December Photo Contest!

Win the competitions and get free cookies! (sorry for lame description, perhaps Ink can come up with a better one)

December Photo Contest!

Postby Scribs » Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:52 pm

This Months Theme: Fire. (don't start your own in innapropriate places- Campfire=good / Arson=Bad.)

Entrys Due December 30th.

Same Rules as always, no editing other than resizing, 2 entrys per person, you know the speil.

Last month was our most popular photo contest yet! Lets exceed it this month!

(If a mod could move this to the contest forum, it would be much apreciated, Thanks)
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Scribs » Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:54 pm

I think this sank befor many people could see it. Could someone move it to the Contest area? Thanks.
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby glitch1501 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:02 pm

hmm, i always say ill enter, but i am either too lazy or forget about it....ill enter this month...maybe..

Glitch's Photostream

He wants them to learn to walk and must therefore take away His hand; and if only the will to walk is really there, He is pleased even with their stumbles.

Healing hands of God have mercy on our unclean souls
once again. Jesus Christ, Light of the World, burning
bright within our hearts forever. Freedom means love
without condition, without beginning or an end. Here's
my heart, let it be forever Yours, only You can make
every new day seem so new.
Every New Day - On Distant Shores - Five Iron Frenzy

Nail pierced hands they run with blood
A splitting brow forced by the thorns
His face is writhing with the pain yet it's comforting to me
Passion - Kutless
:thumb:
glitch1501

Postby kaji » Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:49 pm

Hmmm, fire.... Thanks for the heads up Scribs, I look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with this month. ^_^
Depend on it. God's work done in God's way will never lack God's supply. He is too wise a God to frustrate His purposes for lack of funds, and He can just as easily supply them ahead of time as afterwards, and He much prefers doing so.
- J. Hudson Taylor
I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?" "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet. You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times." It was all true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach. He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kaji

Postby Yumie » Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:07 pm

FIRE! I LOVE FIRE!

Too bad I don't have any pictures of it :(. Man, when I was in the Dominican Republic, there was this one night when they were burning the sugar cane fields a few miles off in the distance-- from the balcony where I was standing you could just see these huge squares of fire that were probably about a mile high or so. One of the girls in our group had a really expensive camera and she tried forever to get a good picture of it, but it was just one of those things that you couldn't capture. I wish we'd been able to though, I would have submitted it!
Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Be Thou my battle Shield, Sword for the fight;
Be Thou my Dignity, Thou my Delight;
Thou my soul’s Shelter, Thou my high Tower:
Raise Thou me heavenward, O Power of my power.

Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.

High King of Heaven, my victory won,
May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heaven’s Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.
Yumie

Postby kaji » Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:24 pm

Indeed, fire can be very hard to capture in a good picture, as it is either too light out to get a good picture, or its too dark that the fire overpowers anyother lighting, casting the surroundings into darkness and shadow.

But thats just the way fire is, and Im sure you guys will find a way to make it all work for some really cool pictures. ^_^
Depend on it. God's work done in God's way will never lack God's supply. He is too wise a God to frustrate His purposes for lack of funds, and He can just as easily supply them ahead of time as afterwards, and He much prefers doing so.
- J. Hudson Taylor
I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?" "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet. You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times." It was all true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach. He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kaji

Postby Sam*ron » Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:03 pm

I... *Clenches chest* shall... try! ... Im not makin any promises though.. >_>;;
Thank you Admins & Mods - @)}~`,~
Sam*ron

Postby soul alive » Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:42 pm

*eyes the Christmas candles her mother has set out* bwa-hahaha.

I shall definately be playing with my camera's super close-up feature. Whether anything worthwhile comes out has yet to be seen, but fun shall surely be had either way. :evil:
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby soul alive » Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:40 pm

Sorry to double post.

Had fun with said Christmas candles yesterday, and happily, had several pictures turn out, the one below was the best, imo.

The other picture is not a serious entry, just the giant fire from the pile of tumbleweeds that my family spent Christmas picking out of the fence (much fun *rolls eyes* but the fire was cool).

And don't let me win by default, guys! I wanna see some other entries! Please?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby White Raven » Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:31 am

soul alive wrote:Sorry to double post.

Had fun with said Christmas candles yesterday, and happily, had several pictures turn out, the one below was the best, imo.

The other picture is not a serious entry, just the giant fire from the pile of tumbleweeds that my family spent Christmas picking out of the fence (much fun *rolls eyes* but the fire was cool).

And don't let me win by default, guys! I wanna see some other entries! Please?

Ok here you go soul alive.
I know next to nothing about the camera I took these with.
And I’m not serious about taking pictures, but I do love fire! :dance: :rock:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
formerly known as ILoveArt

My Deviant Art

Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic. Dave Barry

bigsleepj wrote: Unfinished stories never leave you, nor do they fester. They only grow better, like wine locked away in a deep dark cellar, waiting for you to bottle it and bring it to the light.
White Raven

Postby Scribs » Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:15 am

Wow! Those are great pictures you two! Keep those entrys coming! If you think you can get entrys in, but they will be late, just tell me and I will extend the deadline for you.
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby soul alive » Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:39 pm

ILoveArt wrote:Ok here you go soul alive.
I know next to nothing about the camera I took these with.

And I’m not serious about taking pictures, but I do love fire!
Yeah! More pictures. Very nice, I like the first one.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

soul alive

Postby Scribs » Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:24 am

Well there wern't too many entrys this month, but those that were entered were excellent! The winner of this months photo contest is:

Soul Alive's Bonfire Picture

Congratulations, and I hope more of you join the January contest.
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby PigtailsJazz » Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:02 pm

....is there a January photography contest?....
PigtailsJazz

Postby kaji » Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:52 am

Congradulations Soul Alive! Last month was a hard one, but you did a good job.

Now, a new year, and a new photocontest. Any ideas for the theme Scribs?
- J. Hudson Taylor
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kaji

Postby Scribs » Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:14 am

Well, I wasnt sure if I would start one up this month because of the lack of entrys last month, but if people are interested I have a rather loose idea of a theme. Since there are a few people asking I will start the new contest up sometime today.
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby kaji » Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:53 am

Thanks Scribs. I think last month may have just been a really hard one (or we are just too lazy...). Anyway, thanks for starting a new one. ;)
- J. Hudson Taylor
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kaji

Postby Scribs » Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:05 am

Yeah, I was afraid of that. People probably dont get pictures of fire too often. My bad.
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby soul alive » Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:07 am

Thanks guys.

Looking forward to this month's contest.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

soul alive

Postby PigtailsJazz » Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:08 am

me too! I'm totally going to enter this month! ^_^
PigtailsJazz

Postby kaji » Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:21 am

Did the new photocontest start yet and I just didnt notice it?
- J. Hudson Taylor
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kaji

Postby Scribs » Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:22 am

I set it up a while back, and I am pretty sure it got moved to the correct board, so it should be there.

Edit: I guess it never got moved, I will go find it and bump it.
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby kaji » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:51 pm

Cool, thanks Scribs. :thumb:
- J. Hudson Taylor
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kaji

Postby bakura_fan » Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:06 pm

wow. I had the perfect pic for this one too. I posted it in the art forum awhile ago. it was a photo my dad took when we went to williamsburg. they were doing an old rifle demonstration and my dad took the pic just as the flint ignited in the back. it was sooo cool. I keep forgetting about these contests too...
oh well.
:angel:

[color=DeepSkyBlue] "He lives in you. He lives in me. [/color]He watches over everything we see.
Into the water. Into the truth. [color=Yellow][color=DeepSkyBlue]In your reflection, He lives in you." - He lives in you chorus[/color][/color]
"Slow, love, slow. Time's so fast. Now goes quickly, see Now it's past!
Soon will come, Soon will last. Wait." [color=Yellow]- Wait (sweeney todd) [/color]

[align=center]My art page.

[align=center]Married to swordguy
:hug:

[/align]
[/align]
bakura_fan

Return to Art Contests