to win his battles through wit and genius rather than sheer force. At the same time, it is rumored that Mauli may also be a member of the mysterious dark hand or the secret organization that has managed rule the goings on in the world through slight manipulations of what we consider the normal world.

Even greater than his secret double life as a world ruler, Mauli may also have defeated a famed supercomputer named PEANUT in a game of Go-Fish. Granted these are only rumors and the statement is purely speculative. Further, PEANUT could not be reached to either confirm nor deny reports of this event. But if it is true, it could make Mauli the greatest Ninja Monkey of all history as Go-Fish is the most important social determining attribute of their society and thus possibly OUR world!

Sadly however, Mauli is presumed dead after leading a resistance against the evil dicator PASCAL, (Yet another supercomputer) in an attack on the New Siberian Islands or the Neverwhen complex. But his attack allowed the Imperial forces to have a chance at pushing back the massive armadas that PASCAL had built and made a crucial blow into the depths of the mysterious complex and all that was held within.

Nonetheless, there have been rescent suggests that Mauli (often along with Elvis) have been sighted driving along costal regions of the New URS (United Remnent States)! However, these reports are also unconfirmed and there sources (often via telephone) failed to be found and were later determined not to exist by the government. Thus the fate of Mauli appears to be concluded.
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Jingo Jaden » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:20 pm

Pascal, I have seen that image somewhere on CAA before........ but where? *Correct me if I am wrong*
Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Postby Dante » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:56 pm

Yes JM, from the post itself:

Ok, so I once tried to create a ninja Monkey Contest for the draw Moley Contest made by Peanut. Problem was that Peanut had two characters he used in RPs, one named Mauli and the other named Moley. Mauli was an old sea-captain gone ultra cool covert ops agent ninja monkey, moley was for the goof-off RP wars which I wasn't really a part of at that period and to the best of my knowledge is an actual mole who is also a spy kind of mole if you know what I mean. Anyways, as a result of my lack of observation, my drawing of what I thought Mauli might look like was disqualified and so I figured I'd give him another shot!

Thus it was drawn for another contest in which it could never have even been entered to begin with do to Peanut naming his character names far too close (AKA Mauli and Moley).
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Maledicte » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:45 am

I tried uploading my submission to the gallery but it started acting all wonky. Sorry if I messed anything up! /-_-;;

Name: Souta
Height: 5'10"
Race: Please bear with me, I haven't come up with a name for it yet
Abilities: capable of growing three extra sets of arms; remarkable agility and speed; poisonous bite

In a world dominated by humans, Souta is a member of a humanoid race bred for their ability to take on the characteristics of animals, via ingestion or injection of said animal's DNA. This accumulation of characteristics can only take place while the humanoid is 5-10 years of age, otherwise they remain flatnosed, pale-skinned, upright-walking creatures with unusually large eyes. These "failures" are used to give birth to more, or are killed.

These creatures are bred for illegal fighting. They are trained mercilessly, injected with various combinations of DNA in hopes to create the ultimate organic fighting machine. Apart from fighting and training, they are cut off from any other living being.

While still in transit from one breeder to another, through accident or fate, Souta was bitten by a spider and ingested human blood. By the time he reached his new breeder, it was already too late to alter his composition. With an untried, kind trainer and an easily-amused master, Souta not only makes the use of his unusual heritage in battle, but in relation to the human race as well.

He is a freak amalgamation of three different races. Or is he the savior of a great people long kept in captivity by the humans, as he believes himself to be? Either way, lots of people want him dead...

------

Was that a bit too dramatic? ^^;
Maledicte

Postby Esoteric » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:59 pm

Whoa...nice picture! Souta looks very Hindu...and scary! I sure wouldn't want to have to fight him....
Esoteric

Postby Jingo Jaden » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:48 pm

Since it is the dawn of a new month, here is the final score.

Pascal, you win at the bio/history/personality section. And nearly won on the best artistic background design.

Sirthinks2much - You win at the the 3 other main competition areas. Best technical submition, best aristic and background design.

Quite a pair of great submitions, Sirthinks2much, you will recive a pm shortly, congratulations! :D
Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Postby Dante » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:27 pm

Congratulations Sir Thinks 2 much! Look forward to next months contest!
FKA Pascal
Dante

Return to Art Contests