October Photography Contest!

Win the competitions and get free cookies! (sorry for lame description, perhaps Ink can come up with a better one)

Postby Scribs » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:13 pm

not my best, but it will do.Image
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby soul alive » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:18 pm

There are some very impressive entries. I'm bummed that I had a huge [architecture] studio project that I was working on at the time, which rendered me unable to go out and take photos. I feel like a slacker. T_T Ah well.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Yeshua-Knight » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:11 pm

that's alright soul, im sure you prolly had something in mind that would have blown away the competition (myself included)
'nuff said
Yeshua-Knight

Postby kaji » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:43 am

A slacker? What? Your Picture is definately my favorite, so far this month soul alive.
Depend on it. God's work done in God's way will never lack God's supply. He is too wise a God to frustrate His purposes for lack of funds, and He can just as easily supply them ahead of time as afterwards, and He much prefers doing so.
- J. Hudson Taylor
I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?" "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet. You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times." It was all true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach. He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kaji

Postby soul alive » Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:28 am

Aw thanks, heehee. Don't know about blowing away... *shrugs* I'm just on a guilt trip that I only entered one picture, and that was something I took a while ago *coughyearscough* lol.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby olorc » Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:58 pm

hmmmm....
the judge never showed eh?
i'll get on that.
sorry for the delay
Run the race so as not to be disqualified from the prize.
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
olorc

Postby Mangafanatic » Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:00 am

Hey guys!

Olorc chose me to judge the contest, and I sent my choice via PM to Inkhana about a week or more ago. I guess she's been too busy to put it up on front page. Erego, I'll just announce my choice here. Please forgive how late it is! *gomen!*

There were a lot of really great entries, so just choosing one was VERY difficult. After deliberation, though, I finally picked Soul Alive's School House! This photo, to me, showed the most visual interest as well as emotional impact. Congratulations!

Thanks again to everyone who entered and I apologize for all the judging confusion. *Osaka is black listed from all judging positions hereafter. :lol:*
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Scribs » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:30 am

Congrats Soul Alive.

Due to the fact that Olorc has been exceptionally busy lately, he has placed me in charge of all further Photo contests. I will try to get the next one up in about a week. I am glad that Mangafanatic was assigned to judge it, I will send her winning choice to Ashly to put on the main page. Dont forget to come back next month for more Photography style fun.
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby soul alive » Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:07 pm

EEEH!?! *surprised* Thanks.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

soul alive

Postby shooraijin » Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:29 pm

:thumb:, soul alive!
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Yeshua-Knight » Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:16 pm

congrats soul alive on winning!!!
'nuff said
Yeshua-Knight

Postby kaji » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:37 am

Yeah, did I call it or what? Great job sou alive! :thumb:
Depend on it. God's work done in God's way will never lack God's supply. He is too wise a God to frustrate His purposes for lack of funds, and He can just as easily supply them ahead of time as afterwards, and He much prefers doing so.
- J. Hudson Taylor
I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?" "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet. You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times." It was all true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach. He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kaji

Postby soul alive » Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:06 pm

^^ lol. Again, thankies.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

soul alive

Previous

Return to Art Contests