august coloring contest

Win the competitions and get free cookies! (sorry for lame description, perhaps Ink can come up with a better one)

Postby olorc » Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:39 pm

piloswine- when you gettin' the pics of us with Shatterheart at SoulFest up?
Run the race so as not to be disqualified from the prize.
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
olorc

Postby Esoteric » Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:48 pm

Ah, there you are pilowswine! ..I was beginning to wonder....

Maybe you should get Olorc to send you a reminder PM each month. :grin: No, seriously i know how time flies, but you've got lots of time left to come up with something twist...err, tremedous.

Oh, and Vernhal, glad you like the art!
Esoteric

Postby CreatureArt » Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:06 pm

I'm glad you had a good time at Soul Fest, Olorc. You met Shatterheart, Lightbringer and Morningdove?! That's so awesome. This is when I miss living in New Zealand. I would love to meet the people on this site sometime.

Wow - you're off to college on the 25? All the best! What are you studying?

I agree - the art is awesome, Eso. I'm just saying that in case I forgot to tell you when I first saw it. :) . Actually, I think it would be cool if a couple of us did the falling thing... especially if we could put all our different twists on it.

Good to have you with us again, Vernhal, LQ and Piloswine! Everyone else I can't remember off the top of my head, too. :)
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
A sci-fi drama webcomic updating Thursdays.
PG-13. Rating description here.
---
CreatureArt

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:25 am

I might be able to do something with that picture. I'll see about entering.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby olorc » Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:01 am

I'm studying Communications-New Media. Mass communication via new technologies. Hopefully with a film emphasis and marketing or PR minor.

Shao- always good to have you in a thread.
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
olorc

Postby Scribs » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:09 am

Hopefully I will get those pics up soon Olorc, but you know how things go, I am a bit absent minded but hopefully Iwill get them up within a week. Same with the entry, I always seem to find time for these things.
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby the_lizardqueen » Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:35 pm

CA wrote:Actually, I think it would be cool if a couple of us did the falling thing... especially if we could put all our different twists on it.

Eso wrote:You can do falling if you want to!! We could have the falling circle of coloring buddies! Err, well or something... Want to break the blue period eh? Hmm, how about a sepia-toned piece? Try a warm light pallete of reds oranges and browns. Or not...it's just a possibility.

Woot! A coloring falling buddies circle! :grin:

I really like your suggestion about the warm color palatte, I promise I'll try and give it a go (no matter how much I want to use the blue...*twitch*)

It's awesome to see so many people this month, and I hope you can enter Shao, your stuff is always so cool ^_^
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby Esoteric » Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:46 pm

Woot! A coloring falling buddies circle!

*reads and feels vertigo setting in* :dizzy: :lol:

So are you guys making progress? My boss gave me a half-day yesterday... :hug: ...so I actually finished mine, *looks around pensively* but I think I'll wait until next week to post it. Anyone else close?
Esoteric

Postby Photosoph » Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:14 am

Erm... I've got the basic colours done now, and because I'm trying to work on other projects I may take a few 'shortcuts' to finish mine quickly... however because I want to spend more time getting a particular part of the pic looking more detailed, I'm not sure how long it'll take. Knowing me, I might get a lot of free time and spend a long session getting it finished in one day... or I could get it done in several bite-sized sessions over several days. So we'll see. ^_^
:hug: Whoot for generous bosses!
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]
Myoti wrote:Elementary, my dear Watsoph. XD

\(^_^)/
Still in rest and recovery mode. Posting may be sporadic at times. :pinned:
Photosoph

Location: Kiwiland... fighting for mankind in the battle of human vs. sheep.

Postby Kuro-Mizu » Sat Aug 13, 2005 6:38 pm

I have the guy colored but i dont know what to do for a background so i am kinda stuck hmmm. I dont really wanna do falling cause everyone else is but if i dont think of something else in time i probably will do it anyway.....
CAA does the FACE!
ImageImageImage
Formerly Known As Vernhal
//My Devart\\//My Sheezyart\\
Kuro-Mizu

Postby CreatureArt » Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:31 am

I hope you're able to join us, Shao. :)

olorc wrote:I'm studying Communications-New Media. Mass communication via new technologies. Hopefully with a film emphasis and marketing or PR minor.

Wow. I'm thinking of taking a communications course and majoring in PR next year, once I'm out of school. Cool. :)

Go the colouring buddies circle! Falling sounds like a good theme... I haven't really done much on my picture so far *blushes* so I'll see how it morphs as I go along.
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby Mave » Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:18 pm

:sweat: Boy, it took me a while to catch up on this hehe

This is looking good. I'll see what I can do this time. A promise is a promise.
Mave

Postby olorc » Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:05 am

Wow. I'm thinking of taking a communications course and majoring in PR next year, once I'm out of school. Cool.

very cool. PM me if you have more questions or anything.
olorc

Heres mine

Postby Kuro-Mizu » Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:27 am

OkaY here is mine. More practice on solids! and the background is kinda plain but oh well......
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CAA does the FACE!
ImageImageImage
Kuro-Mizu

Postby White Raven » Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:04 pm

Vernhal wrote:OkaY here is mine. More practice on solids! and the background is kinda plain but oh well......

Oh cool, I love the markings on the armor.
Good job! :rock:
formerly known as ILoveArt

My Deviant Art

Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic. Dave Barry

bigsleepj wrote: Unfinished stories never leave you, nor do they fester. They only grow better, like wine locked away in a deep dark cellar, waiting for you to bottle it and bring it to the light.
White Raven

Postby olorc » Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:26 pm

very nice verny. Entry accepted.
olorc

Postby Photosoph » Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:39 pm

That is so blimmin' cool, Vernhal! I really love the colours and effects. And like Lart said, great markings on the amour.

Eee! That reminds me -I'd better get working on my own entry!! *Scuttles off*
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby Esoteric » Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:45 pm

Hey, that IS cool! Very nice lightrays you've got going there. Tha lack of a background isn't terribly detracting either...it kinda seems like he's dreaming about something...like the light at the end of a tunnel. :lol: JK! Nice job Vernhal!

Hmm, I think I'll post mine on Wednesday...
Esoteric

Postby Kuro-Mizu » Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:53 pm

hehe thanks everyone!
CAA does the FACE!
ImageImageImage
Kuro-Mizu

Postby CreatureArt » Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:11 am

Whoa.... awesome entry, Vernhal! I love the tones/values you've used, and the cell shading fits beautifully into the style of colouring you've used.

Thanks, Olorc. I'll take you up on that if I can think of any. :)
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby Kuro-Mizu » Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:38 am

Tanks Cart!
CAA does the FACE!
ImageImageImage
Kuro-Mizu

Postby olorc » Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:57 pm

the time is nearing... and only one entry in? people, I hope we don't let vernhal take this away all by his lonesome.
olorc

Postby Kuro-Mizu » Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:02 pm

But what about Iloveart's entry? She entered to! I'm not lonesome!
CAA does the FACE!
ImageImageImage
Kuro-Mizu

Postby Esoteric » Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:36 pm

olorc wrote:the time is nearing... and only one entry in? people, I hope we don't let vernhal take this away all by his lonesome.

All right, all right, I'll quit stalling! :lol: But Vernhal is right, this makes three entries so far, not two!
Falling seems such an appropriate theme for me right now, seeing as I've been trying to avoid it for the past two days... but I'll admit, this guy is having a super bad day! On the bright side though, it'll probably be his last... :sweat: ..Okay, that's not funny.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Esoteric

Postby White Raven » Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:11 pm

olorc wrote:the time is nearing... and only one entry in? people, I hope we don't let vernhal take this away all by his lonesome.

Was mine not accepted? :waah!:

My Deviant Art

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic. Dave Barry

bigsleepj wrote: Unfinished stories never leave you, nor do they fester. They only grow better, like wine locked away in a deep dark cellar, waiting for you to bottle it and bring it to the light.
White Raven

Postby Esoteric » Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:53 pm

Of course it was accepted!! Don't cry!! :drool: Olorc was simply gone when you posted yours and he probably missed it...RIGHT OLORC?! :lol:
Seriously LArt, there's no reason at all why yours wouldn't be accepted. I guess some of us just can't count...
Esoteric

Postby Kuro-Mizu » Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:37 pm

Oh thats really cool i would have never thought of his armor as a pilot outfit but it goes very well! sweet entry eso!
CAA does the FACE!
ImageImageImage
Kuro-Mizu

Postby Photosoph » Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:03 pm

He's surrounded by so many colouring buddies -how can he be lonesome? ;) Seriously, though, I'll be entering mine soon; I've got the majority of shading and colouring done, though as I said before I've been taking a few shortcuts to save time (notably, I haven't used the dodge tool -just the burn tool).

I really like that pilot idea, Eso; it's so cool; I love all the colours and the background too -it really goes with his expression. ^_^ Btw, really, really cool new av! ...Do my eyes decieve me, or is it a two-toed sloth? (Go sloths!) I still love your own one, but it's cool to see a new one too.

<EDIT>Well, despite what I said about taking shortcuts, I think I spent such a good, long session on it today that I rendered almost all of the shortcuts I was going to use void. ...Though one of the main few shortcuts I did actually use was working on the pic at the size it is now. It saved my hand quite a lot of work. :grin:
I've mainly finished, but could tweak and tweak and tweak... but no. I'll post it -and if I do end up making any tweaks, I'll just update the pic before the 22nd. ^_^ ...Is that allowed?

Go wild thang! *Hears the old music begin to play...*

<Edit>Tweaked it slightly. ^_^"
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby White Raven » Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:33 am

Wow the entries are so cool peeps.

My Deviant Art

White Raven

Postby olorc » Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:26 pm

sorry guys... total mix up there... don't know what I was thinking... yes yes yes... I have several entries. I think 4 to be exact. Eso, ILoveArt, Verny, and photo.
olorc

Previous Next

Return to Art Contests