A Mobile CAA

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

A Mobile CAA

Postby armeck » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:02 pm

i don't know a lot about mobile forums. they have mobile facebook so a mobile forum doesn't sound impossible i use caa on my phone sometimes and a mobile version would be really nice...
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Postby Radical Dreamer » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:06 pm

We've actually had someone bring this up before. What it usually comes down to is the fact that our Admin and resident IT wizard (ohaha because his avatar is Gandalf you see), Mith, is super busy, and there's a lot of coding and such that goes into making a mobile version of something. We appreciate the suggestions, and if any of the rest of the staff has any ideas on this, I'm sure they'll let you know in this thread, but based on past experience, I'm going to assume a "no" on this one. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby armeck » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:09 pm

i know quite a bit about web design and i know making a mobile version could be hecka hard! but it would be cool to have...
armeck

Postby TheMewster » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:02 pm

I understand. I use CAA on my iPhone all the time. So far, I've been able to deal with all the scrolling and inconvienences (excuse my poor spelling.) I've never coded anything before, but a mobile version does seem hard to do. But that IS a good idea! God bless you all, and peace be with you!
So the poor has hope, and injustice shuts her mouth. ~Job 5:16 WEB~
For you are my hope, Lord Yahweh; my confidence from my youth. ~Psalm 71:5 WEB~
TheMewster

Postby armeck » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:14 pm

my phone's screen is quite a bit smaller than the iphone's screen so there is a lot of scrolling to do lol
armeck

Postby jjmabe » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:03 am

I know this is an old thread but I think a mobile CAA would be awesome. The thing is that I don't think that CAA would have to make it them selves. What I was thinking was that CAA could possible put out a notice or something and ask for volunteer help. A member here might know how to make a mobile version or maybe even an app for on the iPhone app Store.
[SIZE="2"]The only thing worth living for is Christ[/SIZE]

Also I think this Smile :comp: is so funny
jjmabe

Postby Mithrandir » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:12 am

While I appreciate everyone's interest, the code base we use really does require a lot of hands-on work by the site admin. Even if someone else comes up with 'the code' to make it work, I would still have to create a new skin and update about 200 files to make it work. The end-user would also have to switch between skins each time they wanted to go back and forth. Additionally, any time we upgrade to a new version, we'd have to check every single file in the skin to make sure they work right.

I estimate it's several hundred hours of code to do it right - and I just don't have that kind of time left over after me day job.

Sorry everyone!
Mithrandir

Postby TheMewster » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:24 pm

'S OK. CAA still works on my cell. God bless!
So the poor has hope, and injustice shuts her mouth. ~Job 5:16 WEB~
For you are my hope, Lord Yahweh; my confidence from my youth. ~Psalm 71:5 WEB~
TheMewster

Return to Announcements and Feedback