august coloring contest

Win the competitions and get free cookies! (sorry for lame description, perhaps Ink can come up with a better one)

Postby Scribs » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:05 am

Well, all of those entrys are amazing! I like LQs interpertation of it.

I will be back for next monts contest. Til then, adue.
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Kuro-Mizu » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:52 am

Wow awesome entry LQ! You rock!
CAA does the FACE!
ImageImageImage
Formerly Known As Vernhal
//My Devart\\//My Sheezyart\\
Kuro-Mizu

Postby meboeck » Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:41 am

Olorc, it's your contest so it makes sense that you would be somewhat in charge. I think you are doing a great job. Hopefully I will enter again next month!
*insert poem, quote, or witty comment here*

"If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! -- [color=#cc3322]MOES."
[/color]
meboeck

Postby olorc » Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:57 am

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.

DOWN TO BUSINESS
AS I'm sure you're all well aware, today is judgment day (in a non-eternal destiny/blasphemous kind of way). It was an very close at the end between several of you, but in the end one pulled away from the others.
The winner is---- Lizard Queen!!!
I loved the pastel look you gave it and use of cool color in cooperation with a sweet scene.
Eso, loved it. Especially th helmet detail and intrigue of the scene.
Mave, superb as well.
I'll PM Ink about posting LQ's winner on the homepage.attached is the pic the ink will hopefully post on the hompage.
Next month's post will be starting off in the general board and then will be moved to the art corner by a mod/admin person.
Verny, it should be good my friend.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Run the race so as not to be disqualified from the prize.
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
olorc

Postby White Raven » Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:20 pm

Yah for Liz. :dance: :rock: :jump:
I knew you would win!
I'm so gald you did. :forehead: :thumb:
formerly known as ILoveArt

My Deviant Art

Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic. Dave Barry

bigsleepj wrote: Unfinished stories never leave you, nor do they fester. They only grow better, like wine locked away in a deep dark cellar, waiting for you to bottle it and bring it to the light.
White Raven

Postby Esoteric » Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:21 pm

Second place again, huh? Oh well. You earned it LQ!! Bravo! Truly a creative piece. :thumb:
Esoteric

Postby Photosoph » Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:24 pm

Olorc, it's your contest so it makes sense that you would be somewhat in charge. I think you are doing a great job. Hopefully I will enter again next month!

Whoot! It'd be cool to see you in the next colouring contest thread, Meboeck!

Congratulations, LQ; definitely a very worthy winner and true front page material!

Adieu, Piloswine! See you next time... when hopefully I shall not rhyme... ^_^"
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]
Myoti wrote:Elementary, my dear Watsoph. XD

\(^_^)/
Still in rest and recovery mode. Posting may be sporadic at times. :pinned:
Photosoph

Location: Kiwiland... fighting for mankind in the battle of human vs. sheep.

Postby Kuro-Mizu » Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:35 pm

Yay i thought lizardqueens would win! She defintiely deserved it! See you all next month!
CAA does the FACE!
ImageImageImage
Formerly Known As Vernhal
//My Devart\\//My Sheezyart\\
Kuro-Mizu

Postby Mave » Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:56 pm

Congrats, LQ! XD Props for your creativity~ :thumb:
Mave

Postby Photosoph » Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:50 pm

See ya Vernhal, see ya everybody; it'll be cool to get together again next month! As I've said before, I'm also looking forward to seeing and colouring Vernhal's linework.
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby the_lizardqueen » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:27 pm

Y'know, I am so wishing that the CAA had a fainting emoticon right now, like on DA. I was completely and utterly stunned when I logged on today and found my entry smack dab in the middle of the main CAA page. Actually, I'm still trying to get my jaw off the ground :lol:

I'm glad and kinda amazed everyone liked my entry so much, thank you all so very much! Wow...:grin:

Okay, on to the belated ramblings about my fellow entrants, I really need to keep more up to date next month so I'm not bombarding the art thread with one huge entry. Well, I did comment on ILoveArt's (yay she's joined the coloring buddies!!!) so I guess I'll start from there...

Firstly, I really love the color scheme and solid color blocking in Vernhal's, though I'm probably a little biased because silver and blue are my favorite colors. The lens flares are extremely cool, and I love how polished and clean the image looks.

Eso is amazing as always, I've decided I want to be just like her when I'm all growed up ;) Seriously though, the detail in the background is incredible and I can't draw planes and technicallish stuff for the life of me, so I'm even more in awe. I really admire how the coloring seems so realistic, and all the different parts of the image are so cohesive. And the narrative element is very strong, it definitely inspired me to go totally overboard on my own entry.

I really, really, really liked Photosoph's take on the armor. The glowing hand is so sweet and the lighting and shading are excellent. And I love the tiger motif, with the claws and colors and striped background. So cool ^_^

And I wish my rushed stuff looked as good as Mave's. The shading and colors on the armor look really good and I like the effects around his hand. I especially like the background, with all the colors and textures and abstract shapes, it's very eyecatching.

CA's blue swirling flamey aqua vortex of doom is so incredibly cool!!!! I just keep staring at it and going 'ooooo..' The soft shading is working so nicely too and the hand is amazingly blinding, I love it :grin:

And here's to sincerely hoping that the talented Shao and the frequently frighteningly creative Piloswine will be able to enter next month. And thanks to Olorc for guiding this contest month to month, I think your doing a great job and it's growth is seeming quite natural. Though I'm still kinda stunned by the front page bit, in a giddy way ^_^
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby Photosoph » Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:21 pm

Thanks LQ; whoot! A novel-sized post! :jump:
There definitely were heaps of cool entries this time around. I hope I see Shao and Piloswine in next month's contest too. ^_^
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Previous

Return to Art Contests