November Photography Contest!

Win the competitions and get free cookies! (sorry for lame description, perhaps Ink can come up with a better one)

November Photography Contest!

Postby Scribs » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:39 pm

Yes, it is that time again, time for the start of a new photo contest. (Could a mod please move this to the contest area? Thanks)

What is this month’s theme? Water.
It covers the majority of the earth’s surface, 2/3 of your body consists of it and you need to consume large quantities of it in order to survive, so it shouldn’t be too difficult to get a picture of it, now should it?

Deadline? The 22nd should do nicely. So sometime on the 23rd I will attempt to get it judged.

Rules? You must take the picture yourself. You must not use any photo editing software to touch it up or crop it (proper centering of the subject is important for good photography.) You are allowed to use photos that you have taken prior to the start of the contest, so long as they follow the other rules.

What are the criteria for judging? I am not sure actually. I am going to try and find someone who is somewhat qualified in the field of photography to judge it. If not I will find a competent unbiased source to judge. Just try to get a good, clear, well focused picture.

Ok, that’s about it! Enjoy the contest!

Edit: Sorry, forgot to mention, you are allowed to have 2 entries per person.
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby White Raven » Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:17 pm

Gasp! Scribs what have you done with Olorc?
Do you need help with your evil plot?
LOL Go Scribs.
formerly known as ILoveArt

My Deviant Art

Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic. Dave Barry

bigsleepj wrote: Unfinished stories never leave you, nor do they fester. They only grow better, like wine locked away in a deep dark cellar, waiting for you to bottle it and bring it to the light.
White Raven

Postby Scribs » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:24 pm

Yes, Olorc is very busy nowadays, and he has handed the contest off to me. He does however still run the coloring contest, which I urge you all to enter if you can.
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Yeshua-Knight » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:22 pm

well, i guess i should stop by my local beach then, i just hope my mom won't mind givin' me a ride out there, count me in!!
'nuff said
Yeshua-Knight

Postby glitch1501 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:12 pm

sounds good :) i kinda got lazy last contest and didnt submit anything

Glitch's Photostream

He wants them to learn to walk and must therefore take away His hand; and if only the will to walk is really there, He is pleased even with their stumbles.

Healing hands of God have mercy on our unclean souls
once again. Jesus Christ, Light of the World, burning
bright within our hearts forever. Freedom means love
without condition, without beginning or an end. Here's
my heart, let it be forever Yours, only You can make
every new day seem so new.
Every New Day - On Distant Shores - Five Iron Frenzy

Nail pierced hands they run with blood
A splitting brow forced by the thorns
His face is writhing with the pain yet it's comforting to me
Passion - Kutless
:thumb:
glitch1501

Postby Yumie » Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:31 pm

OK, question: Is the main focus of the picture supposed to be the water? Or can it just be an awesome pic so long as it has a noticeable amount of water in it?
Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Be Thou my battle Shield, Sword for the fight;
Be Thou my Dignity, Thou my Delight;
Thou my soul’s Shelter, Thou my high Tower:
Raise Thou me heavenward, O Power of my power.

Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.

High King of Heaven, my victory won,
May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heaven’s Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.
Yumie

Postby Reba » Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:22 pm

i think im gonna try to do it

[SIZE="1"]A blue, black shade of love.

Sent from above.

[align=center]My hands are tied to worlds
alone,
And this I know.
Your breath's like wine,
And just like clouds, my skin crawls.
It's so divine, the sky it glows with fields of light.
Did you know that I love you?
Come and lay with me.
I love you.
And all this day, I will love you.
You make me feel alive,
and I'll love you
Until the end of time.[/SIZE][/align]
Reba

Postby Scribs » Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:12 pm

The focus does not have to be on the water, as long as there is water in the picture.
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby indyrocker » Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:09 pm

well I guess that this is where I make my first submision.

so here it is!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Indyrocker aka the user fomaly known as Agentsmith700

my remixes --> http://www.purevolume.com/irishangel
my Xanga--> http://www.xanga.com/indyrocker
A member of the Society of Hatted Members

adopted by Rachel
Adopted Banana-chan, heero yuy 95

There are no more heroes any more they all died in the night that the world fell into darknes; and good men are trampled down into the dirt never to be seen again. This is the story of this world of ours the story of the corupt and those that would try to save it from them but become corupt themselfs from their own selfish greed and want for what they do not have.
indyrocker

Postby soul alive » Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:39 pm

Ooh, this should be interresting. Question, though: water in any form? As in, does snow count? ^^;;; (It snowed a foot last night and I took some pictures that I would love to use if snow counts... )
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Scribs » Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:50 pm

Yeah, snow is water based so that would count. Glad to have you in the contest again.
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby soul alive » Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:27 pm

^^ Glad to be back. The photography contest I actually have time to participate in. And yes! Snow counts. *runs off to get pictures*
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby olorc » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:56 am

thanks for taking this thread scribs. ya college is taking it's toll on what i have time for. actually i think i will enjoy being a participant in this contest more than running it.
btw, are you still upholding the 2 entries per person rule? or is it just one per person now?
Run the race so as not to be disqualified from the prize.
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
olorc

Postby olorc » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:59 am

here is an entry
Run the race so as not to be disqualified from the prize.
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
olorc

Postby VashTheStampede » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:01 pm

oo oo, snow counts? yes! I'm gonna dig up one soon!
I felt Your hands move mine aside, as those nails were driven down [[color=Gold]†][/color]
"There is a time for everything. A season for every purpose under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1

~Do not have feelings of animosity and resentment towards the depressing times in your life, but turn to God in praise for the days He gives you. Along with the times of joy He blesses you with, also come the times of hardship. For how can one reach for the stars without darkness?~

"Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good." Romans 12:21

"And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love." 1 Corinthians 13:13

"But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed." Isaiah 53:5 (NIV)

Digitally Imported Radio<-~-~Love Techno?~:cool:
Myspace!<--PM me for info if you wanna add me:sweat:
VashTheStampede

Postby Scribs » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:19 pm

Oh, forgot to mention that, thanks Olorc, you still are allowed two entries a piece.
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Roy Mustang » Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:09 pm

You must take the picture yourself. You must not use any photo editing software to touch it up or crop it (proper centering of the subject is important for good photography.)

I have a question. You can't use editing software to resize the pic right. My pics are over 2 to 3 MB long and I haven't been able to post them on the board or get them on photo web pages, because the files are so long.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby Linksquest » Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:35 pm

olorc wrote:here is an entry

*GASP*!

I LOVE IT!!!
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

I give props to these ANIMEs/MANGAs: GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES, AZUMANGA DAIOH, MONSTER, SAILOR MOON SERIES, AKAGE NO ANNE, BOTTLE FAIRY, MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO, HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE, PARANOIA AGENT, YAKITATE!! JAPAN, UTAWARERUMONO, KANON, FULL MOON WO SAGASHITE, & YOTSUBA&!

LINKSQUEST's PASSIONS are: READING (especially books by authors: Lois Lowry, L.M. Montgomery, Ray Bradbury, C.S. Lewis) WRITING, SINGING, ACTING, COMPOSING, PIANO, PHOTOGRAPHY, ART, COOKING, MYST series, ZELDA series,OLD TIME RADIO , New Time Radio, SPANISH, LANGUAGES, and the list goes on.
Unlucky Secret Bump Thread Member #13

"WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT ENERGY BILLS!"
Linksquest

Postby Scribs » Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:40 pm

I have a question. You can't use editing software to resize the pic right. My pics are over 2 to 3 MB long and I haven't been able to post them on the board or get them on photo web pages, because the files are so long.

Wingzero22

Resising for the sake of making it small enough to post is fine. It doesnt change the picture, it simply makes it smaller.
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Entry 1

Postby Linksquest » Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:48 pm

Here is my first entry!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

I give props to these ANIMEs/MANGAs: GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES, AZUMANGA DAIOH, MONSTER, SAILOR MOON SERIES, AKAGE NO ANNE, BOTTLE FAIRY, MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO, HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE, PARANOIA AGENT, YAKITATE!! JAPAN, UTAWARERUMONO, KANON, FULL MOON WO SAGASHITE, & YOTSUBA&!

LINKSQUEST's PASSIONS are: READING (especially books by authors: Lois Lowry, L.M. Montgomery, Ray Bradbury, C.S. Lewis) WRITING, SINGING, ACTING, COMPOSING, PIANO, PHOTOGRAPHY, ART, COOKING, MYST series, ZELDA series,OLD TIME RADIO , New Time Radio, SPANISH, LANGUAGES, and the list goes on.

Linksquest

Postby soul alive » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:53 pm

Alrighty, here are my two submissions. It snowed a foot tuesday morning, so I ran around my building taking pictures, I ended up taking about 80 in all, but these were two of my favorites.

Good luck everyone in the contest.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

soul alive

Postby Linksquest » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:07 pm

soul alive wrote:Alrighty, here are my two submissions. It snowed a foot tuesday morning, so I ran around my building taking pictures, I ended up taking about 80 in all, but these were two of my favorites.

Good luck everyone in the contest.

I really like the berry one!

do you have a digital camera?
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

Linksquest

Postby indyrocker » Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:00 pm

I cam across another good one that I shall submit actualy from the same area as my other one. Gota love mornings befor all the boats get out on hte water.
Indyrocker aka the user fomaly known as Agentsmith700

my remixes --> http://www.purevolume.com/irishangel
my Xanga--> http://www.xanga.com/indyrocker
A member of the Society of Hatted Members

adopted by Rachel
Adopted Banana-chan, heero yuy 95

There are no more heroes any more they all died in the night that the world fell into darknes; and good men are trampled down into the dirt never to be seen again. This is the story of this world of ours the story of the corupt and those that would try to save it from them but become corupt themselfs from their own selfish greed and want for what they do not have.
indyrocker

Postby soul alive » Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:54 pm

Yeah, I have a digital camera. I loves it, it's a lot of fun to play around with. And I can take 80 pictures and only have 10 turn out and spend nothing to figure that out. ^^. My picture last month was taken with a Vivitar SLR that is now dead T_T I miss it.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

soul alive

Postby Scribs » Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:14 pm

Very nice pics everyone! Keep those entrys coming!
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Roy Mustang » Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:50 pm

Scribs wrote:Resising for the sake of making it small enough to post is fine. It doesnt change the picture, it simply makes it smaller.

Now if I can remember how to resize pics in photo shop, I will be all set. :shady:

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby soul alive » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:16 pm

In photoshop, click 'Image', then 'Image Size'; then a window should pop up, in it switch the upper boxes that say 'pixels' to 'percentage' and resize the picture from there. Should work... that's what I do.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

soul alive

Postby kaji » Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:56 am

Wow, LQ, that was a simply amazing picture. The color, the action... Just wow. Great job!
Depend on it. God's work done in God's way will never lack God's supply. He is too wise a God to frustrate His purposes for lack of funds, and He can just as easily supply them ahead of time as afterwards, and He much prefers doing so.
- J. Hudson Taylor
I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?" "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet. You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times." It was all true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach. He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kaji

Postby MyrrhLynn » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:32 pm

For some reason I feel slightly evil entering this pic. :grin: I was just looking to see if I had any photos with water in them and I found this one. I took it this past weekend at the St. Louis zoo, because I had never seen a polar bear sit like that. I'm happy it turned out as clear as it did since I had it zoomed quite a bit. ;)

:x:Anti Yaoi Fans :x: Daystar Design :x: MyrrhLynn.NET :x: Need an avatar? Then Click here!

"Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES."
MyrrhLynn

Postby Roy Mustang » Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:22 pm

This is a pic taking from River Street in Savannah, Ga

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Next

Return to Art Contests