April Coloring Contest 2006!

Win the competitions and get free cookies! (sorry for lame description, perhaps Ink can come up with a better one)

Postby Kuro-Mizu » Thu May 04, 2006 6:34 pm

COngrats LQ your version was awesome!
CAA does the FACE!
ImageImageImage
Formerly Known As Vernhal
//My Devart\\//My Sheezyart\\
Kuro-Mizu

Postby the_lizardqueen » Fri May 05, 2006 10:22 am

Wow O_o

Thankee, I am really very very shocked ^^;
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Fri May 05, 2006 1:48 pm

Congrats LQ! You're entries are always so awsome!
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Linksquest » Sun May 07, 2006 10:12 am

Congrats to my LQ conterpart! XD
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

I give props to these ANIMEs/MANGAs: GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES, AZUMANGA DAIOH, MONSTER, SAILOR MOON SERIES, AKAGE NO ANNE, BOTTLE FAIRY, MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO, HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE, PARANOIA AGENT, YAKITATE!! JAPAN, UTAWARERUMONO, KANON, FULL MOON WO SAGASHITE, & YOTSUBA&!

LINKSQUEST's PASSIONS are: READING (especially books by authors: Lois Lowry, L.M. Montgomery, Ray Bradbury, C.S. Lewis) WRITING, SINGING, ACTING, COMPOSING, PIANO, PHOTOGRAPHY, ART, COOKING, MYST series, ZELDA series,OLD TIME RADIO , New Time Radio, SPANISH, LANGUAGES, and the list goes on.
Unlucky Secret Bump Thread Member #13

"WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT ENERGY BILLS!"
Linksquest

Postby RubyJewelStone » Sun May 07, 2006 5:26 pm

Congratulations! Great submissions. =^.^=
RubyJewelStone

Postby the_lizardqueen » Sun May 21, 2006 10:31 am

So...I'm thinking there isn't going to be a contest for this month, but will there be one for June? *crosses fingers*

If need be, I could probably dig out some lineart and help organize it. Just offering ^^
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

the_lizardqueen

Postby Kuro-Mizu » Sun May 21, 2006 1:47 pm

hey i love giving my lineart up for usage... and i always have some! Im willing to suplly lineart again (I really want to see what Esoteric can do with it.. hehe) so yah!
CAA does the FACE!
ImageImageImage
Kuro-Mizu

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Sat May 27, 2006 5:20 pm

Umm...when is the next contest, and how may I partake?
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
Phantom_Sorano

Postby Esoteric » Sun May 28, 2006 7:47 am

Hopefully Scribs will announce a new one soon. They usually pop up in the general forum before being moved here, so keep your eyes open. All you have to do to participate, is color a copy of the artwork provided and post it in the thread before the deadline. You can color it anyway you like and Scribs picks the winner at the end of the contest. That's it. Hope you join in!
Esoteric

Postby Kuro-Mizu » Sun May 28, 2006 11:36 am

actually... scribs isn't gonna be running a contest for awhile... I guess.. I sent him some lineart he could use for it and this was his reponse-

Orignally posetd by scribs:

Thanks for the line art, but I am actually taking a bit of a break from CAA, so there probably wont be another contest for a while.

-Scribs

I asked him if I could run a contest... but yah he never got back to me... and I highly doubt he will.. but together we could run one.. couldnt we?

here is some lineart we could use (same lineart I sent to scribs) I would actually like to have it used Cuz I have never seen my lineart colored by esoteric and I really want to! Plus I always love seeing what all of you can do!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CAA does the FACE!
ImageImageImage
Kuro-Mizu

Postby Esoteric » Mon May 29, 2006 7:05 am

Vernhal wrote:actually... scribs isn't gonna be running a contest for awhile...

I asked him if I could run a contest... but yah he never got back to me... and I highly doubt he will.. but together we could run one.. couldnt we?

Go for it, Vernhal! I don't think anyone cares who runs it, besides, it's already changed hands once before. Start a contest thread and see what happens.

:thumb:
Esoteric

Postby Kuro-Mizu » Mon May 29, 2006 3:47 pm

Actually LQ is prolly already taking over... I think.. I shall pm her!
CAA does the FACE!
ImageImageImage
Kuro-Mizu

Postby the_lizardqueen » Mon May 29, 2006 8:41 pm

Vernhal wrote:Actually LQ is prolly already taking over... I think.. I shall pm her!

I'm in charge? *checks PM box*

...Whoa. Cool! ^^

It's definitely a temporary fix for the summer. Once I'm back at school I'll probably end up dropping off the face of the planet again. But I guess there's three potential coloring contests between now and then, so I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

I'm a little concerned about judging though. I'm infamous among my friends and family for analyzing things to death and waffling over decisions. Ah well though, any possible judging is still a month off. So I'll freak out about it later ^^;

Guess I'll try firing up a June Contest thread on Thursday the First. Ack! Must figure out lineart! That is a very excellent drawing Vernhal, I love the quality of the linework and the hair is so lovely and feathery ^^ My only possible concern is the absense of convoluted details and clothing, then again, that could leave it more open to interpretation which typically leads to really varied entries-

*is already being all waffly about decisions*

Uh...whaddya think Eso? ^^;

Edit: Oo, yes. I just remembered. I do intend to continue coloring the linework for each contest. I guess I'll just count myself out if I end up judging too O_o

the_lizardqueen

Postby Esoteric » Tue May 30, 2006 6:54 pm

(PMs LQ)
Esoteric

Previous

Return to Art Contests