March 2007 Original Character Design Contest!

Win the competitions and get free cookies! (sorry for lame description, perhaps Ink can come up with a better one)

March 2007 Original Character Design Contest!

Postby Dante » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:59 pm

March 2007 Original Character Contest

Instructions:
--"All we need is a drawing of the character and a brief biography describing the background of the character and the situation. "

TOPIC:The Nobel Prize.

Entries must be in by Midnight March 30, 2006 Norway Time (so don’t wait till the last minute). The basic idea is to draw your character with something in the picture that relates to their eventual winning of the Nobel Prize. It can be the environment, an object, a piece of clothing or more than one thing. Further, it can be both abstract or concrete (AKA, you could draw a scientist floating in a brilliant space scene, or a literature winner walking in the realm of a fantastic novel)

NOTE: Nobel Prizes are awarded each year for the following subjects so the variety of topics is fairly wide. In this way I hoped not to restrict the subject matter, and (just because I believe one should be given :P) if you feel so inclined you can actually add mathematics to the list.

1. PHYSICS
2. CHEMISTRY
3. LITERATURE
4. PEACE
5. PHYSIOLOGY OR MEDICINE
6. ECONOMICS

(No I did not place Physics at the top of the list because I’m a physicist, that’s simply the order Wikipedia placed them in)

Entries are to be judged by Jaden Mental on the following four categories:

Most Creative Design
Most Creative Background
Best Creative Technical Design
Most Exciting Bio/Personality/History of the Main Character

P.S. I will not be officially entering the contest this month in the interest of fairness (Because I created the idea for the contest). However, I hope the topic is the source of great inspirational ideas, and I look forward to meeting all your future Nobel Laureates! GAMBATTE and may your imaginations overflow with grand ideas!

Thank you and the best of luck!
Pascal

O_O That was my 300th post on CAA that didn't have anything to do with goofing off!

* Could a Moderator Please move this to the Art Contest Forum? *
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Jingo Jaden » Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:28 pm

Hmmm, funny that. I live in Norway. And the resturant besides the main noble prize building is named Pascal.

At any rate, this looks fun, hope you all make great entries :D
Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Postby Yumie » Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:36 pm

Ah, sounds like a fun theme. . .
Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Be Thou my battle Shield, Sword for the fight;
Be Thou my Dignity, Thou my Delight;
Thou my soul’s Shelter, Thou my high Tower:
Raise Thou me heavenward, O Power of my power.

Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.

High King of Heaven, my victory won,
May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heaven’s Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.
Yumie

Postby ShadowCat » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:59 pm

I will enter. o.o/!
ShadowCat

Postby soul alive » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:08 pm

Interesting topic, Pascal. I should hopefully be able to enter this month, as spring break falls in the middle *woot*
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Dante » Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:48 pm

Glad to hear so many people wanting to draw things for the competition! (Is extactic about the potential for entries) Hmm... my attempts at trying to create an image so far have been messed up by lack of artistic vision at the moment (even though I'm not entering I hope to create a drawing none the less).

Pascal
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Dante » Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:42 am

It’s done! I’ve finally completed it! As I said before, this isn’t an entry for this month’s contest as I am not going to enter it. However, I did make up a character with a story that relates to the theme seen below. I hope you like her!

Pascal

: Anashi Skysong started out her life at a New York City fire station when her mother was terrified at the prospect of raising a child and dropping out of school and her father ignored the event all together. However, even though her biological mother and father left her, she was not long abandoned as a she was soon adopted by a Native American couple living far beyond the city limits. Her fascination with nature was observed from an early age, and Anashi loved to seek out different insects, stare at the stars in the sky and watch the waters of the local stream flow in it’s rush to the ocean. Her parents encouraged her and helped to nurture her love of science with academic texts and small kits appropriate for her young age. However, it was this very love that placed her in a certain amount of danger, and after sneaking out to the roof to watch a violent lightening storm one night, she found herself struck by one of the bolts leaving her near dead on the ground at age eight. Her parents, frantic and agonizing over the recent turn of events, were able to quickly call for a helicopter to retrieve the girl whose fate lie with a hope and a prayer. :

: But she lived. However… it was at a difficult price. Anashi was made blind by the lightening strike and had complete and total visual loss. Consumed by darkness, Anashi felt that she could no longer seek the things that once brought her so much pleasure. But with each day, her parents worked to try and bring a smile back to her face and repair that which was far worse the flesh wound. Yet something amazing would happen in the years to come. As she left the hospital and returned to the crystal clear skies of the reservation, she glanced upward towards the heavens and did catch a glimpse of a vast glimmering sea, even that which looked like the center of the milky way galaxy. The world around her even had an odd glow and seemed to resonate the works of something more then mere flickers of her imagination. Indeed, it was the form and chromatic vision of dark energy and dark matter which permeated her new vision. A sight from which she was able to slowly adapt and eventually thrive as a potent powerful scientist of great vision, in more ways than one. However, through it all, it was her love, her parents and her perseverance which would one day earn her the title of Nobel Laureate, even if it was her papers on the nature of dark matter and dark energy that were the envy of the scientific world. :
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Esoteric » Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:40 am

Verrry Cool, Pascal. Even if it's not an official entry, it's awesome! I hope it inspires some more people to enter...sadly I'm too busy on something else right now....
Esoteric

Postby soul alive » Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:48 pm

Awesome job, Pascal.

I'm really busy right now, so I have no idea if I'll be able to enter or not - but there is still a week left, so if I have a moment, I'll sure try.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Dante » Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:18 pm

Best of luck everyone and thank you for the comments! COME ON I KNOW WE HAVE NOBEL PRIZE WINNING ARTISTS OUT THERE... Well, at least some CAA art contest winners until the prize is created :P. That would be cool though, a Nobel Prize in art! :)
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Jingo Jaden » Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:17 am

Alright, there has not been that many entries in either competitions this year. *Probably due to hectic school period.* So I will take on responsebility to create the April Original character contest. Pascal thank you for setting up this contest and your picture will be applied to when we are going to take every entry from each month to jugde the best entry of the year- *If we will ever do that it is* :)
Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Return to Art Contests