Forum problems

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

Forum problems

Postby Amzi Live » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:04 pm

I don't know if it's here that I should post ,but the tool bar on top of the forum were was displayed forum,chat,and I forgot the other links is gone on my computer,but when I use another computer it's there.I don't know if I'm stating the problem right.I guess one of the reasons I'm kinda freaked out is that I can't get into the chat cause the tool bar is missing.
[font="Arial Narrow"] Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name. Psalm86:11[/font]
Proud lurker? Join MOES,and help us stay cool.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Amzi Live

Postby Mithrandir » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:54 pm

Well, there are many things that *could* be the culprit. Have you tried another browser on the same computer? Try it in Firefox, Safari, Opera, IE - anything you don't normally use.

Depending on your browser, there could also be settings that can accidentally be toggled. For example, Firefox has a "don't display graphics from this site" toggle that you can accidentally hit if you right-click wrong.
Mithrandir

Postby Amzi Live » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:42 am

Mithrandir (post: 1206536) wrote:Well, there are many things that *could* be the culprit. Have you tried another browser on the same computer? Try it in Firefox, Safari, Opera, IE - anything you don't normally use.

Depending on your browser, there could also be settings that can accidentally be toggled. For example, Firefox has a "don't display graphics from this site" toggle that you can accidentally hit if you right-click wrong.

You were right,I tried it on IE,and it showed. I use firefox so I guess I clicked on the wrong place.Can I get it back up to show?
[font="Arial Narrow"] Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name. Psalm86:11[/font]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Amzi Live

Postby Mithrandir » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:35 pm

Check in Firefox under "Preferences -> Content -> Load Images Automatically -> Exceptions."

You might be able to undo it there.

HIH
Mithrandir

Postby Amzi Live » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:10 pm

Thanks lots Mith.I'll give it a try.
By the way,what's HIH?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Amzi Live

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:31 pm

Amzi Live wrote:By the way,what's HIH?

"Hope it helps" given the context. Or it could be "How's it hanging?" and Mithrandir was just attempting to make his post less formal.

Since I'm posting in this thread to answer that, I may as well give another thought: I think I've been working in tech support for too long, because when I saw the response my first thought was "Good, I can close this ticket."
uc pseudonym

Postby RidleyofZebes » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:02 pm

...This could also be a problem I've been having lately.

For some reason, Firefox has been loading about half of an image and, thinking it had the whole thing, stopping there and saying that's all there is. Even reloading won't help.

The only way I've found to help with this problem is to clear the browser cache. I know some people are a little hesitant to do that, but it works for me. YMMV
~Ridley [color="Green"] ;)
[/color]
[font="Arial Black"][color="Red"]My [color="Red"]deviantART[/color][/color][/font] | [font="Arial Black"][color="Red"]My [color="Red"]YouTube[/color][/color][/font]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~~~[color="Yellow"]AKA: DarkwaterhHealer~~~[/color]
Even when lurking, I am with you in spirit...

Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES.
RidleyofZebes

Return to Announcements and Feedback